Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunderland 2-2 Bolton.

+18
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
doffcocker
Keegan
MrK
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Dunkels King
largehat
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Spillthebeans
xmiles
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We have a hell of an injury list growing for tomorrows game, 6 players in all could miss the trip to the SOL.

"I've six players who were involved against Aston Villa that can't train today," he said.

"But I'm hoping we can patch a few of them up and get them out there on Saturday. It's not rocket science to know Chris Eagles came off with an injury (at Villa).

"Mark Davies was touch and go to play beforehand, managed to come through it, but he's another one who is doubtful.

"Ryo Miyaichi received a bang on his shoulder, and then one or two others who came into the game have taken knocks. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell, it looks like just NRC and Pratley in midfield. Maybe he will bring back Zat Knight to partner Wheater and throw Ream in the middle ? Either that or give Vela a game.

33Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This could really kill the momentum from the villa game if he has to make that many changes.

Personally if we have that many midfielders out I can see a 4-4-2 with Prats and NRC in the centre, I can't see him throwing Vela in a 4-5-1.

34Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 12:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The line-up tomorrow is going to be very interesting because if we can find the winning formula then we should put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the rest of the pack.

35Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

I'd love Wigan to go down.

Why?

I don't like them very much. Their fans have an irrational hatred of BWFC.

Whenever I go to Wigan for non footballing reasons and mention I am a Bolton fan, they always reply by telling me we are rivals and they hate us. It does my head in.

I don't like that roadsign they have that says 'Welcome to Wigan - home of Super League Rugby and Premier League Football'. It needs to come down.

A horrible town full of horrible people.
The reason Wigan fans don't like Bolton is that they hadn't got a football team until the 1930s and for the first 50 years of their existence they were nowhere. From time immemorial the vast majority of Wiganers who were into footie either supported Wanderers or one of the Liverpool teams - or United. Certainly everyone at the Leigh end of Wigan were Wanderers fans. Almost half the people that died in the Burnden disaster came from the East Wigan/Leigh area. As Wigan's fan base grew when they started to have a bit of success those that had always supported Wigan turned against Bolton because they knew we had "their" fans and disliking the Wanderers became part of their culture. They nicked our fans and turned them against us.

36Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Miyaichi shouldn't start anyway - he's not good enough.
What an opportunity to play Riley and Vela. If they're ever going to get thrown in now's the time to do it rather than further risk the others - inless it's all bluff and mind games.
Re points required/who will go down - we need to win just to stay in the race IMO. We're in the bottom 3 and at this stage of the season it's points on the board that count, not games in hand as they mean nothing.
Even a win won't put us clear, but it will at least have the effect of worrying the other teams around us. We musn't lose sight of the fact that we're in deep shit. Villa win was nice, but it will mean nothing if we don't follow it up with a win at the SOL.

37Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 15:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cheers WanderL, I didn't know that. All I remember about them, was when I went to a game years ago, and stood on a grassy mound to watch them. I'm assuming they've moved on since than

38Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 15:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Miyaichi shouldn't start anyway - he's not good enough.
What an opportunity to play Riley and Vela. If they're ever going to get thrown in now's the time to do it rather than further risk the others - inless it's all bluff and mind games.
Re points required/who will go down - we need to win just to stay in the race IMO. We're in the bottom 3 and at this stage of the season it's points on the board that count, not games in hand as they mean nothing.
Even a win won't put us clear, but it will at least have the effect of worrying the other teams around us. We musn't lose sight of the fact that we're in deep shit. Villa win was nice, but it will mean nothing if we don't follow it up with a win at the SOL.

You don't want a lot, do you? Play a couple of kids with about 5 PL appearances between them and all three points.

I'll be out of my house about 16 hours tomorrow to make the trip and I will be delighted with a point. How you can say that will mean nothing is staggering. We won't need 12 points from 4 games to stay up. We probably won't even need 6.

39Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 15:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, I reckon you're right. Whatever happens tomorrow, and lets be honest, if all the Sunderland players turn up and play as they can, were buggered. We must get something out of the game, even if we lose. If we lose our confidence and feel-good factor at this stage, it doesn't matter how many games we have left, we don't have the games, or the time to make a comeback. We have to get it right first time, and I'm out on whether youngsters would make a difference now. (possibly for last 30 or so, if its obvious we ain't going nowhere)

40Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd happily settle for the bottom 6 to all lose this weekend.

41Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 16:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, I just love your positivity !

42Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tomorrow is the hardest game of the four remaining, if we can get through it still a point off Wigan/QPR and 3 off Villa I reckon we can stay up.

43Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 16:44

Mark Lawrenson says we will lose 2-1 so we have a good chance of winning. Sunderland have more players out than we do Larrson, Richardson, Wes Brown, Cattermole, Gardner, Wickham and Titus Bramble (Unfortunately). Think we should ask them if they fancy a game of 5 a side instead.

44Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 17:39

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

does anyone know how many away tickets have been sold?

45Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 17:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:does anyone know how many away tickets have been sold?

46Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 18:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Tomorrow is the hardest game of the four remaining, if we can get through it still a point off Wigan/QPR and 3 off Villa I reckon we can stay up.

Wow. I thought we were "already down" and that those of us who didn't think so were "deluded". The worm has turned.

47Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Fri Apr 27 2012, 19:53

We will win tomorrow, 1-0 Ngog.

COYW!

48Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Sat Apr 28 2012, 14:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bogdan, Boyata, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Eagles, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Petrov, Ngog, K Davies

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Alonso, Knight, Klasnic, Sordell, Ryo, Vela

49Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Sat Apr 28 2012, 14:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Bogdan, Boyata, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Eagles, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Petrov, Ngog, K Davies

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Alonso, Knight, Klasnic, Sordell, Ryo, Vela

Coyle = bellend.

Statement to be retracted if we win? No.

50Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland 2-2 Bolton. Sat Apr 28 2012, 14:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The way his mind works - you just want to bang his head repetitively against a wall.

We won the last match in the second half playing 4-4-2, with Davies and Ngog, so that automatically means that that system is right for this game.

Dick head!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum