Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teetotal

+4
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Teetotal Empty Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 21:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went teetotal six weeks ago. So far I've held firm
Tried it twice before,with little success,lasting only a week the first time,and three weeks subsequently.
This is my best effort to date,but it's a battle.
Anyone successfully beat the booze,or are you all beyond help?Teetotal Very-drunk

2Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I can take it or leave it tbh. I like a drink occasionally but at the same time I can go months without touching a drop. Doesn't bother me either way.

3Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It puts me to sleep these days,and I miss the end of anything I'm watching.
Feeling a lot better for it I must say.
Still got three bottles of Ferret in the fridge though. Ice cold. Crying or Very sad

4Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:23

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I know someone who can't do without. Every night at 7 o'clock he cracks open the first of 10 cans of fosters that he drinks every night religiously. He can't
Sleep without it, gets moody when it gets passed 7 and he's not started drinking yet. He also smokes at least 40 cigarettes a day and it costs him a bloody fortune but he's addicted to both. Would hate to rely on something that much.

5Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know a bloke like that. Don't think he even enjoys it. He just has to do it to get by.
Luckily I've never got to that stage.

6Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i din't drink anywhere near as much as i used to but i can't imagine ever being teetotal. There is nothing better than reaching for my beer fridge when the kids are in bed and i can relax a bit  Very Happy

7Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am giving up booze and fags tomorrow in support of those who are fasting for the month of Ramadan.

8Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Apart from last week when I took my lad for his first legal beer I haven't had any for a decade and don't miss it a bit. In fact I think I've been much better off without it.

9Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i din't drink anywhere near as much as i used to but i can't imagine ever being teetotal. There is nothing better than reaching for my beer fridge when the kids are in bed and i can relax a bit  Very Happy

This. I'm a borderline alcoholic. The longest I have gone without a drop of alcohol in the last ten years is ten days and that was in 2009. I don't touch spirits at all but I do enjoy a cold beer especially when the weather is like it is now. I'm on Stella tonight. ( No pun intended )

10Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should I get rid of the three bottles in the fridge?

Could be a temptation in this weather.

11Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:i din't drink anywhere near as much as i used to but i can't imagine ever being teetotal. There is nothing better than reaching for my beer fridge when the kids are in bed and i can relax a bit  Very Happy
Just for you Norpig.....

Teetotal Tumblr_n9q3h1zatt1tfcl9vo1_1280

12Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:51

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:Should I get rid of the three bottles in the fridge?

Could be a temptation in this weather.
If you are serious about knocking it on the head then get rid, otherwise just hide them away until you fancy a little treat as a reward for being a good boy. Once you know you can go a long time without drinking any at all you should be able to use it as a luxury rather than a necessity. Doesn't work for everyone obviously and you could just end up falling off the wagon. You would be fine though I reckon, as I'm guessing your not a full blown alcoholic.

13Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As long as there are handpumps dispensing quality ale then I don't think I'll ever be a teetotalatarian.
Besides real ale keeps you clean and regular!!
The doctor next door swears by it.

14Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 22:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Far from being an alcoholic,but I'm just cheesed off about falling asleep . I have to google the end of films. Shocked

15Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 23:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone tried non alcoholic beer?
Never tried it myself. scratch

16Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 23:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone tried non alcoholic beer?
Never tried it myself. scratch
I've never tried it either but a guy I knew who was a recovering alcoholic used to drink it to take the edge off his need for alcohol and it did a job for him. 

I couldn't drink it. I would feel cheated, a bit like eating quorn instead of proper meat. Can you imagine that boncey, not eating meat? Now that would be really shit wouldn't it.........? Very Happy

17Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 23:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be drinking decaff coffee next.
Nothing I eat or drink is real!

Mind you I've recently rediscovered the joy of full cream milk,after years of semi skimmed.
Luvverly. Very Happy

18Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 23:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had the Becks Blue non alcoholic a few weeks ago when I gave up for a bit which isn't too bad but it cost more than a bloody pint! Shocked

Bonce get rid of any booze in the house as like 58 has said, it will only lead to temptation! Smile

19Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Tue 30 Jun - 23:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

This. I'm a borderline alcoholic. The longest I have gone without a drop of alcohol in the last ten years is ten days and that was in 2009. I don't touch spirits at all but I do enjoy a cold beer especially when the weather is like it is now. I'm on Stella tonight. ( No pun intended )

Having a couple of cans a day seems to be ok RT, it all depends on how much you are drinking?

I drank ridiculous amounts in my late teens very early 20's and looking back i'm surprised I am still here to be honest.

I have seen teenagers die from liver failure on the news and with the state they ended up in hospital and it really put the wind up me so to speak!

20Teetotal Empty Re: Teetotal Wed 1 Jul - 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sometimes it's best to simply say 'I've had enough'. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum