Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unbelievable.

+5
scottjames30
xmiles
gloswhite
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Tue 21 Jul - 14:09

okocha wrote:Yes, have to agree: Brits on holiday are often an embarrassment. It's so easy to pick them out from the rest. Even at the airports, Brits stand out as uncouth, loud, drunk and insensitive to others. The way they dress tends to mark them out too.

But is it also true of those Brits who choose to actually go to live abroad?

In my experience, yes.

That McDanger fella is forever getting in trouble for running down 5th Avenue in just his undies, bottle of Grolsch in hand, shouting "We are the one and only Wanderers!!!"

He once spray painted a Bolton badge on a Polar Bear in the Bronx Zoo.

True story.

22Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Tue 21 Jul - 15:57

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:
okocha wrote:Yes, have to agree: Brits on holiday are often an embarrassment. It's so easy to pick them out from the rest. Even at the airports, Brits stand out as uncouth, loud, drunk and insensitive to others. The way they dress tends to mark them out too.

But is it also true of those Brits who choose to actually go to live abroad?

In my experience, yes.

That McDanger fella is forever getting in trouble for running down 5th Avenue in just his undies, bottle of Grolsch in hand, shouting "We are the one and only Wanderers!!!"

He once spray painted a Bolton badge on a Polar Bear in the Bronx Zoo.

True story.
To be fair though, he was only helping out with Phil Gartsides latest overseas marketing campaign. Not one of the better ideas he's had in trying to secure investment.

23Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Wed 22 Jul - 8:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think a point has been missed with this thread.
Obviously, crime is being committed by more and more non English-speaking foreigners, who, I'm assuming are not native to this country.
I'm sure our current resources could cope if we stopped pandering to them, and shipped them back to the country they came from.
I can accept that when you move to somewhere new, you will take a while to assimilate, (If you want to), but if you start breaking the law, how can you expect understanding and clemency ?

24Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Wed 22 Jul - 10:48

Might have missed something here, so apologies if I have. But police officers speaking a second language doesn't necessarily mean there's been a massive jump in crime from foreigners. It just makes them better equipped to serve communities - including victims of crime.

I think we need to start appreciating the contribution immigrants make to our society, it's well documented how heavily the NHS has relied on them over the last few years for instance.

25Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Wed 22 Jul - 11:14

If all the Poles and other Eastern Europeans went home tomorrow, every supermarket in the land would run out of stock by about Monday and there would be no way of replenishing it.

We would be screwed without them.

26Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Wed 22 Jul - 11:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I also believe immigrants should learn the indigenous language as I did when I lived abroad. Speaking a bit of a language helps with relations but if we're dealing with criminals then they have been known to hide behind non-comprehension before now.
Community relations side is important and this move may encourage more people from minorities to join the police, however if immigrants commit crimes I personally wouldn't have any problem with deportation for anyone who hasn't qualified for a British passport. After all, until they naturalise and become Brits, they are guests and should only be allowed in on the basis of accepting the laws we are all subject to.
And deportation is the way forward rather than overburdening our own legal system.
Compared to most countries I've visited, deportation would be preferable to the punishments they hand out TBH.

27Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Wed 22 Jul - 12:06

I've no issue with that for crimes - unless they're pretty minor like drug possession or shoplifting or something.

My issue with Glos's comment was more the assumption this meant that there'd been a big jump in crime from immigrants, I don't necessarily think is true.

28Unbelievable. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unbelievable. Wed 22 Jul - 17:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:I've no issue with that for crimes - unless they're pretty minor like drug possession or shoplifting or something.

My issue with Glos's comment was more the assumption this meant that there'd been a big jump in crime from immigrants, I don't necessarily think is true.

Fair enough 74, but surely you must have heard how there is a marked increase in crime over the years from such as Chinese, Yardies, etc, and now, due to the open door policy, a massive influx of Eastern Europeans.

This isn't a debate about how useful immigrants are, etc, my comment is that it is obvious that problems are now forcing the biggest police force in the country to take drastic steps to resolve the issue, and to be honest, I believe the problem is bad enough as not all immigrants are victims or witnesses. Only an idiot would consider deporting such people. if someone knowingly breaks the law, and are not a UK citizen, move them out. I don't think I can make it any clearer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum