Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon looking for unbeaten run at Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know if anyone else has seen this so just in case here is Neil's call to arms for the rest of this season. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Lennon is determined not to let an end-of-season malaise set in at Bolton and has challenged his players to finish the campaign unbeaten ahead of their trip to Blackburn.

Wanderers head into Wednesday night's rearranged Sky Bet Championship clash with Rovers 10 points clear of the bottom three and 21 adrift of the play-off spots.

But while it would appear there is little left for Lennon's Bolton players to aim for, the Northern Irishman is keen to finish the final stretch with a flourish ahead of his first summer in the job.

"We'll try and stay unbeaten to the end of the season and finish it strongly," he said.

"Then we can reassess where we are and rebuild for next year."

Lennon recently revealed the first meeting between these two clubs earlier this season was one of the highlights of his short reign with Wanderers.

Debutant Emile Heskey inspired a come-from-behind victory at the Macron Stadium on Boxing Day as Bolton beat Gary Bowyer's men 2-1 in front of 23,000 fans - the highest home gate of the season.

"It was great, the atmosphere was fantastic," added Lennon.

"There were 20,000-plus in the stadium and that was the first time I'd seen that.

"It was a great game, end to end with chances. Blackburn could easily have won it but we ended up winning it and it turned out to be a really pivotal moment for us.

"I'm looking for more of the same but I know how difficult it will be. They're strong at home and Gary will have (Jordan) Rhodes fresh and maybe (Chris) Brown fresh too so he may want to change things but we'll be ready for it.

"It's just across the road, there's always a good pitch at Ewood Park and a derby game under the lights is something to really look forward to."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11672/9753021/neil-lennon-looking-for-unbeaten-run-at-bolton

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum