Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonfire And Fireworks.

+10
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Tue Nov 04 2014, 16:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The brown peas are actually Canadian Maple peas. They are the staple diet of racing pigeons. Delicious when steeped overnight in baking soda. ( The peas...not the pigeons.)

32Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I used to live on an estate in halliwell and while we were at school the adults would build the bonfire on the field off brownlow way (it's a park and mini football pitch now) and someone would have a table out giving away black peas and bovril. You just don't have the same kind of community spirit anymore. Those were the days. Everything's organised to death these days. It's all ruled by health and safety. You can't get to within 100 feet of a bonfire anymore or someone in an orange jacket telling you off for trying. Having said that I wouldn't want my kids getting up to half the stuff I did as a kid. The worry would kill me.

33Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sat Nov 04 2017, 21:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here we go again. It's like a war zone down here.Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Smiley-lights-fireworks

34Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sat Nov 04 2017, 21:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Here we go again. It's like a war zone down here.Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Smiley-lights-fireworks
Hope everyone's dogs are ok with all the noise.

35Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sat Nov 04 2017, 21:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It made me think actually Bonce with me sat here on my arse on Nuts with not a care in the world whilst the bangs continue that those innocent people in the middle east shitting themselves hoping and praying that the noise from the bombs that none of them are eventually going to kill them.

36Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sat Nov 04 2017, 21:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It made me think back to the time our gang dressed up little Jimmy Spigot as a guy make up an all and sat him in a chair outside the Clarence he was a bit thick but very good at playing still made lots of money from the drunks and scared them shitless when Jimmy Screamed.

37Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sun Nov 05 2017, 19:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It was bad enough last night with all the noise- but some brain deads are letting off more fireworks now behind my house. Would it be politically correct to shoot one of them as a discouragement?

38Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sun Nov 05 2017, 19:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still going on here. What a waste of money.

39Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sun Nov 05 2017, 19:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a private back road at the back of our house that 6 of us share. I noticed last night that the family were setting fireworks off on it throughout the evening and came outside and had a peek at the road only to see beer bottles all over and the remains of all the packaging etc from the fireworks that they didn't bother to clean up today.

The fucking shit bags.

40Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sun Nov 05 2017, 19:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I shall advise them that they are better off living in a caravan if that is how they want to behave.

41Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Sun Nov 05 2017, 19:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has now been reported that fireworks have been thrown at crews as they attended a bonfire started by youths in a park. here

42Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Tue Nov 14 2017, 15:31

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was born in 1948 and my family always called then black peas.

I too have  the same memories of eating them in the striped tent at the fair on Moor Lane bus station.

Happy days, a simpler life, we were happy with very little.

Cue Hovis advert.

43Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Tue Nov 14 2017, 18:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I was born in 1948 and my family always called then black peas.

I too have  the same memories of eating them in the striped tent at the fair on Moor Lane bus station.

Happy days, a simpler life, we were happy with very little.

Cue Hovis advert.

You can still get black peas in Ye Olde Pasty Shoppe at bottom of Bradshawgate opposite Ye Olde Man and Scythe.

44Bonfire And Fireworks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bonfire And Fireworks. Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:58

Armstrongs in morris green where doing all the bonfire treats.  Parkin, treacle toffeee, black peas  and more.

Best thing about bonfire night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum