Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Bogdan's future at Bolton Wanderers still undecided

+3
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Bogdan’s Wanderers future remains up in the air despite Neil Lennon claiming the club had made him a “good offer” to stay at the Macron Stadium.

The Hungary international, currently the longest-serving senior player on the books, could walk away for nothing at the end of his contract this summer.

Wanderers are willing to make him one of the top earners on the books but sources close to the player claim the two parties are still some way from an agreement.

Lennon believes securing the 27-year-old’s signature will be an important step for the club, who are also waiting to agree terms with club skipper Matt Mills, midfielder Darren Pratley and veteran strikers Eidur Gudjohnsen and Emile Heskey.

And although the Whites boss has looked at bringing Ben Amos back to the club after a successful loan spell from Manchester United, he makes no secret of the fact Bogdan is his first-choice option.

“We’ve made him a good offer but I think there’s still some negotiating to go on,” he told The Bolton News.

“We’ve made it very clear what our stance is with Adam: We want him to be here next season. That is very important to me.

“You can see the quality he has, he’s a very good goalkeeper, and if we can keep him here then that would be a very good start in our rebuilding process.”

Bogdan has been restricted to just 12 appearances this season because of knee and finger injuries but has produced some stand-out performances, most notably against Liverpool in the FA Cup and in Monday night’s televised defeat at Bournemouth.

Those high-profile displays have attracted some admiring glances from clubs at home and abroad and given his representatives some considerable leverage in discussions with Wanderers, who must continue to scale down their wage bill next season.

Meanwhile, Lennon may have missed out on his first transfer target of the summer with Rotherham United defender Craig Morgan confirming he wants to remain with the Millers next season.

The Wales international is out of contract in the summer but after Rotherham secured place in the Championship with a 2-1 win against Reading, the centre-half told reporters he was ready to sign a new deal at the New York Stadium and that contract talks were due to take place soon.

Lennon had refused to publicly endorse the story linking him with Morgan but has revealed that defensive targets are high on his list of priorities this summer.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he's been made a good offer despite a less than average season and doesn't want to sign up then he should be shown the door.

We all agree this team lacks spirit, well the starting point for building that spirit is to only sign players who want to be here.

Everybody knows that the GK is the least important position on the pitch.

Anybody can play in goal, in fact, it's where the useless fat bastards who aren't fit enough to run round wind up playing.

Yeah, they might think they're "ripped" and have a "six pack" and shove dodgy "Get Shredded!" pills down their necks, but they're basically all fat frauds who pretend that they're proper athletes, when in reality, they're useless fat bastards.

Sell him.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Yeah, they might think they're "ripped" and have a "six pack" and shove dodgy "Get Shredded!" pills down their necks, but they're basically all fat frauds who pretend that they're proper athletes, when in reality, they're useless fat bastards.

I can't help feel that's a subtle pop at scott

No idea what you mean.....

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:

I can't help feel that's a subtle pop at scott

Subtle? You must be a diplomat. Well said Breaders. And if Frank reads this we aren't talking about you.

Fat Frank's the man - Fact!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If De Gea's a fat bastard, thenn I'm well and truly f***ed

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would hate to sit in front of Fat Frank, his gut would be resting on top of me.

It's no wonder he stands up really.

Adam Bogdan's future at Bolton Wanderers still undecided 34wTR

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He should stop taking his top off the sweaty old heffa

karlypants wrote:I would hate to sit in front of Fat Frank, his gut would be resting on top of me.

Just so we're clear......

Which way are you facing when Fat Frank's gut is resting on the top of your head?

Shocked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:I would hate to sit in front of Fat Frank, his gut would be resting on top of me.

Just so we're clear......

Which way are you facing when Fat Frank's gut is resting on the top of your head?

Shocked

I'm not giving him a BJ Breadders!!! Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been offered a pay rise apparently.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan can scarper as far as I'm concerned if we can keep Ben Amos and Andy Lonergan. 

In my opinion he's not the best keeper in this club let alone so special a 'big' club is going to jump in and pay him mega bucks when his current deal runs out. He's been made an offer, take it or leave it would be my next sentence to him and if it's leave it then great, get the hell out of everyone else's way so we can get on with helping the players who want to be here and find some others who have the balls for a fight you so clearly lack.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan is on his way according to nixon, pete

That attitude won't get very far with today's players Pete. We need to keep our best and Bogdan is easily our strongest keeper IMO.

Having said that it's pretty obvious he's biding his time and seeing if a better offer comes in. Can't blame him for that, he doesn't owe the club anything. Hopefully nothing materialises and he signs up in the next couple of weeks.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Lonergan is on his way according to nixon, pete
I trust Nixon about as far as the yanks trusted his presidential namesake in 1974 mate. If he says it's Monday I check my calendar. In my opinion if Lonergan is considering leaving then every effort should be made to keep him here as I believe him to be our best keeper right now (albeit not by much) and we should be doing whatever we can to try and sign Ben Amos permanently. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BWFC1874 wrote: That attitude won't get very far with today's players Pete. We need to keep our best and Bogdan is easily our strongest keeper IMO.

Having said that it's pretty obvious he's biding his time and seeing if a better offer comes in. Can't blame him for that, he doesn't owe the club anything. Hopefully nothing materialises and he signs up in the next couple of weeks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I appreciate that point and agree he doesn't owe us anything. However, common sense dictates that if someone was going to come in for him they most likely would have already approached him since he's been free to talk to other clubs since January.  The deal is there on the table. If he doesn't want it that's his look out but this "wait and see" attitude or attempting to negotiate more money because he thinks we're too desperate to let him go sucks. He knows the club's position, if he wants out then get the hell out already. Otherwise shut up and sign the deal so Neil can get on with more important matters such as our wafer thin defence.

Common sense doesn't dictate an offer would already be in though.

From a financial perspective, the longer Bogdan doesn't have an offer the lower he'll be willing to accept. If another club wants him they may as well wait, he's not so good that the interest will be huge but a couple of bigger clubs will be keeping an eye I'm sure.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's no wonder he stands up really.

Adam Bogdan's future at Bolton Wanderers still undecided 34wTR
Frank and I grew up around the same time in Farnworth, we weren't actually mates but it was always alreet pal when we bumped into each other, he was in them days a fucking good runner, and regularly ran Marathons, and finished most in less than 3 hours.

Fuck knows where it went wrong for him, but for all the pisstake the guy gets, he made a lot of money for various charities back in the day, I admire the guy he was, I say let him get his kicks the way he is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum