Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gardner to get Testimonial

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 20:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gardner is on Twitter and just for Keegan this is his Twitter account (or whatever the name they call it)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He was asked on the 9th May whether he was having a testimonial to which he answered - "Been offered 1 so just waiting for the right time for it to manifest".

(Riveting stuff I know!)

Anyway the multimillionaire will be earning a few quid more for his pension fund - unless he donates it all to some charity or other - well you never know.

He won't be having it anytime soon though - yes, you've guessed it - he's currently injured!

2Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 20:13

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Legend Bibi! Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this a joke, the guy hasn't kicked a ball for 10 years.

Keegan out!

4Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 20:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll remember him fondly, especially for his amazing 02/03 season (i think it was!) where he was absolutely superb.

otherwise i'll remember him falling over alot in the early years and his later years spent in the treatment room

5Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 23:08

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He kicked the ball prior to his red card in his last appearance, you WUM.

Natasha out!

6Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 23:17

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

His goal in the play off final was one of the high points but sadly not an awful lot to shout about since then.

7Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Mon May 21 2012, 23:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I thought he was one of the league's best left-backs during our glory years.

I'm a big fan.

8Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 15:33

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I always knew you were a good lad who knew his football, Doffcocker.

9Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 15:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gardner was a decent player, but in the early days of his Bolton career he had the potential to be great. Unfortunately he never learned how to cross a ball, and Allardyce turning him into a defender didn't help him.

With hindsight we'd have been better selling Gardner and keeping Jermaine Jackson.

10Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 15:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

With hindsight we'd have been better selling Gardner and keeping Jermaine Jackson.

Chamone, mother fucker.

11Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 15:39

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Gardner was a decent player, but in the early days of his Bolton career he had the potential to be great. Unfortunately he never learned how to cross a ball, and Allardyce turning him into a defender didn't help him.

Gardner was a quite good crosser/corner kick taker - how many people have you seen score directly from a corner kick? Allardyce didn't use Bibi in his best position and he still managed to turn out consistently good performances and Jermaine Jackson is Michaels' brother - he never signed for a professional football club.

Natasha out!

12Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 15:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

he deserves a testimonial in my opinion...

he can say bye properly and so can the fans.

regardless of his performances over the years, hes been a cracking servant to BWFC.

the Reggie Boyz v Bolton wanderers at the Reebok.... hopefully!

13Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd be lucky to get 2000 on for a Gardner testimonial.

14Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 16:31

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:You'd be lucky to get 2000 on for a Gardner testimonial.

i guess you would find an excuse not to come either way? Laughing

15Gardner to get Testimonial Empty Re: Gardner to get Testimonial Tue May 22 2012, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
i guess you would find an excuse not to come either way? Laughing

I would only attend a testimonial if the money was for charity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum