Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jesus Christ the Muslim

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 15:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So as everybody knows, Jesus is a very important Muslim prophet and the only prophet in the Koran accredited with the ability to do miracles. In the Koran he is assumed to be Muslim as he worshipped the one God and Muslims don't believe Jesus ever claimed to be anything else including the son of God.

This leads me to a philosophical (or is it cultural?) question.

Whilst the Koran specifically denounces images of the Prophet Mohammed , most Christian sects tend to produce massive amounts of imagery of Jesus and also of God who tends to be portrayed as an ageing (how can God get old??) white, possibly European geyser not dissimilar to Father Christmas.

So as Jesus is an important prophet in Islam and Christians churn out images of Jesus (also a white guy apparently) and Allah/God/Jah is it likely that radical Muslims will kick off about it?

Are Christian images of Jesus offensive to Muslims?

Serious question.

2Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 15:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not sure if they are offensive as such just culturally wrong. How could Jesus have blond hair and blue eye when he would have been born in the middle east? Its' just the sanitised version for Western culture i presume that made the images that way.

3Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 15:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 15:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:not sure if they are offensive as such just culturally wrong. How could Jesus have blond hair and blue eye when he would have been born in the middle east? Its' just the sanitised version for Western culture i presume that made the images that way.

Not so much the fact that the images are obviously inaccurate but more that they exist at all.

What I'm asking is if images of Mohammad are offensive, aren't images of Jesus also offensive to Muslims?

5Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 18:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I suppose the only people who could answer that question are Muslims. Are there any Muslims on this site? I don't think so. I'm sure they would have chipped in on a few of 84's daft threads if there were.

6Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 20:53

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Graham Chapman was Jesus and a woofter.

That must have made them very mad.

7Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 20:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus was a bit like that I reckon.
Still single in his 30's.
Hangs about with 12 other blokes.
Fishing for men? I'll bet.

8Jesus Christ the Muslim Empty Re: Jesus Christ the Muslim Thu Mar 05 2015, 20:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum