Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 WBA

+16
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
jayjay23
Keegan
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
xmiles
Spillthebeans
Reebok Trotter
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:But to suggest those who do are fools is taking things too far.

I am trying to help these fools. I wish someone had tried to help me 5 years ago, perhaps I'd now be married with two kids instead of spending the nights Bolton aren't playing curled up with my dog.

122Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 13:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's amazing how many people I've never met seem to know what I am really thinking, rather than what I post on here.

I've supported Bolton Wanderers since I was a kid. I went 6 years without missing a game, home or away, so no one can say I haven't put my fair share of effort in.

But I don't enjoy it anymore, surely I'd be a fool to continue to do something I don't enjoy?

I'm the same Nat. I am one of Bolton's biggest and most loyal fans and yet over recent years it has become boring and tiresome supporting Bolton. I just don't get excited any more. I am bored with the football we play. I am bored with our players - not one player would I say 'I really like watching so and so play'. I am bored with us losing like 20 times a season. I am bored that there is no objective or challenge for Bolton any more. Maybe relegation will help make things become more exciting again? The Premiership for clubs like Bolton is just pointless. We'll never win anything or have anything to aim for.

I am so bored by Bolton nowadays. I don't see relegation as a bad thing any more. After 11 years in this division it has become tiresome.

123Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I'd grown used to you attacking the team, the manager, the backroom staff, the chairman, the scouts - anything to do with the club. I find your attack on BWFC fans for going to support the team disgusting.

I was lucky enough to support BWFC through the good times under Rioch, Todd and Allardyce. They never had pots of cash but they could spot a good player, and one that would put a shift in when required.

We now have a bellend in charge who buys utter crap, and utter crap without any fight. I hate everyone within the club who had a hand in bringing Coyle to BWFC.

Coyle has ruined this club, and in 10 years when we're playing Barnet and Fleetwood I hope people don't forget what he has done.

124Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 13:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
I'm the same Nat. I am one of Bolton's biggest and most loyal fans and yet over recent years it has become boring and tiresome supporting Bolton. I just don't get excited any more. I am bored with the football we play. I am bored with our players - not one player would I say 'I really like watching so and so play'. I am bored with us losing like 20 times a season. I am bored that there is no objective or challenge for Bolton any more. Maybe relegation will help make things become more exciting again? The Premiership for clubs like Bolton is just pointless. We'll never win anything or have anything to aim for.

I am so bored by Bolton nowadays. I don't see relegation as a bad thing any more. After 11 years in this division it has become tiresome.

I agree with you 100%, following Bolton has become boring. But you may have hit the nail on the head in that post, there is a complete lack of character in our team these days. There is no flair, no hard man and no moaning bastard who gets booked every week. Where are the McGinlays? The Dioufs? The Campos? The Pollocks? The Toftings?

125Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, playing away at Barnet or Fleetwood on a tuesday night sounds quite exciting to me. I used to love it when we were away at Exeter or Brentford and win 2-1. It beats losing midweek to someone like Everton.

When you're playing in the lower leagues players seem to try harder. You don't seem to have big time charlies like you do in the Premiership who either make no effort or who throw a paddy if they are subbed or don't like the city they are living in like Tevez.

126Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:17

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I cant believe that any fan truly wants to be in a lower league, people never say that when their sitting comfortably in 14th..

127Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:I cant believe that any fan truly wants to be in a lower league, people never say that when their sitting comfortably in 14th..

If you have fond memories of the lower leagues, why not?

128Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:20

i have only been a fan for less than 18 months but there's no way I want to see championship football.

129Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:28

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I want us to go down. For me relegation is like promotion. I want us to get rid of the big time charlies who are so grossly overpaid and do so little. This summer Zat Knight (£5m wasted), Petrov, Klasnic, Jussi, Kevin Davies, Paul Robinson, Sean Davis, Gardner (legend) and Robbie Blake are all out of contract. Thank god! Look at those players, none of them do anything and are probably all earning an average of around £35,000 per week (£35k per week * 9 of them = approx £300k a week = £15m a year! £15m a year for that shower? Jesus. Let the likes of Tuncay, Boyata and Ryo go too - we are paying their wages and they do nothing. Time for a mass clear out.

130Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:29

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:I cant believe that any fan truly wants to be in a lower league, people never say that when their sitting comfortably in 14th..

If you have fond memories of the lower leagues, why not?

I know that lower leagues are fun and exciting, but my point is that no one ever seems to want to be in them until faced with relegation, and then there's a sudden flood of fond memories and people want us to return,

I don't, I want to beat Stoke.

There are plenty of good premier league memories and I want a last day win at Stoke to be one of them.

I just can't see why a Bolton fan would want us to be relegated, isn't the fact that we might be relegated the reason you get so angry on here after all?

131Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:31

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:I want us to go down. For me relegation is like promotion. I want us to get rid of the big time charlies who are so grossly overpaid and do so little. This summer Zat Knight (£5m wasted), Petrov, Klasnic, Jussi, Kevin Davies, Paul Robinson, Sean Davis, Gardner (legend) and Robbie Blake are all out of contract. Thank god! Look at those players, none of them do anything and are probably all earning an average of around £35,000 per week (£35k per week * 9 of them = approx £300k a week = £15m a year! £15m a year for that shower? Jesus. Let the likes of Tuncay, Boyata and Ryo go too - we are paying their wages and they do nothing. Time for a mass clear out.

no chance they are all on that much, but yeh some of them need to go. We can do that without relegation though

132Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be gutted to see us relegated but if there is a tiny, chink of light, it will be the departure of our so called "stars"

If relegation does hit, and honestly I'm 60/40 it won't, i'd like to see the likes of Vela and Blakeman given their chance.

but lets face it, what will happen when we go down is Zat and the rest of the guff will accept new deals and we'll be playing the big ball up to Davo.

133Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:35

Does anyone know when Mr Coyle's contract runs out?

134Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes at the end of this season I'm led to believe.

135Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 14:44

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Next season I want us to keep Bogdan, Wheater, Ricketts, Alonso, Ream, NRC, Steinsson, Mark Davies, Muamba, Sordell, Vela, Holden and Chung Yung Lee. The rest can go. We'll have a pretty young team in that lot. If we do sign anyone (if we have any money) I'd like us to sign lower league players with potential and who want to play. No more big time charlies.

Coyle and his backroom staff can go as well. I'd like us to bring in a Grant Mitchell type manager who will take no shit. I want a manager who will dish out bollockings even on the sidelines if need be.

136Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 15:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be happy to sell Mark Davies if Coyle is insistent on playing him as a CM.

Total waste of his very specific talent.

As a second striker, he'd be 10x more effective.

137Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 17:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

People assume there will be a clearout if we go down but the biggest problem is Coyle. If we keep him he will probably retain half the people that should go (he's already hinted that he wants to keep SKD). We will not get promoted next season with Coyle in charge.

138Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 17:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Such is the damage he's done, I doubt we will get promoted whoever is in charge.

139Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 17:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Probably the best thing we could do if we go down is to get rid of the deadwood (including SKD and perhaps, OC?), blood new players either from the academy or brought in with the money we will save from not having to pay huge sums to overpaid ponces who won't (or can't) play the game that has treated them so well, build chemistry and team spirit and get some experience, then make an assault on the Championship and return in two years time - a leaner, meaner team.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

140Bolton 2-2 WBA - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 WBA Mon May 07 2012, 17:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Keegan, I see a couple of things wrong with your plan. If we try to blood too many youngsters straight away, we will get hammered. Even though we are going down a division, we still aren't up to their level of football, and to try to build over a couple of years, we would probably have to sell a couple of promising players to cover the shortfall in tv rights money. When (if?)a we go down we are in for a bumpy ride.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum