Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Josh Vela Crap?

+13
FullofSprite
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
wessy
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Thu Oct 01 2015, 13:07

Laughing 

Anyway, do you reckon Vela's off??

22Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Thu Oct 01 2015, 13:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a chance, he had a decent last season but he did look suspect sometimes. Don't think he's good enough to control a midfield at this level yet

23Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Thu Oct 01 2015, 14:30

Lennon obviously likes Danns and Mavies, going back to when he first took over. The problem for Vela is that what he offers is very similar to Danns in many ways, although personally I think he's better.

Clearly Lennon doesn't agree, but given Vela's age and comments he's made when he wasn't playing under Freedman it wouldn't surprise me if he was getting restless at the lack of game time.

24Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Thu Oct 01 2015, 17:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not played enough to make a decent judgment IMO.  Not counting any of the right back outings. I'm talking in front of the back four.  Not sure why he is not getting even 15 minutes off the subs bench though.  Lennon must have his reasons.

25Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Thu Oct 01 2015, 18:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we can't get spearo or medo out on loan I'd make Vela available. Don't want to stunt his progression

26Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Thu Oct 01 2015, 22:42

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Get him some loan time, let him develop. For me he had his best game when we played Liverpool and he looked like a boss.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

27Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 02:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know about crap but very average is probably a generous assessment. Plays his cards right and he could be warming the bench at somewhere like Ipswich next season.

28Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 05:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Vela is well capable at this level, he was one of our best players during the good run we had when Lennon first came in.

Whatever the reasoning behind it is, it's sad not to see him in the team. The likes of Danns and Feeney aren't gonna be worth anything to us in a year or two - whether they're worth anything to us even now is debatable. Unless there's something we don't know about, he should be starting.

29Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 08:24

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:Vela is well capable at this level, he was one of our best players during the good run we had when Lennon first came in.

Whatever the reasoning behind it is, it's sad not to see him in the team. The likes of Danns and Feeney aren't gonna be worth anything to us in a year or two - whether they're worth anything to us even now is debatable. Unless there's something we don't know about, he should be starting.
Lennon picks his team on the basis of what he sees on the training pitch. Vela can't get in as Mark Davies and Neil Danns are playing extremely well. Vela doesn't tackle as well as Danns and isn't as talented as Mark Davies.

Vela isn't a winger (and not a striker) and therefore can't go in the place of Feeney. 

Vela is unfortunate that he is behind Danns and Mavies. Vela is Mavies replacement and Spearing is Danns replacement.

Enough said on the matter really. Why can't fans leave teams to be picked by managers? Why start a fuss in the dressing room?

30Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 08:30

"Why start a fuss in the dressing room"....?

Are you suggesting that Vela will read this thread and go marching into Lennon's office shouting:

"That lot on Nuts are asking why I'm not playing and you know what, they're right! I demand to be played immediately!"

31Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 08:38

FullofSprite wrote:Enough said on the matter really. Why can't fans leave teams to be picked by managers? Why start a fuss in the dressing room?

It may seem as if all we want to do is hear about Nat's love life and argue with each other but discussing team selection is a pretty on point topic for a Bolton forum. We should be proud of ourselves.

32Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 08:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fans selecting players for the team on a Bolton forum, whatever next! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

33Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 10:36

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:"Why start a fuss in the dressing room"....?

Are you suggesting that Vela will read this thread and go marching into Lennon's office shouting:

"That lot on Nuts are asking why I'm not playing and you know what, they're right! I demand to be played immediately!"
Very Happy

34Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 13:37

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Now look, Josh. You're still developing and being rounded. Ignore those blokes (and girl) on Nuts. Get yourself up to Euxton and play with yourself for a while.

35Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 14:10

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I wonder if any of the players actually look at fan forums. They could be lurking in the background with the rest of the non posters.

If feeney had a look at this forum he would get seriously depressed.

36Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 19:12

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Wouldn't surprise me if Vela walked into managers office, with agent and said look I should be playing, the fans know I should be playing, if you don't play me - I'm off, I want a transfer. Liverpool are after me, I'll join Bogdan at Anfield

37Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 19:23

FullofSprite wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if Vela walked into managers office, with agent and said look I should be playing, the fans know I should be playing, if you don't play me - I'm off, I want a transfer. Liverpool are after me, I'll join Bogdan on the bench, only getting game time in meaningless rounds of cup games.

Fixed

38Is Josh Vela Crap? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Josh Vela Crap? Fri Oct 02 2015, 20:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No way is he crap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum