Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nicholas Winton

+3
karlypants
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nicholas Winton Empty Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 18:15

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The most amazing man, for what he did and how he did it. Hero is an overused word, he truly deserves the accolade, RIP, his 106 years changed so many peoples world, with dignity, perseverance, compassion and sheer bloody goodness

2Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 18:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very sad,but what a remarkable man.
It's amazing what can be achieved with courage,and a good heart. RIP.

3Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 19:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

106 years, what an age! 

Just think about how much he has seen in his life inventions, the war etc! Smile

RIP

4Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 19:24

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

R.I.P what a chap.

5Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 20:17

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wept towards the end of Schindler's List, not because of the Nazi horrors, but because of Oscar's sheer goodness and audacious bravery, saving children from right under the noses of Hitler and his cronies. Nicholas Winton's life was similarly humbling and inspirational, both of them self-effacing heroes who put to shame those who commit evil and those who wring their hands but do nothing in response. 
Some of the stories coming out of Tunisia now, about ordinary folk who confronted the drug-addled killer, remind me that there ARE perhaps many brave souls who instinctively do what is right in the face of huge personal danger. It gives me hope that evil, as epitomised by IS and the like, will not win.

6Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 20:20

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Brilliant post Okocha

7Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Wed Jul 01 2015, 20:26

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

okocha wrote:I wept towards the end of Schindler's List, not because of the Nazi horrors, but because of Oscar's sheer goodness and audacious bravery, saving children from right under the noses of Hitler and his cronies. Nicholas Winton's life was similarly humbling and inspirational, both of them self-effacing heroes who put to shame those who commit evil and those who wring their hands but do nothing in response. 
Some of the stories coming out of Tunisia now, about ordinary folk who confronted the drug-addled killer, remind me that there ARE perhaps many brave souls who instinctively do what is right in the face of huge personal danger. It gives me hope that evil, as epitomised by IS and the like, will not win.
:clap: :good:

8Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Thu Jul 02 2015, 10:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP to a true humanitarian.

9Nicholas Winton Empty Re: Nicholas Winton Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sleep well Sir Nick. Thank you for showing us all the true face of goodness and courage. Hopefully your family will find comfort in knowing that a massive number of families exist today that wouldn't have without your astonishing valour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]