Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game!

+2
doffcocker
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 00:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I mean Chris Foy really but it reminded me of this story earlier in the season -

British cyclist Sir Chris Hoy has been accidentally targeted on Twitter by Tottenham fans angry with referee Chris Foy following Sunday's defeat at Stoke.

Foy made several contentious decisions and a number of Spurs fans have mistakenly written to Olympic champion Hoy expressing their displeasure.

"Getting some rather amusing grief from Spurs fans!" Hoy said on Twitter.

"Just for the record 1) I don't need glasses and 2) I do not lead a double life as a ref. That's Chris Foy."

The 35-year-old Scot, who has won four Olympic gold medals, started the hashtag "#FoyNotHoy" and it has since become a trending topic in the UK.

"On the plus side I've learned some new 4 letter words today," wrote Hoy on the social networking website.

"Try typing in 'chris hoy' into the search and scroll down a bit to see the post match reactions! Hilarious!"

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp criticised Foy after his side's 2-1 loss at the Britannia Stadium.

Spurs felt the 49-year-old Lancashire official missed two handballs, wrongly disallowed an goal and harshly awarded Younes Kaboul a second yellow card.

"Unfortunately a couple of decisions he [Foy] got completely and utterly wrong," said Redknapp. "I thought he had a poor day.

"I never [usually] go and talk to referees after a game, I accept defeat. I never complain about referees' decisions - I have not done it in 30 years of management, never.

"But today, I'm afraid, he got some badly wrong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stoke City v Bolton Wanderers

Referee: C Foy
Assistants: D Cann, J Collin
Fourth Official: J Moss
Match Delegate: C Whitehead
PGMO: P Jones

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 00:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't rate or like any of the referees.

I remember a day when Howard Webb was the single lowest ranked in the league. He's now the highest. I think that's an indication of how low the standard has dropped.

Still, imagine if it was Clattenburg! Very Happy

3Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 09:34

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lee Mason and Mark Halsey are not bad - just a shame they are not allowed to officiate Bolton games!

4Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 10:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Im more afraid of who is going to be reffing the citeh game if im honest.

I hope its not Howard 'United' Webb... or i can see QPR getting a really easy ride and scraping a point... thus sending us down...

5Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 10:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

phew... he's not.

QPR v Manchester City.
Referee: M Dean
Assistants: S Burt, A Garratt
Fourth Official: N Swarbrick
Match Delegate: S Barker
PGMO: J Worrall

Mr united has got the... united game! WTF... get to the bookies and stick a bet on united getting more than 9 penalties Shocked

6Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 10:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

United should win comfortably but I don't think it will matter in the grand scheme of things. I just can't see City losing to QPR.

7Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 10:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:United should win comfortably but I don't think it will matter in the grand scheme of things. I just can't see City losing to QPR.

that's it now...

Knowing our luck...this is how it will pan out...

The QPR v citeh game is delayed by 3 mins due to mancini misplacing his scarf.
Stoke take the lead against Bolton. 1-0
Citeh score against QPR who are playing in a 0-0-10 formation. 1-0
Bolton score 2 really late 2nd half goals to seal the much needed win.
Bolton fans are in raptures...until QPR manage to get a 93rd Min goal after a clearance is miss-headed by lescot and goes right past Harts face.
I start to cry...
meanwhile at the stadium of light its currently 8-0 to united, Rooney steps up to take his 9th penalty of the day and sticks it in...giving united the title...

8Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 11:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

that's it now...

Bolton fans are in raptures...until QPR manage to get a 93rd Min goal after a clearance is miss-headed by lescot and goes right past Harts face.
I start to cry...
meanwhile at the stadium of light its currently 8-0 to united, Rooney steps up to take his 9th penalty of the day and sticks it in...giving united the title...

If only Carlsberg did football predictions...

9Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 12:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Mike Dean loves to give a penalty, I will predict he will give City a penalty and they will go on to win 4-0.

10Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Empty Re: Chris Hoy to ref the Stoke game! Thu May 10 2012, 17:21

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:United should win comfortably but I don't think it will matter in the grand scheme of things. I just can't see City losing to QPR.

that's it now...

I start to cry...

Brilliant RR!

I was so happy to find out that Clattenburg wasn't refereeing us that I failed to notice our stats are even worse with Foy!

Webb would've been ok as he ref'd the FA Cup semi beating by Stoke and our 5-0 return - thought he was good in both

Glad we've not got Dean. He loves the attention of giving penalties, so you could bet he would love to award a last min penalty.

Foy. Well we can't do anything about it, but he doesn't like giving us penalties, so we're going to have to do it on our own!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum