Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+12
largehat
terenceanne
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Angry Dad
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 15:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:Are you talking about fans on here Doffcocker?

If so, why not name names?

I genuinely don't remember reading anyone saying that the begrudge Tuncay a run in the team.

I think you're making that up.

Not necessarily on here.

You're not telling me you've not read posts where people have made up their mind about Tuncay and are happy to see him rot in the reserves while the likes of Davies and Klasnic get chance after chance.

Most threads about Tuncay have at least one post to the tune of "Tuncay has done nothing! Pulis had him sussed and now Coyle has too." etc.

32Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 17:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've read a few posts from people moaning about Tuncay, I've read posts moaning about every player at the club and every member of the back room staff, the chairman, the physios and even the fans.

The majority of the posts I've read about Tuncay have bemoaned his lack of opportunities to play as a second striker, his natural position.

A few people have pointed out that Tuncay was fantastic at Middlebrough and hasn't done well anywhere since, which is a matter of opinion of course.

But the idea that people who are defending Davies are the same people criticising Tuncay is fanciful in my opinion.

33Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 19:39

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I honestly believe that if Tuncay had anything worthwhile to contribute then Coyle would have played him. Just look at how much he tries to get us playing football, if he thought that Tuncay would facilitate us doing this more then he'd be a shoe-in. There's issues there that none of us are aware of I'm sure, whether it be fitness related or attitude but Coyle's not fancied him and you have to abide by his decisions.
The non playing of Sordell is the one that I find bizarre TBH, totally at a loss as to why this might be bar a few rumours concerning his attitude in training.

34Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 19:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:
The non playing of Sordell is the one that I find bizarre TBH, totally at a loss as to why this might be bar a few rumours concerning his attitude in training.

It's got to the point where I don't care what he's like in training....he's young with a bit of pace, he should start on Sunday.

35Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 19:50

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tuncay can't fill in for Pratts in the middle? sitting behind Ngog.... he is an experienced international player who seemed lively on the bits I've seen. Bring on Vela who has never kicked a ball in the Prem? Then the Sordel thing is beyond me and most posters it seems like.
All I want is our best players out there ....then let the chips fall whereever. If Ginger did this (and he did) we were screaming for his head. It's only because OC seems like a nice guy that all of us are not on his back.

36Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 19:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:

It's got to the point where I don't care what he's like in training....he's young with a bit of pace, he should start on Sunday.

add to the fact those "rumours" are total nonsense. Bar a couple of spurious tweets from 17 year olds who know people "within the club" there's been nothing to suggest he's done anything wrong.

37Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:04

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

So what's the answer? Was he bought with an eye on tearing up the Championship? SKD finally goes into retirement and starts his home for orphans, Klasnic retires to become the Croation NHS transplant Tsar. Thus leaving N'Gog and Sordell to form the greatest championship strike partnership since Blake and McGinley. Hell of a masterplan. That Coyle's a genius!

38Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

TheHateCamel wrote: I honestly believe that if Tuncay had anything worthwhile to contribute then Coyle would have played him. Just look at how much he tries to get us playing football, if he thought that Tuncay would facilitate us doing this more then he'd be a shoe-in. There's issues there that none of us are aware of I'm sure, whether it be fitness related or attitude but Coyle's not fancied him and you have to abide by his decisions.

What's more comprehensible about Tuncay's virtual omission than Sordell's?

At the end of the day, the way that Coyle 'tries to get us playing football' isn't good enough. Fact! So if that was to be his excuse for leaving out Tuncay/Sordell, it wouldn't be good enough for me!

39Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The lack of chances for Tuncay really is baffling.

especially when you consider he offers something totally different to ALL our other strikers.

40Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

With Coyle, I think its not so much who he is leaving out, more who he wants to keep in. We've seen time after time that he is reluctant to let the old guard stand down. Tuncay is lively, he is experienced, and I see no reason why he can't play, especially against his old club.

41Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote: I honestly believe that if Tuncay had anything worthwhile to contribute then Coyle would have played him. Just look at how much he tries to get us playing football, if he thought that Tuncay would facilitate us doing this more then he'd be a shoe-in. There's issues there that none of us are aware of I'm sure, whether it be fitness related or attitude but Coyle's not fancied him and you have to abide by his decisions.

Good to see you back Dromedary dude. Have you managed to quit that filthy habit ?

42Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:52

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Good to see you back Dromedary dude. Have you managed to quit that filthy habit ?

Nah, still got the hump. With everything. Let's just hope there's a dream end to the season, when it's come down to the last game before we've rarely had the better of it.

43Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 20:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to the rumours Sordell has not been performing well in training. Stan Bowles was hopeless at training but he became a legend at QPR.

As for Tuncay, he has never been given a proper run in his best position so I have a lot of sympathy for him. He scored against Macclesfield in the League Cup at our place and then seemed to disappear off the radar completely.

What about the lad, Tom Eaves we bought from Oldham ? He scored a hat trick against us pre-season and we shelled out 500k for him. Is he another one who doesn't train well ?

I know we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but if we don't give these players a chance to shine what is the point of buying them ?

44Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Tue May 08 2012, 21:10

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Eaves is definitely one for the future. I thought Sordell was worth a run out though. Eaves has been good for the reserves apparently though and he's on a nice long contract. We'll be looking at him coming through next season I reckon.

45Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed May 09 2012, 19:37

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Seems like we have a good team .....sadly all in the future apparently. Saving all the debuts for that away game at Barnsley. Well it's a plan at least.
Of course this last game will be touted as we have to play all the experienced players. Can't argue about that unless we are down 2-0 with 15 minutes to go.
Last game of last year I was arguing about why Elmo was playing when he had the engine running out back. Can't remember but I think Eaves was on the bench that game......never saw 10 minutes of football. But I admit to knowing nowt.

46Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed May 09 2012, 20:07

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Am not familar with this Tom Eaves geezer. His name is not on list of back of BWFC soccer programme ?

47Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed May 09 2012, 21:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mrs. Eaves little boy, striker doing well in the reserves. Smile

48Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed May 09 2012, 23:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm expecting a few academy players to ripen for next season - O'Halloran, Vela, Riley, Eaves to mention a few.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

49Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Thu May 10 2012, 10:51

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Keegan wrote:I'm expecting a few academy players to ripen for next season - O'Halloran, Vela, Riley, Eaves to mention a few.

Are you going to bum them? (It just sounded a bit that way)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum