Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now three from SIX?

+4
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
bwfc71
doffcocker
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Now three from SIX? Empty Now three from SIX? Wed Apr 25 2012, 23:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

After half a season of people suspecting Villa could get sucked into it but only a fraction of us believing they actually would, there's now no doubting they're well and truly in it!

Remaining fixtures:

West Brom (A)
Spurs (H)
Norwich (A)

They're three points clear, we have a game in hand, there's points left in all four teams below them in my opinion, they've only won two matches in 2012, and narrowly on both occasions and you wouldn't be surprised if they lost their last three.

Baring this in mind, last night was miles too good to be true!

2Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Wed Apr 25 2012, 23:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thought it was actually any 2 from 5 now that Wolves are actually relegated now.

3Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Wed Apr 25 2012, 23:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It would be great to see Villa go down - if only to read some more of Nat's posts from their wonderful fans.

Just as long as we don't go down with them.

4Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Wed Apr 25 2012, 23:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:Thought it was actually any 2 from 5 now that Wolves are actually relegated now.

Well yes but for a long time it's been about the bottom five. It's now a bottom six, even though one of them is already down.

5Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 12:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Must admit I believed that Villa would get into trouble, a few weeks ago and predicted if they lost against us then they would be in deep trouble. They seem to be on free-fall just at the wrong time.

6Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 13:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Villa won't go down but it's always good to have more teams with the thought that they might, going into the final few games.

7Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 16:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I said they'd go into freefall when Darren Bent got injured, but never genuinely believed they'd be battling for survival.

Nobody can now seriously rule them out!

8Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 18:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the baggies beat Villa then they will be relying on other teams to keep them safe. Randy Lerner is clearly a slow learner. McLeish took Birmingham down last season which is not lost on the Villa fans.

9Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 18:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:If the baggies beat Villa then they will be relying on other teams to keep them safe. Randy Lerner is clearly a slow learner. McLeish took Birmingham down last season which is not lost on the Villa fans.

I never rated Houllier - didn't agree with his appointment and agreed with his sacking!

But it was just money down the drain if he was only gonna replace him with McLeish. Anybody would have told him that!

10Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 19:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the League Cup win for Brum may have swayed Lerner. On paper, there is no way the players at Villa should be in such dire straits. There are clearly problems behind the scenes.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

11Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm amazed VIlla are in this position and am even more suprised he hasn't been sacked yet either.

It's just like when Megson was here, a decent championship manager but get him the premier league and his teams are boring as fuck and ultra defensive.

12Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its amazing really when you think about it. Clubs are so shit-scared of losing their income from the Premier that they will hang on desperately to a malfunctioning manager, (unless your name is McCarthy), in the hope that they will survive for one more payday. In the mean time, the fans are pissed off, the revenue drops anyway, and debts are too high to invest in the team, thus making their future even worse than their present. We should all rue the day when accountants took over the clubs.

13Now three from SIX? Empty Re: Now three from SIX? Fri Apr 27 2012, 08:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were a few derisory responses when I suggested it might be a possibility a few weeks ago but it's a real possibility now. However, I'm not that concerned about Villa or anyone else for that matter. Our future is still in our own hands - unlike Rovers, QPR and Wigan and all I want to see is the lads churning out 4 good performances in a row to ensure our safety.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum