Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Favourite Bolton Comeback?

+9
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
scottjames30
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 14:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, almost everyone is going to say the Wembley comeback against Reading when we were 2-0 down and ended up winning 4-3 to gain promotion to the Premier League.

No doubt that was an amazing day, and an amazing experience for those of us lucky enough to have been there. But what about other BWFC comebacks?

My personal favourite will always be the play-off first leg against West Brom in 2001. The Hawthorns is an intimidating place to go at the best of times, but for that game it was particularly noisy. We were 2-0 down and going nowhere but a Per Fransen penalty after Bo Hansen had been chopped down and a Gudni Bergsson header put us level at 2-2.

The home leg was a formality which we won 3-0 with goals from Bergsson, Ricardo Gardner and Michael Ricketts.

2Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously it was the first round FA Cup match of October 1881 when we came back from 1 - 5 down  to snatch a 5 - 5 draw away at Eagley.

Probably just tops the '85/'86 season when we beat Eagley in the first round, drew away at Rawtenstall in the second, but Rawtenstall were disqualified, lost to Preston in the 3rd but Preston were disqualified, got a 4th round bye and then beat Old Westminster in the 5th only to get disqualified ourselves. Sadly, we couldn't come back from disqualification.

3Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Obviously it was the first round FA Cup match of October 1881 when we came back from 1 - 5 down  to snatch a 5 - 5 draw away at Eagley.

Probably just tops the '85/'86 season when we beat Eagley in the first round, drew away at Rawtenstall in the second, but Rawtenstall were disqualified, lost to Preston in the 3rd but Preston were disqualified, got a 4th round bye and then beat Old Westminster in the 5th only to get disqualified ourselves. Sadly, we couldn't come back from disqualification.
Cracking game.
Me and Banksy really enjoyed it.

4Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Obviously it was the first round FA Cup match of October 1881 when we came back from 1 - 5 down  to snatch a 5 - 5 draw away at Eagley.

I like it, humour to disguise the fact you've seen more Norwich comebacks.

5Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My best away game that i can remember, we scored within a few seconds, only to fuck it up losing 3_1 scored just before half time 3_2.

Then two goals in the second half. Blackburn 3_4 Bolton. Bolton fans very very happy.

6Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I never anticipated anything from this season being worth remembering but the Blackburn match on Boxing day was absolutely awesome. The crowd, the atmosphere, Eidur Gudjonsen setting up Emile Heskey, the Blackburn fans looking mightily pissed off three minutes after looking comfortable.

It's probably not enough to emulate the 4-3 at Ewood in 03/04 though.

The 2-2 against Leicester in 2001 with 9 men was pretty special too.

7Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't remember what year it was but one of my favourites was coming back from 2-0 down against Arsenal at home, Keown scored an own goal. 

loved sticking it to them.

8Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I suspect the only comeback you've experienced is when you exhaled instead of inhaling.

9Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:35

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

scottjames30 wrote:My best away game that i can remember, we scored within a few seconds, only to fuck it up losing 3_1 scored just before half time 3_2.

Then two goals in the second half. Blackburn 3_4 Bolton. Bolton fans very very happy.
This is the one I had in mind as well. I think nolan got us in front early doors and then we fell apart. Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke started taking the piss out of us for a while and they banged 3 goals in no time. Djorkaeff scored a classy lob just before half time. Stelios and Nolan completed the comeback second half. It was absolute pandemonium in the away end when that fourth goal went in. One of those days that made you proud to be a wanderer.

10Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
This is the one I had in mind as well. I think nolan got us in front early doors and then we fell apart. Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke started taking the piss out of us for a while and they banged 3 goals in no time. Djorkaeff scored a classy lob just before half time. Stelios and Nolan completed the comeback second half. It was absolute pandemonium in the away end when that fourth goal went in. One of those days that made you proud to be a wanderer.
I remember all the Bolton fans wouldn't get on their coaches going back, standing outside singing 'Oh when the Whites go marching in'.

11Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:45

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Another that sticks in my mind is Derby at the reebok in the days when they had stefano eranio and that other good little player they had. His name escapes me now, Italian fella I think. 3-1 down to come back to 3-3. Monday night football on sky. Jamie pollock got the equaliser after a good run and back heel by per Frandsen.

12Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 15:52

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Bolton v Forest at burnden. 2-0 down, back to 2-2, 3-2 down and won 4-3. This was televised also I think.

13Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Bolton v Forest at burnden. 2-0 down, back to 2-2, 3-2 down and won 4-3. This was televised also I think.

Remember that one, Julian Darby played centre half and got savaged by Stan Collymore.

14Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i remember that one as well Nat, poor old Julian didn't have a clue!

15Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 16:58

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I suspect the only comeback you've experienced is when you exhaled instead of inhaling.
Or coughing after giving a blow job (too much?)

16Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 17:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading.

17Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Or coughing after giving a blow job (too much?)

At least you got it Y2J

18Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 17:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disgusting that someone would turn a thread about our greatest achievements into a blow job thread. Especially as that is normally Breadman's job.

19Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 19:54

Natasha Whittam wrote:Disgusting that someone would turn a thread about our greatest achievements into a blow job thread. Especially as that is normally Breadman's job.

Put a cock in it.......and no that isnt a typo Wink

20Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Empty Re: Your Favourite Bolton Comeback? Wed Jan 21 2015, 22:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton v Birmingham when Jussi got sent off for slapping one of their players and we came back from 0-2 with 10 men.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum