Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our set pieces are not dangerous!

+8
Reebok_Rebel
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Lofty_Love
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 14:37

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree on Wigan.....very entertaining side. I felt they were always a better team than their league position. Their forwards seem to be wide open in space, skill, beat men....etc. ...... ours play with the back to goal waiting for the punt upfield.
Same with Swansea .......it's not budget or money.....ability to spot and play talent.

22Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 17:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As far as standard of football goes i would only put Blackburn below us in terms of lack of style and flair.

our play is extremely limited, mostly long ball, has a distinct lack of movement and quality in all areas and lacks any players with the ability to pick a pass.

I would actually say our best passer is Tim Ream and probably second is Josh Vela.

23Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 17:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Have you seen a lot of Josh vela this season Hipster, just with you saying you think he is one of our best passers.

Both Ream and Wheater aint bad passers of the ball for centre backs from what I've seen of them.

24Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 17:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope I haven't seen alot maybe 4 or 5 reserve games and his first team stuff, and I'm still confident he's a better passer than NRC, Mark Davies, Pratley, Muamba, etc.

Holden is obviously our best all round talent, Vela and Holden together would look nice.

I like Blakeman too from the reserves.

Whats best about them is they pass and then move, no one, NO ONE, in the first team does that.

25Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 17:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Surely it comes down to coaching then? If the reserves play like that then the reserve team coaches must teach them do play that way.

Coyle and his band of merry men musn't do that style of coaching.

26Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 17:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Or, now get this for a possibility, Hipster might be talking out of his posterior when he says Josh Vela is the new Xavi.

27Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 18:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The new Xavi? He's saying he could be a better player of the ball than NRC and Pratley not paul scholes.

28Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 18:03

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OK, excuse my hyperbole, but he's seen the kid in a few non-competitive games and in a couple of late sub appearances.

29Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Or, now get this for a possibility, Hipster might be talking out of his posterior when he says Josh Vela is the new Xavi.

I can't believe you've turned on your lapdog. Good lapdogs are hard to find.

30Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 18:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't be daft, i didn't say anything of the sort, or anything even approaching such nonsense.

What i'm saying is the way he plays the game is more pleasing to me than that of our current first team.

I.E he passes the ball, he'll then move into space or look for the ball back. Nothing more nothing less. He might turn out to be worse than Mikel Alonso.

31Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 18:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Don't be daft, i didn't say anything of the sort, or anything even approaching such nonsense.

What i'm saying is the way he plays the game is more pleasing to me than that of our current first team.

I.E he passes the ball, he'll then move into space or look for the ball back. Nothing more nothing less. He might turn out to be worse than Mikel Alonso.

Lets see how he does over a sustained period of regular first team action. It's easy to look comfortable on the ball during a late cameo or in a kick about (which is what reserve games are). I'm sure if Nigel Reo-Coker just played for the reserves he'd look like Maradona.

You're not comparing apples with apples.

32Our set pieces are not dangerous! - Page 2 Empty Re: Our set pieces are not dangerous! Thu May 10 2012, 18:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, i'll downgrade that to he appears to have better footballing instincts in the small amount of games i've seen him in.

I prefer to see someone who is keen to get the ball back, than someone who passes it sideways and then hides.

It was easy to see in just a few appearances than Holden and Ream are of the same ilk, they're comfortable in possession.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum