Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon targeting Manchester United stopper Ben Amos

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NEIL Lennon has set his sights on Ben Amos as his number-one keeper next season.

Talks are now underway with the 24-year-old Manchester United stopper, who will be out of contract in the summer.

Wanderers had to act quickly after learning that Adam Bogdan would definitely be leaving the club.

Amos proved a big success on loan last season and with a few other Championship clubs in the market for a new keeper this summer, his talent comes at a considerable premium.

After picking up the number-one spot from the injured Andy Lonergan in late February, Amos conceded just six goals in eight starts and never more than a single goal in any one game.

He returned shortly before the end of the season with many Whites fans keen to see Wanderers bring him back full time.

Once the Liverpool-bound Bogdan rejected the chance of a new contract Amos was the obvious target, and Lennon will be hoping negotiations run smoothly so he will be able to announce him as an official signing at the start of next month.

The Wanderers boss also needs to find a back-up keeper, with untested youngsters Ross Fitzsimons and Harry Campbell the only other options around the first-team squad at present.

Meanwhile, Wanderers have watched Irish pair Richie Towell and Daryl Horgan, who play for League of Ireland outfit Dundalk.

Neil Lennon has kept tabs on Towell, a goal-scoring midfielder, since his days at Celtic.

Horgan is another highly-rated winger who has been watched and who falls into the right age bracket, although reports in the Irish press claim a fee of £500,000 would have to be paid for their services, which seems unlikely given the club’s tight finances at present.

Reports in South Wales claim last season’s top scorer at the Macron, Adam Le Fondre, could be on his way out of Cardiff City, with newly-promoted MK Dons looking to sign him.

Wanderers retain an interest in the 28-year-old but would be unable to buy him outright this summer, favouring a loan deal.

Le Fondre has two years left on his contract with Cardiff, who are looking to recoup as much of the £3million they paid out to Reading 12 months ago as they can.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13320306.Neil_Lennon_targeting_Manchester_United_stopper_Ben_Amos_for_number_one_spot/

thats a pisser

Reports in South Wales claim last season’s top scorer at the Macron, Adam Le Fondre, could be on his way out of Cardiff City, with newly-promoted MK Dons looking to sign him.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

very happy if we get Amos, looked a good keeper last season, but gutted we can't afford Le Fondre, he's a proven scorer at this level and we will miss him big time next season.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anybody else a little pissed off that we cant even compete with MK Dons in the transfer market?

Norpig wrote:very happy if we get Amos, looked a good keeper last season, but gutted we can't afford Le Fondre, he's a proven scorer at this level and we will miss him big time next season.

:agree:

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Anybody else a little pissed off that we cant even compete with MK Dons in the transfer market?
Yep, thats exactly what i was getting at.  it's absolutely gutting!

There's absolutely no chance that MK Dons can afford too pay Le Fondre's £18k a week, I've got insider knowledge on the Dons' finances believe me.

bwfc1874 wrote:There's absolutely no chance that MK Dons can afford too pay Le Fondre's £18k a week, I've got insider knowledge on the Dons' finances believe me.
we don't believe you, you are now aligned with scott Wink  You are his new hero.

MK Dons aren't signing Rob Hall because 300k is to much, doubt they can afford ALF.

Barb Dwyer wrote:MK Dons aren't signing Rob Hall because 300k is to much, doubt they can afford ALF.
You i believe Smile

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having given Amos a platform we'll be lucky to sign him let alone compete for ALF. If the kids are untested Neil should get on with it and test them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum