Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reo-Coker quits Bolton!

+12
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Spillthebeans
xmiles
Angry Dad
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
largehat
doffcocker
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Mon May 14 2012, 23:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigel Reo-Coker has become the first player to leave Bolton after the club's heartbreaking Premier League relegation.

The combative midfielder signed a two-year contract last July after leaving Aston Villa on a free transfer.

But Sportsmail can reveal Reo-Coker - who was 28 on Monday - had a relegation release clause inserted into his contract upon signing for the club.

And it is understood the former Aston Villa man has decided to activate the clause.

Manager Owen Coyle has been informed of Reo-Coker's decision to leave the Reebok Stadium on a free transfer.

The news will come as a major blow to Coyle just hours after his side's relegation into the Championship was sealed.

Reo-Coker - who picked up the club's best newcomer award on Sunday night - started in all but one of Bolton's league games and skippered the side during the closing weeks of the season.

The news will alert Newcastle manager Alan Pardew who is an admirer of Reo-Coker.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Mon May 14 2012, 23:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The player that's spent the season mouthing off about the others' commitment (or lack of) is the first out the door, and the day after relegation!

Brilliant!

3Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Mon May 14 2012, 23:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's well within his rights to leave. That's why he negotiated a relegation release clause into his 2 year contract - in case we went down this season.

I don't think it's a terrible loss at all, probably the best thing for all parties.

4Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 08:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope hes on twitter...im gonna give him some shit.

I wouldnt be arsed, except hes the player thats been gobbing off all season at the other players, proves hes a full of shit money grabbing prick...

5Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 08:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ive been told of one of my friends who works up at euxton that mark davies wants out too.

Hes not the most reliable source though as he very rarely has any contact with the coaches or playing staff...

6Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 08:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shame really as NRC did show some grit and always seemed to be up for it. Mavies is another story though. He owes us big time and has played like a prima donna all season so perhaps it's no surprise. If the young 'uns go, then we might as well dump OC as well given that his entire plan seems to be based on building a young team around Holden.

7Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 08:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Im glad he,s shit.

8Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 08:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We need a captain. NRC was the nearest thing we had. This must be the priority signing.

Any body suggesting SKD is a captain needs their head examining.

9Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 09:35

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Never rated him so pretty happy he has gone, just wish he'd taken some of the other shite with him

10Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 10:23

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He can be replaced, no massive loss tbh

11Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 12:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't say I am surprised at this, he doesn't strike me as the type to stick around and help a club out of the lower leagues.

Good player but maybe this will pave the way for young Josh Vela to be given a chance.

Coyle needs to bring in a few bodies now, a captain is the main priority, NRC was the only one who I ever saw bollocking other players last season.

12Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 12:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's having a think about it....

“Things are still very raw and it hasn’t really hit home,” he told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “I need time to step away from things but I’ll give the manager a call and speak to him, and see what the situation is.

“I just haven’t been able to let it settle in that we won’t be playing in the Premier League next season.”

“I love this football club and it reminds me of what football should be about,” he said. “It’s like Wimbledon used to be in many ways – an old-school family club.

“It’s hard to accept not being in the Premier League, but at the same time, this happened to Newcastle a couple of seasons ago and now they are challenging for fourth.

“If they can do it, why can’t we? We have got some great youngsters here, there is a bright future – the three ‘Js’, Josh (Vela), Jay (Lynch) and Joe (Riley), are fantastic products. You have got young Marvin (Sordell) and Gregg (Wylde) coming in, and with the right mix of experience it should be a bright future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 13:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:If the young 'uns go, then we might as well dump OC as well given that his entire plan seems to be based on building a young team around Holden.

Yes, that makes complete sense.

Coyle is going nowhere. Get used to it.

14Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 13:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The reaction to this has been typically hillarious.

a couple of weeks ago a false report came on twitter than Petrov had been named player of the season, cue about 40-50 tweets like this.

"PETROV POY??? WTF NRC WAS PLAYER OF THE YEAR BY A MILE"

then as this story broke this morning, though not confirmed officially the tweets took a different tone.

"NRC was crap anyway"

"he was part of the problem!"

"Wanker"

"Tosser"

from player of the year to tosser, in 2 weeks LOL.

reminds me of when Wilshere didn't come back.. "he wasn't that good anyway" apparently.

15Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 13:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Ive been told of one of my friends who works up at euxton that mark davies wants out too.

He's well known in Wolverhampton, his home town, for being a big time Charlie.

It's no surprise that after 10 great performances, and 28 games where he was invisible, he wants to move to back to the Premiership where he belongs.

16Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 13:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:

He's well known in Wolverhampton, his home town, for being a big time Charlie.

It's no surprise that after 10 great performances, and 28 games where he was invisible, he
wants to move to back to the Premiership where he belongs.

Doffcocker, you are a shining lighthouse in the Bay of Stupidity.

Of COURSE Mark Davies is unpopular in Wolves. He is a product of their academy, refused to go out on loan, and buggered off to a similar sized club, upsetting them all in the process.

Imagine if a year after breaking into our first team, Kevin Nolan had joined Wolves for more money and because they had been promoted instead. How would he be perceived in Bolton do you think?

17Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 14:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
Doffcocker, you are a shining lighthouse in the Bay of Stupidity.

Of COURSE Mark Davies is unpopular in Wolves. He is a product of their academy, refused to go out on loan, and buggered off to a similar sized club, upsetting them all in the process.

No. Wolves were all too happy to let him go as he was a rebellious, arrogant, antagonistic and thus unpopular and disruptive element of the dressing room.

18Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 14:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If NRC does leave then it's a big blow for the team. Since Muamba's illness he is the only gritty combative midfielder that we have left. ( It's too early to know how Vela will perform )

We could do with NRC staying but that's just my view.

19Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 14:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jez Moxey's reaction on Mark Davies leaving.

"We're very, very sorry to see him go," he told the club's official website.

"Many people said 'eyebrows were raised', well, as the eyebrows were raised my heart sank when the deal was finally done because we didn't want Mark to go."

As for NRC i will be sorry to see him go, i don't think he is vital as such, but i won't pretend he's been crap just because he happens to see his future elsewhere. Thats football, thats life!

20Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Empty Re: Reo-Coker quits Bolton! Tue May 15 2012, 14:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"We're very, very sorry to see him go," he told the club's official website.

Say no more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum