Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garty speaks out

+4
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Garty speaks out Empty Garty speaks out Wed May 16 2012, 10:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wage cuts over last 12 months

Plan A (is this a euphanism of Coyle's as we never seem to have Plan B)

Academy

Eddie Davies

Banks

All in there....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the quote that got me laughing was...

“We’ve had an academy for over 10 years and we never produced a boy from the local area from the age of seven that came through to the first team, and that has changed this year. "

Didn't Nicky Hunt, Kevin Nolan come through the ranks of the Academy - and I am sure there was one other as well.

2Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Wed May 16 2012, 10:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Academy costs £2 million a year to run. Sammy Lee has recently gone back there but Jimmy Phillips is still in charge.

Personally, I would have expected them to turn out one or two decent players.

3Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Wed May 16 2012, 11:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this totally bears out what I've been saying throughout the season. I'm not saying what they are doing is right, it's just that it's been pretty obvious what the plan was and why it was needed. My only disappointment is that we sacrificed prem status by trying to do it all in one season instead of over a couple - but perhaps the financial situation called for drastic measures. And what happened certainly was drastic, although we almost survived.
The fact that we almost survived despite massive wage cuts and a policy of only investing in youth gives me some hope for the future.
That said, what will happen if Eddie D pops his clogs and the executors comes in for the money? You never know - he might leave it to the club in his will!

4Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Wed May 16 2012, 11:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

eddie davies dying does scare me.

I may be wrong, but i think he has 2 daughters who are not that interested in football.

If they are the sole benefactors of his fortune, as you would assume they are, I could see them simply asset stripping the club and letting us die a death.

we may be lucky and they would find a buyer instead, but i wouldnt count on them keeping us afloat...

5Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Wed May 16 2012, 14:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Wage cuts over last 12 months

Plan A (is this a euphanism of Coyle's as we never seem to have Plan B)

Academy

Eddie Davies

Banks

All in there....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the quote that got me laughing was...

“We’ve had an academy for over 10 years and we never produced a boy from the local area from the age of seven that came through to the first team, and that has changed this year. "

Didn't Nicky Hunt, Kevin Nolan come through the ranks of the Academy - and I am sure there was one other as well.

Both Nolan and Nicky Hunt joined us as teenagers, so he's right to say what he has as far as im aware.

6Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Thu May 17 2012, 12:47

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Academy is a total waste of time as Man Utd pick up every single exciting young kid in the North West and if they aren't good enough they ditch them.

7Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Thu May 17 2012, 12:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:The Academy is a total waste of time as Man Utd pick up every single exciting young kid in the North West and if they aren't good enough they ditch them.

about as true as you can get...

8Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Thu May 17 2012, 17:42

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Michael Bolton wrote:The Academy is a total waste of time as Man Utd pick up every single exciting young kid in the North West and if they aren't good enough they ditch them.

Blackburn consistently get better young players than we do and reached this season's Youth Cup Final.

9Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Tue May 22 2012, 20:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch the Gartside interview on Granada News tonight ? He mentioned we only have debt of £10 million in a loan to Barclays. He sounded quite confident about next season and made it clear that Coyle is going nowhere.

10Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Tue May 22 2012, 20:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Did anyone watch the Gartside interview on Granada News tonight ? He mentioned we only have debt of £10 million in a loan to Barclays. He sounded quite confident about next season and made it clear that Coyle is going nowhere.

Which sounds about right as the majority of the debt (100 million) is towards Eddie Davies. Considering the total debt, at present, is approximately 110 million.

Missed GR tonight, as I was at college, but was there any mention about funds for buying players, or are we doing it on the cheap (i.e. loans and youth academy)?

11Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Tue May 22 2012, 21:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at investing in youth next season. Virtually halved the wage bill with the latest cull.

12Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Tue May 22 2012, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think that is a bit misleading myself.

The wage bill may well be halved right this moment - but surely we will be replacing many if not all of those people?

Ok, maybe on not the same wages - but I suspect we will be paying out a few more million yet - also we may have to buy some of them - again more expense.

The only way we've halved the wage bill is if we simply don't add to the squad we have now - and of course we will.

13Garty speaks out Empty Re: Garty speaks out Tue May 22 2012, 21:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully Coyle will be given the Sky parachute payment to fritter away. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum