Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going Gay Abroad

+6
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
Pevensey Pete
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Going Gay Abroad Empty Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

69 year old homo Ray Cole has been jailed for 4 months for being a gay while on holiday in Morocco.

He knew it was illegal to be a gay but insisted on travelling there with his partner. He now spends his days locked up in a cell with 60 other men. It is unclear how many of them are gay.

His son, also a gay, told Pink News: "He is facing his 70th birthday in there, but he will make the most of his situation"

His son plans to travel to Morocco to be with his father.

Do you have any sympathy? Homosexuality being illegal sounds like the dark ages, but should we respect other cultures when we travel there? Or should you be able to re-enact Brokeback Mountain wherever and whenever you like?

2Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:01

It all depends what they were doing when the Plod turned up.

If they were playing "hide the sausage" in the town square in broad daylight, then they can have no complaints.

However, if they'd just bought a couple of Appletinis in some bar and the barman thought "Ey up, like that is it?.....We've got a couple of them gayers here!" and he then grassed 'em up, it's a bit harsh.

Can we have some clarification on context please?

3Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Can we have some clarification on context please?

He was stopped at a bus-stop looking suspiciously gay. The police took his phone and found a smoking gun - a photo of Mr Cole and his chum.

4Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:18

I think we need to see what they were doing in said picture.

Please post a link.

5Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morocco is a Muslim country and as we all know, the Koran forbids homosexuality. Mr Cole and his partner should have done their research before visiting a bigoted and backwards country. Expect more of the same headlines if the World Cup ends up being played in Qatar.

6Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:43

Pevensey Pete

Pevensey Pete
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Should have stayed at home.

7Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 20:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two German gay guys in our Moroccan hotel weren't exactly shy about their sexuality. They wore matching shocking pink lederhosen, had matching peroxide hairdos and minced around the city camper than Butlin's and told us they never had a problem apart from grief they didn't understand from an elderly widow.
The laws remain primitive but the enforcement of them seems discretionary in Morocco.

8Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 20:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Two German gay guys in our Moroccan hotel weren't exactly shy about their sexuality.

Were you the man or the "woman" of the relationship?

9Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 21:49

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This was mentioned this morning at work, but as someone pointed out, only less than 25 years ago Morocco was a major destination for those with the "pink" pound or dollar as they were accepted and very much welcomed.  In fact Homosexuality wasn't illegal and many Middle East and North African countries recognised it as the third sex!

Fact is Qu'ran actually states the same as the Bible, and the Torah with regards to same sex relationships (because all 3 are Abrahamic religions based upon the ancient text of Abraham) but as the majority of Muslims are not that very devout (just like in Christianity, and judaism) then people tend to ignore the religious laws, and live in the real world.

Funny thing is, it is not just about homosexuality that the hardliners have come down on - one can look up on youtube the old Iraqi, Iranian, and even Afghanistan adverts from the 1970's and 1980's showing scantily clad women, women in bikini's and even women gone topless on the beaches!!!

Problem is for one reason or another the people became disillusioned with the powers that be and ended up supporting the right-winged hardline religious extremists and thus we now have the problem in the Middle East - and the same could be said for what could be happening in Europe with Nationalist parties beginning to pick votes up due to disillusionment in current political powers and all thanks to saying the right words at the right time and announcing popular sound-bites of people's fears!

10Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew you'd be the expert on homosexuality.

11Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 22:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I found the post really interesting.

12Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 22:19

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nope not on homosexuality as I haven't a clue as to what goes where!!! I was advised the information about Morroco by a colleague.

But on common sense and history - through watching Television and Reading around subjects - especially with regards on how the Middle East Countries used to be...

http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/yugoslavera-television-presentation-39012/page-9

This is a good read and has good clips of what I was saying

13Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 22:23

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am surprised KP as not been on this topic, he could answer all your questions. Very Happy

14Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 22:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Nope not on homosexuality as I haven't a clue as to what goes where!!!

You put your willy in another man's ear.

15Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Mon Oct 06 2014, 22:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Nope not on homosexuality as I haven't a clue as to what goes where!!!

My willy is not doing that!!!

16Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Tue Oct 07 2014, 00:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So your not denying how small it is then...

17Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Tue Oct 07 2014, 00:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I am surprised KP as not been on this topic, he could answer all your questions. Very Happy
Just because I fancied your caramelized sausage a while back! Very Happy

18Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Tue Oct 07 2014, 00:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So your not denying how small it is then...

Not when I use the pump!

19Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Tue Oct 07 2014, 22:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always thought Christianity was a religion of tolerance, or is it just a barricade to hide behind when it suits? 
Hell here I come!! 
Over to you Nat.

20Going Gay Abroad Empty Re: Going Gay Abroad Wed Oct 08 2014, 07:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ray Cole was last night released from jail.

Did he stay behind to find out about his boyfriend, Jamal Jam Wald Nass, aged 20 who was being kept at the same prison? No, he boarded a plane home to England while shouting he would do all he could to help "Jammy".

What a romantic story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum