Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carver: Legend or Leg End?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 12:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I applaud John Carver's comments after his teams dismal thrashing at Leicester where he said all but two players weren't interested and one player, Mike Williamson, got sent off on purpose so he would miss the pressure of the run-in.

We need more brutal honesty like this. His comments have been praised by Newcastle fans and a handful of ex-footballers - but the majority of ex-players have condemned this as bad for morale and destruction of the club from the inside.

In an age where players earn ridiculous amounts for being average at best, isn't it about time we started being more honest? Anyone who went to Bolton yesterday will know none of those players gave a shite about Bolton Wanderers. Shouldn't Lennon come out and slag them off, just like a fan would given half a chance?

Wouldn't a bit of honesty, i.e. "you're alsolute shite, son" make these players up their game?

2Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Re: Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 12:35

Agree wholeheartedly in principle, but the problem is that modern players are far too powerful, so this approach wouldn't work.

In the normal world, if your boss told you that you were shit and you needed to buck your ideas up, you'd think "Shit! Better sort my act out otherwise I may get sacked and that could lead to me losing my house and the wife running off with that bloke at number 26."

But in the cocooned world inhabited by modern footballers, if the boss tells you you're shit, you know that you can just sulk about for the remainder of your contract and still draw your £20k a week for doing basically nothing.

And therein lies the problem.

They're too powerful and can't be motivated like the rest of us.

3Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Re: Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 13:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe anyone in the Newcastle dressing room takes Carver seriously.

4Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Re: Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 13:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks like a butcher

5Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Re: Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 13:47

Boggersbelief wrote:He looks like a butcher

Having re-read what I posted last night, I think I went too far and started doing what I was accusing you of doing - wumming for the sake of it, so I apologise if I caused any offence.

Genuinely.

6Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Re: Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 13:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No problem. Oh and btw, I finished all my homework on friday

7Carver: Legend or Leg End? Empty Re: Carver: Legend or Leg End? Sun May 03 2015, 13:53

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum