Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Wolves

+11
terenceanne
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Jkbjackson
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 1:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After our second defeat in 13 games and whether our players are tired or not, or the fact that our injury list just keeps on growing and growing, I feel this game will be a real tough one as Wolves are currently in 7th position with 44 points and are quite hungry for that play off place.

Here are some stats for you all to help make up your minds on Saturday's result!

Last 5 Wolves results (All competitions):

Wolves 0-0 Charlton
Wolves 2-0 Blackpool
Wolves 3-3 Fulham (FA Cup: Fulham won on penalties)
Blackburn 0-1 Wolves
Fulham 0-0 Wolves

Last 5 meetings between both clubs:

Wolves 1-0 Bolton
Bolton 2-0 Wolves
Wolves 2-2 Bolton
Wolves 2-3 Bolton
Bolton 1-1 Wolves

Due to the injury crisis that we currently have and from what looks like player tiredness due to the fact the Bolton squad don't seem to be able to play 2 games with just 3 days rest in between, I feel that we will be a Bolton loss.

My prediction:

Bolton 0-2 Wolves

How do you all feel we will do?

Last edited by karlypants on Sat 31 Jan - 22:43; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 8:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Home game and Lennon will be looking for a response to Tuesday, even though the squad is thin and the back up talent questionable. This is where Neil needs to earn his corn. It will be tough but I think it will be a draw 1 - 1 (although I'm not sure yet who will be able to score our one)

3Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 9:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will smash these, any team with afobe as their main striker is laughable.

4Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 9:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We will smash these, any team with afobe as their main striker is laughable.

At least they have a striker and anyway their main man is Dicko. They also have Sigudarson, Keita, Reid and Leon Clarke so they are slightly spoiled for choice. This in the week that Tom Youngs was fired and Tom Eaves started for us. Fondue set better get straight in the saddle.

5Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 9:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It will be difficult but as lusty said, lennon will be looking for a response and I think he'll get one. Wolves have done well but they're not world beaters and have shown themselves to be vulnerable on occasions this season. I'm hoping Le Fondre will play and having a striker to put the ball in the net will give us an edge. 

Bolton 2 Wolves 1, back on track.

COYWM!!

6Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 9:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When did tom eaves start ?

7Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 10:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

How about a prediction from some of the people hiding in the shadows.

What do you think EpicBodom? Give us a prediction. I would genuinely like to know your thoughts.

8Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 10:21

Jkbjackson

David Ngog
David Ngog

1-0  ALF to get the goal if playing!
Will be a close game,which hopefully we will come out on top!

9Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 10:27

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 10:31

Jkbjackson

David Ngog
David Ngog

Bwfc1958 wrote: Laughing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf the alien would be better than Eidur.

If Le Fondre doesn't play then I won't watch BWFC again under Lennon. I don't want to hear any of this "needs time to get match fit" bullshit Freedman always used to spout, he must play from the start.

12Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 11:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Alf the alien would be better than Eidur.

If Le Fondre doesn't play then I won't watch BWFC again under Lennon. I don't want to hear any of this "needs time to get match fit" bullshit Freedman always used to spout, he must play from the start.

He'll play if he gets intl clearance. You can't blame lennon for that

13Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

He'll play if he gets intl clearance. You can't blame lennon for that

International clearance? He's fooking English!

English players won't need international clearance when UKIP are in charge.

14Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 11:55

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Very happy about Le Fondre signing 3-0

15Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 11:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Ilderton takes the whistle

Eddie Ilderton will officiate Bolton Wanderers’ clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The Tyne & Wear-based official has taken charge of five Whites’ matches in the past including three at Macron Stadium with Bolton unbeaten in all three.

Mr Ilderton last reffed a Trotters match back in August 2014, overseeing their 2-2 home draw with Nottingham Forest when goals from Joe Mason and David Wheater were cancelled out by a Britt Assombalonga brace.

In the 18 matches he has overseen so far this season, he has handed out 61 yellow cards and just one red card.

Gareth Mellor and Kevin Mulraine will run the line, while Danny Gratton is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 18:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very tricky game this, could go either way.

17Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 18:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be a draw.

18Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 19:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

19Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Fri 30 Jan - 20:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Wolves

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers host Wolverhampton Wanderers this weekend, looking to bounce back from their midweek defeat away to Rotherham in front of their home fans.

The loss halted an impressive run for the Whites, but they will be hoping to retain their strong form shown under manager Neil Lennon, eager to continue their unbeaten record at Macron Stadium under the Northern Irishman.

Wolves, however, look strong as they seek to continue their run of eight unbeaten games in the league, while a victory for Kenny Jackett’s side would see them keep within touching distance of the play-off places.

TEAM NEWS

Adam Bogdan (ankle) will miss this weekend’s clash with Wolves after landing awkwardly in training, and set to be out of action for the next few weeks.

Zach Clough (hamstring) could make his first team return following injury, but Lee Chung-Yong (leg), Craig Davies and Emile Heskey (both hamstring) all remain sidelined.

New signing Rochinha is available to make his Whites debut after the club received his international clearance, however, they are still waiting on fellow addition Adam Le Fondre.

Marc Tierney (leg), Mark Davies and Max Clayton (both knee) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST WOLVES XI (v Charlton Athletic – D0-0) 

Ikeme, Iorfa (Doherty 75), Batth, Stearman, Hause (Golbourne 45), Price, McDonald, Henry (Dicko 45), Edwards, van La Parra, Afobe

ONES TO WATCH 

Defender Scott Golbourne made his return to first team football against Charlton in Wolves last outing, having missed the last eight weeks out with an injured foot.

The 26-year-old got 45 minutes under his belt when he came on as a substitute in the West Midlands- based club’s goalless draw with Charlton last Saturday in what was his first appearance since the end of November.

Starting his career at Bristol City, Golborune worked his way up through the club’s youth ranks before making his first team debut in 2006. Going on to play for Reading, Exeter, Barnsley, Golbourne then signed for Wolves in 2013 on a three year deal.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton 2-0 Wolves, 6 April 2013)

Bolton Wanderers made it seven home league wins on the spin with a convincing 2-0 win against Wolves the last time the two sides clashed at Macron Stadium.

The Whites hit the visitors early on with David Ngog and Marcos Alonso both scoring from close range inside the opening ten minutes.

Wolves keeper Dorus De Vries made a series of sharp saves to limit the damage, while Adam Bogdan also excelled for Bolton to deny Wolves a way back into the match as the Trotters stayed strong at the back to claim all three points.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Bolton 2-2 Wolves  Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Wolves Sat 31 Jan - 13:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Anyone know what time the the team sheets get released? I'm a bit eager today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum