Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Combi Boilers

+3
mark leach
boltonbonce
karlypants
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Combi Boilers Empty Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 17:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking at replacing my combi boiler and with all the makes, models and warranties these days I was wondering if anyone has had one fitted  recently or has any recommendations?

Do we have any members that are plumbers or in the trade? Smile

2Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm no plumber KP,but we've got this,which we're very happy with.
http://www.potterton.co.uk/performa-combi-HE/

3Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:30

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You can't go wrong with a Baxi.

4Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark leach wrote:You can't go wrong with Baxi.

What time, and where is it running, and what are the best odds?

5Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping mark read the e/w betting guide I posted.
He'll probably read it and stuff the lot of us. Very Happy

6Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:40

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
mark leach wrote:You can't go wrong with  Baxi.

What time, and where is it running,  and what are the best odds?

It's running in your dreams at Broadmoor in the Idiots Handicap and its 100-1 Wink

7Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's so quick it leaves the jockey behind!
Combi Boilers Z

8Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

9Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 02 2014, 20:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bosch are supposed to be the most reliable.

10Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 12:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Bosch are supposed to be the most reliable.
Worcester boilers have had a bit of bad press recently with problems with the heat tanks splitting so they were a boiler brand I was trying to avoid. Smile

11Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 12:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I ended up buying an Ideal Vogue boiler as they have upgraded their 7 year parts and labour warranties on this range to a whopping 10 years which swayed me to it. Smile

12Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I ended up buying an Ideal Vogue boiler as they have upgraded their 7 year parts and labour warranties on this range to a whopping 10 years which swayed me to it. Smile

good to know, thanks KP

13Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 13:57

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:I ended up buying an Ideal Vogue boiler as they have upgraded their 7 year parts and labour warranties on this range to a whopping 10 years which swayed me to it. Smile

good to know, thanks KP

lol!

14Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:

good to know, thanks KP

lol!

whats funny about that Johnny? I was being serious! I'm an old codger now and need to keep warm in winter Very Happy

15Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone experience with Green Deal or similar schemes promising free and low-cost boilers/insulation etc?

I just bought a property and enquired about External Wall Insulation and the quote was inflated to start with, then they offered me a loan (I said I wanted to pay up front) and then they knocked off the "grant" and ended up with a price that was no different from the one I got not involving the scheme.

I'll be doing this one up over the winter so if anyone knows of any national schemes that actually offer VFM please let me know.

16Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:15

The free cavity wall thing that's being pushed exhaustively at the moment seems a good deal.

Basically Cameron signed us up to a commitment with the EU about reducing domestic CO2 footprints by a certain date and the whole thing's been appallingly mishandled, and the date for when he said it'd all be done is rapidly approaching and we're nowhere near.

And if we don't hit the target, we get a whopping fine from Brussels, hence the mad panic to get everybody signed at no cost to the consumer.

17Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:15

Norpig wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:

good to know, thanks KP

lol!

whats funny about that Johnny? I was being serious! I'm an old codger now and need to keep warm in winter Very Happy
sorry, thought it was a bit tongue in cheek, my bad.  Do you not get the winter fuel allowance?  or do you save it to spend on xmas like the rest Wink

18Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:16

wanderlust wrote:Anyone experience with Green Deal or similar schemes promising free and low-cost boilers/insulation etc?

I just bought a property and enquired about External Wall Insulation and the quote was inflated to start with, then they offered me a loan (I said I wanted to pay up front) and then they knocked off the "grant" and ended up with a price that was no different from the one I got not involving the scheme.

I'll be doing this one up over the winter so if anyone knows of any national schemes that actually offer VFM please let me know.

i know british gas are doing something regards innsulation and you don't even have to be a customer i think!

19Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i got my cavity walls done and loft insulated for free a few years ago by Manchester Council because i have young kids, not sure if other councils offer the same deal though

20Combi Boilers Empty Re: Combi Boilers Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:

good to know, thanks KP

lol!

sorry, thought it was a bit tongue in cheek, my bad.  Do you not get the winter fuel allowance?  or do you save it to spend on xmas like the rest Wink

you cheeky bugger Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum