Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Least Favourite Accents ???

+11
Bwfc1958
doffcocker
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
Spider Legs
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Banks of the Croal
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 20:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Don't different parts of Scotland have different accents? 

It's like these Americans that say they like an English accent, they have obviously never heard anyone from Wigan.

They think people from Wigan have a speech impediment and feel sorry for them.

22Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 20:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That accent that Farage has makes me cringe every time he open his foul mouth

Same goes for the accent that Paul Nuthall has, as well as Geert Wilders accent!

And Claude Junker's accent!

23Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 20:50

Steve Mclarens accent when he managed FC Twente.

24Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 20:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:Steve Mclarens accent when he managed FC Twente.

Steve Mclarens normal accent is bad enough!

25Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 20:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Steve Mclarens accent when he managed FC Twente.
Why did he do that again?

26Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 21:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because he's a knob just like joey barton

27Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 21:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are some proper knobs in this world Boggers, why can't people just be like me and you, the world would be such a better place.

28Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 21:16

scottjames30 wrote:There are some proper knobs in this world Boggers, why can't people just be like me and you, the world would be such a better place.

Jesus scott. You're turning into a bit of a bunny boiler. Its a bit creepy

29Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 21:18

y2johnny wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:There are some proper knobs in this world Boggers, why can't people just be like me and you, the world would be such a better place.

Jesus scott. You're turning into a bit of a bunny boiler. Its a bit creepy
This editing posts has to stop Johnny.

30Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 21:19

Sorry, my mistake.

31Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Tue May 05 2015, 21:30

Barb Dwyer wrote:Sorry, my mistake.

Yeah even i can't go that creepy

32Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 08:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few years ago there was a Danish guy at Aston Uni who wrote a paper showing that Burmmie was far and away the most disliked accent and that people with it were discriminated against in the job market etc. His research implied that speaking with a Brummie accent gave the impression that the speaker was a bit thick.
Irony was that this guy was on the radio speaking with a Danish/Brummie accent which was as weird as it gets. Think Jan Molby's Scandinavian scouse with the occasional "me duck" thrown in.

33Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 09:36

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:Accents don't bother me.

I'm more annoyed by the way kids talk nowadays and like, you know, everything sounds like it's a question?

So I went to the shops?

And I bought a pie?

And I ate it?

And it was yum?

Talk properly!!!!!!
Even worse is the way some youngsters (and oldsters too!) use the word "like" as a substitute for "said".

e,g. And I'm like "Are you going on Saturday?"  And he's like "Yeah."

Add to that the appalling rising inflection that Bonce mentions, and beginning every sentence with "Look........" and you have a recipe for a swift punch on the nose as a response! Michael Clarke, please take note!!

34Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 09:47

Rory McGrath labelled the "rising inflection" thing the "Moronic Interrogative" a few years ago and I think he should be applauded for doing so.

We had a graduate trainee start in our office a few years ago and she flogged it to death.

She'd, like, just got back from her gap yare? (sic)

And she'd, like, had such a great time, providing starving orphans in Africa with free kittens to, like, chare them up because they were, like, so unhappy?

And it was, like, soooooo rewarding?

I wanted to kick her to death after about a week.

35Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 09:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Surprised you lasted a whole week tbh bread.

36Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 09:58

She was quite fit and that bought her a few days grace.

37Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 10:11

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Scouse, starts grating me after about 30 seconds!!!!!

38Your Least Favourite Accents ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Least Favourite Accents ??? Wed May 06 2015, 18:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:Scouse, starts grating me after about 30 seconds!!!!!

eh! eh! calm down! calm down!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum