Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wigan Farewell Thread.

+14
BoltonTillIDie
bryan458
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Keegan
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
scottjames30
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Wed Feb 25 2015, 20:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rather a phone than this, I'd have to change seats.
The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 148685274-spectators-in-the-grandstands-at-the-dubai-gettyimages

22The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Wed Feb 25 2015, 21:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Could have been worse, could have been watching Eastenders. 

Judging by people standing up and talking to each other is it not half time?

Let's be honest, this is Wigan, everyone goes home at half time because they are that shit! Very Happy

23The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Wed Feb 25 2015, 21:43

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I once was asked by neighbour  if I wanted to go and watch  Wigan v Arsenal game free of charge, lift there and back, free Dinner a few Pints all free.

I politely declined as I had to take The Mother Law Shopping.

What a Bastard, they only lost 4-1 Very Happy

24The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Wed Feb 25 2015, 22:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:I once was asked by neighbour  if I wanted to go and watch  Wigan v Arsenal game free of charge, lift there and back, free Dinner a few Pints all free.

I politely declined as I had to take The Mother Law Shopping.

What a Bastard, they only lost 4-1 Very Happy

Smile

25The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 12:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

26The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 13:05

So he steps down and puts his 23 year old grandson in charge, does he....?

Hmm...........

"Can I sign some players please, Grandad?"

"Ney lad, don't worry about stuff like that. I've told you before, Grandad handles that sort of stuff. Now eat your Sugar Puffs then you can go and play with your X-Box thingy. Good lad."

"Ok Grandad. I love you. Tell me about your leg again......"

"Well......it was the day of the Cup Final......."

27The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 13:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Manager%20puppet%20on%20a%20string

28The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 13:19

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:So he steps down and puts his 23 year old grandson in charge,

Rats and sinking ships???

29The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 13:29

Aside from the recent controversy Whelan's been an excellent chairman, I'd have loved him at Bolton and if I was a Wigan fan I'd be very worried about the future of the club.

Happy retirement Dave!

30The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 14:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

TBH I'd much prefer Gartside than Whelan and that's saying something!
And don't ask me to explain why please.

31The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 14:56

Soul Kitchen wrote:TBH I'd much prefer Gartside than Whelan and that's saying something!

How come?

32The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whelan has been a far better Chairman than Gartside, only a fool would say otherwise.

We're God knows how many million in debt, I'd be surprised if Wigan weren't one of the richest clubs outside the Prem considering all the players they've sold.

33The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 15:56

Natasha Whittam wrote:Whelan has been a far better Chairman than Gartside, only a fool would say otherwise.

Agreed but I'm sure Soul Kitchen has some very good reasons.

34The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 18:12

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Whelan has been a far better Chairman than Gartside, only a fool would say otherwise.

Yes you are right once again.
If only you knew now what you'll l know in 30 years time!

35The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 18:17

Soul Kitchen wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Cryptic

36The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 19:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:

A glowing endorsement for Mr Whelan from a tranny and a druggy.  I'll bet he's overwhelmed by that!!!!Smile

37The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 19:24

Soul Kitchen wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Soul Kitchen wrote:A glowing endorsement for Mr Whelan from a tranny and a druggy.  I'll bet he's overwhelmed by that!!!!The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Icon_smile

Are you going to keep replying until you hit on something funny? I'm looking forward to your third attempt but let's cap it at 10 we don't want to be here all night.

38The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Tue Mar 03 2015, 19:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope that Norwich give them a right good thrashing tomorrow.

39The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Wed Mar 04 2015, 22:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norwich 0-1 Wigan

A lot of people say this is the kind of thing that's brilliant about the Championship. Anybody can beat anybody and all that. Maybe I'm just being bitter about Wigan winning or the fact that we've always been predictably mediocre as a Championship side, but I find it unsettling to see teams thrashing the "top" clubs one week, and losing at home to relegation fodder the next. How exactly do you account for it without using clichés like "it's all about guts and determination and wanting it more on the night"?

40The Wigan Farewell Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wigan Farewell Thread. Wed Mar 04 2015, 22:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norwich at Carrow Road is no gimme. We played them at their place on a Friday night and they tonked us. I thought Norwich would comfortably beat them tbh. It just shows how little I know about football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum