Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seller feedback

+5
rammywhite
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Seller feedback Empty Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 00:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I recently bought House M.D. series 4 from Amazon. It was described as being in good condition, only it arrived today, the discs fairly scratched, one case broken, and an indentation on the cover across Hugh Laurie's forehead. 

Ordinarily, I'd leave some unfriendly feedback, but can you really leave bad feedback for somebody that sold you a four disc boxset for £2.18 including postage? Bare in mind also that the third party seller was Oxfam, not just some scrounger making a fortune from his bedroom. 

The DVDs are probably fit for purpose and still damn good value, it's just annoying to be misled like this. Needless to say, it's not worth asking for a refund and sending them back. 

Would you give them a piece of your mind? Are you a harsh critic when it comes to Ebay, Amazon, etc.?

2Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 08:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am a terrible buyer. I always use the threat of negative feedback to blackmail sellers into giving me a discount or even a full refund. If they don't comply I leave damning feedback and then reverse the charge on my credit card.

I have no sympathy, most sellers are lying bastards and wouldn't know something in "good condition" if it smacked them in the face.

3Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I recently bought House M.D. series 4 from Amazon. It was described as being in good condition, only it arrived today, the discs fairly scratched, one case broken, and an indentation on the cover across Hugh Laurie's forehead. 

Ordinarily, I'd leave some unfriendly feedback, but can you really leave bad feedback for somebody that sold you a four disc boxset for £2.18 including postage? Bare in mind also that the third party seller was Oxfam, not just some scrounger making a fortune from his bedroom. 

The DVDs are probably fit for purpose and still damn good value, it's just annoying to be misled like this. Needless to say, it's not worth asking for a refund and sending them back. 

Would you give them a piece of your mind? Are you a harsh critic when it comes to Ebay, Amazon, etc.?

I wouldn't complain for such a small amount. I use ebay quite often and I rarely complain unless the item described is vastly different from what arrives through my letter box.

4Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If the DVDs all play OK it seems petty to complain if they only cost £2.18 and not worth the aggravation. Although you would be justified in giving honest feedback anyway.

5Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I am a terrible buyer. I always use the threat of negative feedback to blackmail sellers into giving me a discount or even a full refund. If they don't comply I leave damning feedback and then reverse the charge on my credit card.

I have no sympathy, most sellers are lying bastards and wouldn't know something in "good condition" if it smacked them in the face.

Nat,
You've really gone down in my opinion. You buy off ebay? I thought that you were too loaded and sophisticated for stuff like that.
Ebay is for the common people-not for  the Cool set- not for the likes of you!!

6Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Nat,
You've really gone down in my opinion. You buy off ebay? I thought that you were too loaded and sophisticated for stuff like that.

I buy rare CDs, eBay is a goldmine of idiots who don't know what they own.

7Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:If the DVDs all play OK it seems petty to complain if they only cost £2.18 and not worth the aggravation.

Bullshit.

This is the answer you always get from buyers when you question the condition of something. The final sale price shouldn't come into it, if they say something is in "excellent condition" it should be in excellent condition even if you buy the item for 1p.

I would sue Oxfam, Doffcocker. It's illegal to misrepresent products for sale.

8Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sue Oxfam? Laughing

9Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Sue Oxfam? Laughing

Why not, they have to abide by the rules like everyone else.

When I was a student I went through a faze of buying loads of cool clothes from Oxfam, I was the ultimate trend setter. I once bought a Vivienne Westwood coat for £15 (that was worth at least £1000) but it turned out to be a fake.

I stormed back into the store and demanded someone's head on a plate. I got my money back and a free pen.

Moral of the story? Don't let anyone fuck with you.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:33; edited 1 time in total

10Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:Sue Oxfam? Laughing

Why not, they have to abide by the rules like everyone else.

When I was a student I went through a faze of buying loads of cool clothes from Oxfam, I was the ultimate trend setter. I once bought a Vivienne Westwood coat for £15 (that was worth at least £1000) but it turned out to be a fake.

I stormed back into the store and demanded someone's head on a plate. I got my money back and a free pen.

Moral of the story? Don't let anyone fuck with you.
Absolutely priceless!!

11Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:27

Morale.....?

12Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 17:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phase.....?

13Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 17:24

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Nat,

If you're buying CDs you're the idiot.

14Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 18:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Nat,

Nothing wrong with CDs.

Yes I know it is much cheaper to download music but some of us oldies prefer to listen to music on a hifi system. And yes I know you can play downloaded music on a hifi system and no, Nat I am not including you with us oldies.

15Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 18:06

I meant may as well buy vinyl if you want something more collectable and with a better sound quality.

Ignore the idiot part, that was directed at Nat not all CD buyers.

16Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Laughable comment in so many ways.

I'm guessing one of my CDs is worth more than your entire iTunes collection.

17Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 19:00

Ye id imagine it probably is. Which CD are you talking?

18Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 19:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Ye id imagine it probably is. Which CD are you talking?

Most of them. Picking one at random, the first press of Willie D's debut album "Controversy".

Yours for £125.

19Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 19:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Buying CDs off Ebay is a huge money machine, if you know what you're looking for, i know someone who makes big money doing this.

20Seller feedback Empty Re: Seller feedback Wed Mar 04 2015, 19:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only play 78's. Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum