Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

United 3-0 Bolton

+11
wanderlust
Mr Magoo
doffcocker
jayjay23
bwfc71
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
BWFCinPhila
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Sun Jan 15 2012, 14:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

As well as the cash, I would like to see some form of check, and control, on the players he decides to buy. He must have come up with some very convincing arguments for buying the dead-heads he has. If he did, this worries me, because he is obviously working to criteria that no one else can see. Until he changes his ideas we are going to remain in the doo-doo.

62United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Mon Jan 16 2012, 17:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Same side should play for the Macc game but I have a feeling a few changes will be in order by Coyleeee.

63United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Mon Jan 16 2012, 18:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Each of Coyle's signings initially makes good sense to me.

Pratley - Poor, poor, poor but not bad for back up, and he was free AND his wages aren't that high. We needed this sort of player at the back end of last season when we had to resort to playing Elmander in midfield alongside Cohen. Trouble is, Coyle's using him for more than just back up.

Reo Coker - Excellent bosman for a club of our size.

Eagles and Mears - Two decent SQUAD players for an aggregate £3m. It's just unfortunate that we've had to rely on Eagles more than initially hoped.

Tuncay - Has been a class act in his time and could probably still perform at that level if given a proper chance.

Kakuta - Has excellent potential and might have been the next best thing to Sturridge had he been given a chance.

Boyata - Decent young player to have in the squad.

N'Gog - If all you have to spend on a striker is £4m, a player of his quality is what you can realistically hope for.

So to summarise, each of Coyle's signings in the summer made good football and business sense. It's how he's used them that doesn't make sense.

64United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Mon Jan 16 2012, 18:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robbie Blake was a bizarre buy. Apparently he is good for morale in the dressing room. I would take half his wages and keep the team entertained at half time. Coyle is running a fooball club not a comedy club.

65United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Mon Jan 16 2012, 18:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan - great penalty save, plus numerous other saves - would have been quite a few more if it had not been for Bogdan - well done, lad!

Knight - why-o-why-o-why do Coyleeeee keep playing him?

N'Gog - more like n'gone home at half time

Setanta - even worse than the BBC, and Sky, for being completely biased!

66United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Mon Jan 16 2012, 20:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doffer, can't agree wholly with what you say, I believe a big part of the problem is that the Cahill saga went on too long, and OC and the club pushed too hard for a high price. As a result, we ended up with very little money, no time, and a desperate need for, the worst possible combination for a transfer market dabble.. OC knew the players weren't that good, but had to spread the money as far as he could, to fill in the gaps in a very small squad.. Of all the players you listed, NRC is one of the better ones, with Ngog a poor second. I believe we have a very average bunch of players, (have you noticed how OC calls them a 'group'and not a team?, I think he's spot-on.)

67United 3-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: United 3-0 Bolton Wed Jan 18 2012, 15:37

What a load of shit Bolton are. I laughed when I heard the score from OT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum