Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The racism discussion thread

The racism discussion thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

91The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Mon Nov 03 2014, 23:13

It's not just me then, is it?

Honestly, it's shit like this that makes it hard to discuss the issues that 58 touched on in starting this thread without confusing yourself and thinking "What's the point?".........

What are we supposed to think and say?

Go on......give us a clue!

This stuff just confuses me.

92The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Tue Nov 04 2014, 09:09

@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
You seem to be under the impression racism is only about colour. Racism comes in many forms, colour is just one of many

Maybe, but the fact remains non-white people have been persecuted for centuries and seen as inferior to white people. I'm guessing as a white male you have no experience of racism aimed at you.

Perhaps if people had been calling you "nigger" or "paki" for 40 years you might take offence at a joke aimed at your race/colour.
For a start I didn't use the words you mention above. The word used in the joke was 'black'. I have only had a couple of experiences of racism directed towards me. Both were many years ago. In the first instance I was playing for the school football team against a school that was predominantly Asian. They had supporters all around the edge of the pitch. As I ran down the wing one of them stuck a leg out and tripped me. As I stood up he called me a "fucking milky bar". Hardcore stuff I'm sure you'll agree. The second incident was on my way home from school in Astley bridge (thornleigh if you're interested). As I walked down Blackburn road the mosque was emptying down near the iron church. I was stopped by a group of young lads, 18-20 years old I would say. They asked me if I knew a lad at school, Liam saville was his name. They wanted to kick his head in for some reason and so sent me off with a message I should tell him. Just before I was allowed to leave one of the lads said, "you better not fucking walk home this way again or I'll fucking batter you. This is Blackburn road not whiteburn road you know what I mean." I just thought he was a total bell end TBH. Wasn't offended racially. Just pissed off because I had to go a different way home from then on.

i knew a lad from thornleigh called liam saville, was in my year too!

93The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:04

What year did you leave 58?

94The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:06

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I was a year down from you mate left in 2000.

95The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:28

I left in 97. (Expelled) officially it should of been 99

96The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
@y2johnny wrote:I left in 97. (Expelled)  officially it should of been 99
Probably not a bad thing that with the whole place being governed by catholic priests. It's a wonder any of us left with our arseholes still in one piece tbh

97The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:36

I dont know, a couple of the pe teachers (bod) were just as bad. I knew loads in your year.

98The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Wed Nov 05 2014, 10:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This story caught my eye this morning. I didn't realise the native North american Indians were so sensitive. It looks like a few feathers have been ruffled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2821242/Ellie-Goulding-s-Halloween-fancy-dress-sets-race-row-critics-saying-Native-American-costume-no-different-wearing-black-face.html

99The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
However, Conservative MP Philip Davies last night called on the singer to ‘stick to her guns’, saying: ‘As far as I’m concerned, all of these people who are complaining are idiots. 
'I never cease to be amazed at how easily people will take offence – and usually this is white, middle-class, Guardian-reading, sandal-wearing, politically correct do-gooders who are offended on someone else’s behalf. 
'The people concerned are never usually offended themselves.’

Don't normally agree with politicians but this statement seems pretty accurate to me.

100The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Mr Davies is spot on. Some people have nothing better to do than look for spurious examples of racism. It is their raison d'etre.

101The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Wed Nov 05 2014, 11:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Miss Goulding also received support from Crystal Speer, who works for the Native American Heritage Association in the United States. 
While the organisation does not have an official opinion on the matter, Mrs Speer said in a personal capacity: ‘I do think [the reaction] is a bit much. People these days will jump at anything to get offended at. 

Just in case you need an opinion from someone who actually has the right to be offended. Says it all really.

102The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Sun Sep 29 2019, 20:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

103The racism discussion thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The racism discussion thread on Mon Sep 30 2019, 16:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
As the man said....I hate racism. And Norwegians.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum