Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know nowt about computers, so.........

+9
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
karlypants
okocha
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Could be settings saving your details so it's like a 'Roboform' and you don't have to keep typing in things.

Cheers Mart - I'll be in touch.

....and I still can't get my head round where it's got my email address from, cookies or not.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they knows everything .

I'd guess you registered at some point in the past (possibly when drunk) and were still logged in, check old emails to see if they have sent you anything before.

Honestly, I've never registered with Jet2 - definitely, 100%.

It must have something to do with recognising my IP address and partnering this up with information held and sourced from a third party from when Mrs B used my email address to enter a competition last year.

It just struck me as a bit scary that it made the jump from an anonymous enquiry about a holiday to generating a targeted email response which had my full name in the title, despite my not having entered any of my personal details on their site.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just dumped my white apple keyboard ,and got a nice new blue one from Logitech. The white one always looks dirty.
This new one is a pleasure to use. Round keys too.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any mac users on here upgraded to the macOS mojave update? It's an optional update, but I'm loving the dark theme.
Plenty of new features too.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any mac users on here struggling to update Big Sur to 11.1.2?

Installed smoothly on my macbook pro and macbook air, but refuses to install on my desktop. Tried all the known fixes. I'm one of many across the world with this problem, and apple are no nearer solving it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How many computers do you have and need Boncey? Are you a hacker in your spare time?  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:How many computers do you have and need Boncey? Are you a hacker in your spare time?  Very Happy
Old Breaders once referred to my room as Cape Canaveral. He was close.  I've got wires everywhere. Match day is fun. Game on the desktop, chatbox on one laptop, latest scores on another, and a plate of snacks between them.
I'm a virtuoso.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is everyone ready for the big Windows 11 update in early October?

I've only got one Windows computer, but I suppose I'll have to get it done. Windows 10 was a pain in the arse, so I hope this is smoother.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still waiting to be offered the Windows 11 update.I know nowt about computers, so......... - Page 2 Impati10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you checked for updates?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes. Apparently the update will be rolled out over months, so I'm not holding my breath.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks for that. Windows 10 will be supported up to 2025, so there's no rush. I might wait for the update.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've fallen in love with my Apple pencil. Never been keen, but the second generation model is a dream.

Attaches magnetically to the side of your iPad and starts charging immediately. I wouldn't be without 

it now.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been looking at the Logitech Crayon which is quite a bit cheaper than the Apple Pencil.

It's a shame they are not universal and won't work on some Android tablets too.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I've been looking at the Logitech Crayon which is quite a bit cheaper than the Apple Pencil.

It's a shame they are not universal and won't work on some Android tablets too.
The pencil is only compatible with certain iPads, so everyone should check before buying the second generation model.
The first generation pencil I have was a pain to charge, and was usually out of juice when I needed it, so this new one is brilliant.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a quick one about screen cleaning. I've never found a cleaner that was up to the task of getting my Mac/iPad/phone smudge free; until now.
iKlear is the perfect solution. Pretty steep at around twenty quid, but you get a lot for your money, including cloths and travel wipes. I'm not on commission by the way.
Sorry Bob, but I couldn't find a way of working Dean Holdsworth into this post, but I'll try harder next time. Very Happy
I know nowt about computers, so......... - Page 2 Img_2811

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum