Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich 1-0 Bolton

+17
boltonbonce
Reebok_Rebel
Danno
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Keegan
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
terenceanne
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough game tomorrow, particularly because we never seem to do well at Portman road, although they're not in the best form right now.

I can see us pulling off a shock win and ending our shite away form. 1-2 to us.

On a side note, came across this thread on an Ipswich forum. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice to see that Clough is making a name for himself

2Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a dilemma and would appreciate some advice. Ipswich is one of the few grounds that are within reach of an evening for me even though it involves a half hour drive to Norwich and then a 45 minute train journey each way - or a two hour drive each way.
It's always a drag and I think we haven't won there since the 90s - well before I moved East. Every game I've been to at Ipswich we've lost - and played crap.
Considering evoking the Jonah theory, partly because our luck couldn't be worse than when I do go and partly because I am questioning my motivation.
I want to go and probably will but history is telling me not to bother. Is anyone here going and would like to meet up for a prematch pint?
What is your advice folks? (and in your case Nat, an open invitation to tell me what a shit fan I am) Go for it...

3Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would go if i was you Lusty, lets face it you won't bring as much bad luck as Breaders when he goes to away games will you? Very Happy

4Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:48

Suspect

5Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 11:49

As predicted Ipswich have fallen away (McCarthy's been found out), we're hardly in great form but I'm feeling quite positive about this game. 

Anyway I'd go if I was you mate if you don't we'd probably end up winning a 6-5 thriller - if you do we'll probably lose 1-0, but don't take the chance.

7Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:As predicted Ipswich have fallen away (McCarthy's been found out), we're hardly in great form but I'm feeling quite positive about this game. 

Anyway I'd go if I was you mate if you don't we'd probably end up winning a 6-5 thriller - if you do we'll probably lose 1-0, but don't take the chance.

We've lost 1 - 0 the last two times I've been but I live in hope.

8Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They will beat us, probably 2-0 or something.

9Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I'm not usually confident going to Ipswich but I think we've got a chance this time. It's a good time to play them as their defence is struggling at the minute. If we can take the chances that come our way and keep it tight at the back we could nick it. With McGoldrick out they are relying on Murphy for goals so we need to keep him quiet. The only other two stand outs for them in recent weeks are Bishop and Tabb. The rest don't stand out and Ipswich are fairly average at the moment. 1-0 win for us tomorrow.

10Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-0 win tonight.. Another tomorrow? We're going up

11Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 13:01

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:1-0 win tonight.. Another tomorrow? We're going up
Very Happy Nowt gets past you eh Boggers.

12Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 13:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a win unlike negative ninny in post 8! Very Happy

13Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 13:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1-1 draw would be a grand result for us at the moment. They are trying for that 6th spot while we are just playing out the season. In reality 2-0 or so seems likely.  Lennon has already said he is thinking more about the Wigan game.

14Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 13:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Lennon has already said he is thinking more about the Wigan game.

If Lennon doesn't turn up - neither will I.

Only I probably will. Maybe they'll let me sit in the visitor's dugout and look pensive in between expressions of disbelief and injustice?

15Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 13:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it does sound like he's prioritising the Wigan game which does worry me a bit. We've tried that in the past and it didn't turn out to well then did it?

16Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 16:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-0 two shit teams that can't wait for the season to end.

17Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match preview: Ipswich v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE

After a home victory over Millwall, Bolton Wanderers head into back-to-back away games seeking to improve their record on the road.

With a midweek trip to Ipswich on the cards for Neil Lennon’s side, victory could see Bolton reel in a cluster of teams that sit between themselves a potential top half finish.

The last four meetings between Bolton and Ipswich have yielded just four goals, and Lennon will be hoping his side can buck a run of five straight defeats on the road.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TEAM NEWS

Bolton’s only fresh injury concern is that of Saidy Janko. The Manchester United loanee limped out of the warm up with a glute problem ahead of the weekend’s win over Millwall and isn’t expected the feature at Portman Road.

Neil Danns will also miss the game, as he serves the first of a two-game ban after collecting his tenth league booking at the weekend.

Neil Lennon has a full complement of goalkeepers from which to select, with Adam Bogdan and Andrew Lonergan now both fully fit, adding competition to Ben Amos’ spot between the sticks.

Dorian Dervite is also fit again after recovering from a brief knee problem.

Mark Davies has returned to light training but remains a number of weeks away, whilst Kevin McNaughton, Marc Tierney (both leg), Max Clayton (knee), Darren Pratley, David Wheater (both hamstring) and Zach Clough (shoulder) will definitely miss out.

ONE TO WATCH

A player Neil Lennon knows well, Republic of Ireland frontman Daryl Murphy currently leads the way in the Sky Bet Championship scoring charts.

Lennon signed Murphy for Celtic in the summer of 2010 from Sunderland, after the striker impressed in an end of season tour with the national side.

Prior to joining Ipswich permanently in June 2013 Murphy had never been renowned as a prolific goalscorer, but 23 goals in 34 starts certainly represent his best return in a season to date.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After celebrating his 32nd birthday at the weekend, Murphy’s physical presence and could well prove a handful for the Bolton backline on Tuesday evening.

LAST IPSWICH TEAM (v Middlesbrough (A), L 4-1)

Starting line-up: Gerken (Bialkowski 10), Chambers, Smith, Berra, Mings, Parr, Skuse, Bishop (Varney 84), Tabb (Wood 69), Sears, Murphy

Unused subs: Anderson, Chaplow, Bru, Clarke

OUR LAST VISIT TO PORTMAN ROAD (Ipswich 1-0 Bolton, February 2014)

David McGoldrick’s penalty just after the half time interval decided the game, after he had been brought down by Andrew Lonergan inside the area.

Wanderers did go close through Mark Davies and Neil Danns, but in the end failed to find a way past Dean Gerken in the Ipswich goal.

TICKETS

Tickets will be available to Bolton fans on the day of the game directly from Portman Road.

Any Bolton fans without tickets are advised to arrive early, with the away turnstiles accepting cash in the run up to kick off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Frederick Graham to officiate Wanderers against Ipswich

Frederick Graham will oversee Wanderers’ clash with Ipswich Town at Portman Road on Tuesday evening.

An official who has been involved in the professional game since the start of the 2003/04 campaign, the Essex based referee has taken charge of 13 games so far this season across the Championship, League One and League Two.

Having doled out 36 yellow cards, Graham is yet to brandish a red card during the current campaign.

He last officiated a Bolton game back in February of last year when the Whites welcomed Watford to Macron Stadium – a match in which Wanderers ran out 2-0 winners in courtesy of goals from Lukas Jutkiewicz and Joe Mason.

Carl Brook and Barry Holderness will run the line, while Mick Russell is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 17:54

Norpig wrote:it does sound like he's prioritising the Wigan game which does worry me a bit. We've tried that in the past and it didn't turn out to well then did it?

One nil down inside about five minutes and couldn't beat ten men as I recall.

Thanks Gary, I didn't want us to win the UEFA Cup anyway......

20Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 16 2015, 18:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:it does sound like he's prioritising the Wigan game which does worry me a bit. We've tried that in the past and it didn't turn out to well then did it?

Correct you are sir ...  we should go after them get a win and then we can afford to lose the Wigan game. Anything can happen ...we could lose both games then we will be back in the fight again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum