Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ched Evans

+27
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Sluffy
White84
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
Bwfc1958
B.D.P
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

31Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Really poor by Oldham to sign Evans. If Evans had shown remorse and said he was drunk and said how sorry and ashamed he was, people would likely give him a second chance.
But he is an arrogant nasty rapist and should not be given an opportunity like this.
Oldham have made a big error here.

32Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sam Allardyce got sacked by a rapist, there was no outcry then!!!!

33Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There is currently a review of the case.....

The fact that he constantly says he was innocent does say something - yes he was convicted but how many other men have been wrongly convicted of a sexual crime because a woman has decided she didn't like it.  I have a friend who was convicted or a sexual crime but eventually got it overturned and he never showed any remorse because he knew he was innocent - many thought he was a wrong'un because he never showed any remorse.

34Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:There is currently a review of the case.....

The fact that he constantly says he was innocent does say something - yes he was convicted but how many other men have been wrongly convicted of a sexual crime because a woman has decided she didn't like it.  I have a friend who was convicted or a sexual crime but eventually got it overturned and he never showed any remorse because he knew he was innocent - many thought he was a wrong'un because he never showed any remorse.

Is the "friend" you?

35Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:26

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

scottjames30 wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Fair play to Oldham for having the balls to stop following sheep and give the lad a chance, he has done his time and i wish him all the best.
So if your child came to you and said he wants the name of a convicted rapist on the back of his shirt, you wouldn't mind?
So, are you saying that Mike Tyson shouldn't have gone back into boxing?

Or Joey Barton didn't learn his lesson after he went to jail?

I'd probably ask myself 'What would Jesus Christ do'.
Asking yourself what an imaginary, made up figure would do is pointless. 
I would say that the Tyson situation isn't much different, so no, I don't think he should have boxed again. Maybe he could have been a coach. That way, he could pass on his skill and knowledge of the sport and also show the youngsters what they can lose by doing something so bad. Evans could also take that route. At least it would mean the victims, who are probably scarred for life by what's happened to them, wouldn't have to constantly see them on TV or in the newspapers. These two used their careers and what they do for a living to take advantage of others and if that's how they are going to use their fame then it should be taken away from them imo. Joey Barton was done for assault, albeit a pretty bad one, I don't think I would be quite as scarred from a beating than being raped. Headbutting and punching are not uncommon on a football pitch so probably wouldn't have as much impact in terms of being a role model. I have never seen a player get sent off for rape though. He also showed remorse, something the other two didn't. I'm being quite generous towards Barton there as I think he is a horrible cunt as well.

36Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Is the "friend" you?

Is it fuck me!

But I do actually know someone who went through it and it isn't nice to see!

37Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:49

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Maybe Ched is going through the same thing.

38Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Fair play to Oldham for having the balls to stop following sheep and give the lad a chance, he has done his time and i wish him all the best.
So if your child came to you and said he wants the name of a convicted rapist on the back of his shirt, you wouldn't mind?

I'd probably ask myself 'What would Jesus Christ do'.
Asking yourself what an imaginary, made up figure would do is pointless. 
I said Jesus Christ, not Natasha Whittam.

He actually isn't made up, he died on a cross.

We'll agree to disagree then 1958.

39Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 19:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm wondering what happens with his appeal, if he is still found guilty is he going to apologise? If he's cleared there is going to be a lot of egg on a lot of faces.

One thing he should do though is condemn the people harassing the woman involved in all this.

40Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 20:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do have doubts about this whole thing to be honest.

Evans is from the world of PR bullshit, if he'd come out on the steps of his house and apologised for his behaviour and wiped away a few tears he'd be on the front cover of 4-4-2 within a few weeks. People would quickly forget.

But his insistence that he is innocent took me to his website - chedevans.com - where all the evidence used during the court case is viewable, including the footage from the hotel. I didn't realise his co-accused Clayton McDonald was charged with exactly the same crime but was found innocent - despite having sex with the woman in question, just like Evans.

Read it, and you sort of see the argument for he didn't do it.

Having said all that, his bint of a girlfriend deserves everything she gets - not only standing by a man who openly admits to cheating on her, but trying to make out he's some sort of saint.

41Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 21:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I have my doubts whether Evans is guilty of anything more than being an idiot to be honest.

Evans is a despicable animal that's why the press always refer to him as the rapist Ched Evans. The reason why he is loathed is because he has never apologised or shown contrition. If he held his hand up and publicly repented for raping a paralytic 19 year old girl he might be able to get another job in football. Until then he will cast a dark shadow over every football team he turns up at.

Oldham Athletic will regret signing him, of that I am certain.

42Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact that he constantly says he was innocent does say something - yes he was convicted but how many other men have been wrongly convicted of a sexual crime because a woman has decided she didn't like it. 

It wasn't that she didn't like it. She was pissed out of her brains and fast asleep when he took advantage of her state. She didn't realise he had raped her until the next morning.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu 8 Jan - 10:09; edited 1 time in total

43Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed 7 Jan - 22:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"the fact he says he was innocent does say something"

yeah not many criminals take that line good point Amos.

44Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 8:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Evans is a despicable animal that's why the press always refer to him as the rapist Ched Evans. The reason why he is loathed is because he has never apologised or shown contrition. If he held his hand up and publicly repented for raping a paralytic 19 year old girl he might be able to get another job in football. Until then he will cast a dark shadow over every football team he turns up at.

So if the review finds him innocent or that the trial was botched will you change your tune?

If you were guilty of nothing more than cheating on your missus would you hold your hands up and apologise for rape just because a jury found you guilty?

He might be guilty, he might not - but I am amazed he got sent down from the evidence that was available.

45Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 8:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can I remind folk on here that Jeffrey Archer sits in the Lords saying yes or no to laws made in this country!
He was a man of morals wasn't he?

46Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 8:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he starts banging them in for Oldham, it won't be long before other clubs start wanting him.

47Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 9:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:If he starts banging them in for Oldham, it won't be long before other clubs start wanting him.
Correct.

48Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 10:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Evans is a despicable animal that's why the press always refer to him as the rapist Ched Evans. The reason why he is loathed is because he has never apologised or shown contrition. If he held his hand up and publicly repented for raping a paralytic 19 year old girl he might be able to get another job in football. Until then he will cast a dark shadow over every football team he turns up at.

So if the review finds him innocent or that the trial was botched will you change your tune?

If you were guilty of nothing more than cheating on your missus would you hold your hands up and apologise for rape just because a jury found you guilty?

He might be guilty, he might not - but I am amazed he got sent down from the evidence that was available.

I will be utterly amazed if he wins his appeal. The video footage of the girl in the kebab shop falling over, coupled with the testimony of the night porter is pretty compelling. Add to that the text messages between McDonald and Evans prior to the offence and the video footage of Evans on the job, filmed by the third footballer, boils down to a pretty strong case for the prosecution.

49Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 11:02

scottjames30 wrote:If he starts banging them in for Oldham, it won't be long before other clubs start wanting him.

Jeffrey Archer???

50Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu 8 Jan - 11:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I reckon the only reason he hasn't shown remorse or admitted guilt is because he was hoping all along to resume his career and he feared actually coming out saying it would effectively ruin that chance. He's hoping if he can stick to his story long enough people will believe it and lay off him.

Another thing that bugs me is the sentences handed down. What's the point giving a five year sentence if he only has to serve half? That goes for everyone sentenced, not just Evans. 
Either make them serve a full sentence or just send them down for half the time. It's just a way of the courts looking like they're giving bigger sentences than they actually are so there's no uproar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum