Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald Trump for President of the USA

+35
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
King Bill
DEANO82
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
okocha
Bread2.0
xmiles
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
observer
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They ruined comics for me.
What happened to Dirty Dick?
Or Pansy Potter?
And don't get me started on Lord Snooty and his chums.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pansy Potter and Lord Snooty I am familiar with.

But Dirty Dick is a new one on me.

How old were you when you read these "comics"...?

And did they come from under the counter in plain brown wrapping?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It has "charddick" in that link.

If it's Pandas with burnt willies, you're getting it.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:It has "charddick" in that link.

If it's Pandas with burnt willies, you're getting it.

Don't start mentioning charred genitals or else Nat will resurrect her tale of singed lady parts and Rumanian kidnappers.
Or was it Bulgarian bandits?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Tony B's legacy.

The man who outlawed smoking in public and made it only slightly less cool than having sex with animals.

The pub trade died almost overnight but it stopped people from obsessing and fretting over his decision (made with help from God) to invade Iraq and destabilise the entire Middle East in the process.

Top bloke......

But he didn't ban Shisha Cafes where smoking a shisha pipe is supposed to be the equivalent of smoking 500 fags. ( Apparently )

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't like those shisha things. Fred Trueman wouldn't have smoked one.

And that's good enough for me.

Not many people know it,but FS was Jewish. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Don't like those shisha things. Fred Trueman wouldn't have smoked one.

And that's good enough for me.

Not many people know it,but FS was Jewish. Just thought I'd throw that in.

I certainly didn't. He never came across as the kosher type.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's probably stretching it a bit.
In the 1990's Trueman discovered his Grandmother was Jewish,making him Jewish in Jewish law.
I don't think he was ever likely to appear in a Woody Allen film,but he said he was quite happy to be called Jewish.

Enough already. Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:It's probably stretching it a bit.
In the 1990's Trueman discovered his Grandmother was Jewish,making him Jewish in Jewish law.
I don't think he was ever likely to appear in a Woody Allen film,but he said he was quite happy to be called Jewish.

Enough already. Very Happy

... although most folk simply called him Fred!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone see him presenting 'Indoor League' back in the day?

Hilarious.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone see him presenting 'Indoor League' back in the day?

Hilarious.

I used to love watching that programme on Sunday afternoons. It even had arm wrestling!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, we're not far off now and I actually think that this shit might happen.

The great unwashed of 'Murica love the clown in a "he speak the truth cuz them Muslims 'n' Mexicans is all dangerous" type way.

Xenophobia works, people.

You've got a core of Democrat voters who will vote Democrat automatically but there's also a large contingent who aren't sure but who will still hopefully turn out to stop Trump.

But that is far from guaranteed.

The big worry is that these Democrat voters will stay at home, thinking that it doesn't really matter if their doubts regarding Hilary prevent them from actually voting because they're only one voter and she'll still probably get in anyway because that Trump fella's so beastly and unellectable so it won't matter.

And then there's the disenfranchised black population.

Who voted for Obama and feel cheated and let down by the fact that he's in the White House and they're still living in the Shite House.

So they might not turn out because they think "What's the point?"

And that's how the twat will get in.

And then, all bets are off....

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bread2.0 wrote:Well, we're not far off now and I actually think that this shit might happen.

The great unwashed of 'Murica love the clown in a "he speak the truth cuz them Muslims 'n' Mexicans is all dangerous" type way.

Xenophobia works, people.

You've got a core of Democrat voters who will vote Democrat automatically but there's also a large contingent who aren't sure but who will still hopefully turn out to stop Trump.

But that is far from guaranteed.

The big worry is that these Democrat voters will stay at home, thinking that it doesn't really matter if their doubts regarding Hilary prevent them from actually voting because they're only one voter and she'll still probably get in anyway because that Trump fella's so beastly and unellectable so it won't matter.

And then there's the disenfranchised black population.

Who voted for Obama and feel cheated and let down by the fact that he's in the White House and they're still living in the Shite House.

So they might not turn out because they think "What's the point?"

And that's how the twat will get in.

And then, all bets are off....
Because of the electoral college (we don't have a popular vote), Trump would have to win all the swing states to get elected... doable, but very unlikely.  It's a very old system which has outlived it's use, but that is how the game is still played unfortunately.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the "just grab them by the pussy" comment has eliminated any sleeze accusations his campaign have levelled against the Clintons and a few more senior Republicans have distanced themselves as a result.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I still believe that Trump actually doesn't want to be president but it has gone too far to back down. Nobody in history has shot themselves in the foot as many times as he has in a presidential campaign and given his wealth and therefore his ability to surround himself with the best advisers you have to question his desire.
I think it started off as a self promotion and got out of hand.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its difficult to call in fairness. We have one who has been dishonest in government for 30 years, whilst achieving nothing of note, against one who seems to make one error after another, even though he believes in getting America back to where it was after the disastrous foreign policies of the current administration. 
Which brings me to the subject of the Russians placing nuclear missiles in Kaliningrad, 'on exercise', a Russian enclave surrounded by European countries. A difficult one to negotiate, and I wonder how each would deal with it, especially as Putin is pushing all the time now, seeing America as weak. There's lots more to this election than who groped who, but such is the pettiness of it, other major aspects have been ignored.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Its difficult to call in fairness. We have one who has been dishonest in government for 30 years, whilst achieving nothing of note, against one who seems to make one error after another, even though he believes in getting America back to where it was after the disastrous foreign policies of the current administration. 
Which brings me to the subject of the Russians placing nuclear missiles in Kaliningrad, 'on exercise', a Russian enclave surrounded by European countries. A difficult one to negotiate, and I wonder how each would deal with it, especially as Putin is pushing all the time now, seeing America as weak. There's lots more to this election than who groped who, but such is the pettiness of it, other major aspects have been ignored.
That looks to be the worry for a lot of people, there seems an obsession with trying to belittle each other and very little reasoned debate about increasingly critical domestic and world issues.
I don't think either candidate is gaining any credibility or trust and it is going to be a default vote where people either just vote for the party they always vote for or against the one they deem to be the most untrustworthy.
Nobody is going to win this election somebody is going to have to lose it, the one light at the end of the tunnel is that ineffective presidents can be marginalised in the US and just sit as a figure head with all policy decisions being taken on the hill and in quango's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum