Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Switched At Birth

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Switched At Birth Empty Switched At Birth Tue Feb 10 2015, 13:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is an interesting story. The families of two French girls who were accidentally switched at birth in 1994 have been awarded nearly €2m (£1.5m) in damages by a French Court.

Both babies had been treated in the same incubator for jaundice and were then given to the wrong parents.

Interestingly, the error came to light 10 years ago when the girls were almost 11 years of age, but neither parent was even slightly interested in having their biological daughter, preferring to keep the daughter they had brought up.

Both parents have said it wasn't a difficult decision, but I bet it was. What would you have done in their position? And if you were one of the children, would you have preferred to stay with your non-biological parents?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31350550

2Switched At Birth Empty Re: Switched At Birth Tue Feb 10 2015, 13:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is an interesting story. The families of two French girls who were accidentally switched at birth in 1994 have been awarded nearly €2m (£1.5m) in damages by a French Court.

Both babies had been treated in the same incubator for jaundice and were then given to the wrong parents.

Interestingly, the error came to light 10 years ago when the girls were almost 11 years of age, but neither parent was even slightly interested in having their biological daughter, preferring to keep the daughter they had brought up.

Both parents have said it wasn't a difficult decision, but I bet it was. What would you have done in their position? And if you were one of the children, would you have preferred to stay with your non-biological parents?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31350550

I'd have stayed with the people who had brought me up. Even if your  biological parents were loaded I'd still stay with the ones who's reared me.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum