Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My shopping trip to asda

+4
scottjames30
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Norpig
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1My shopping trip to asda Empty My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:45

pulled up in the car park, couldn't find a space anywhere near the door but thats nothing new.  used my trolley token to get a trolley.  put the list my missus had wrote me in the pull our child seat thing.  went round and got everything on the list.  couldn't find the right tinned tomatoes so got asdas own.  hopefully now a mistake on my part.  check out was free, no queue so got straight through.  loaded the bags all nice and bonny in the boot.  apart from the bread bag,  that went on the front seat.  then i made my way home.

2My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you do know you are going to get slaughtered for this Johnny?  Laughing

3My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:52

Norpig wrote:you do know you are going to get slaughtered for this Johnny?  Laughing
fuck it!

4My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use the self service check out. OK until you hear 'unusual item in the bagging area'.
In my case the unusual item was a tin opener. Must think I'm about to go on the rampage with it.
Today I bought some slippers. cheers Left and right footed of course. £4.99.
Don't know why I bothered with amazon in the first place. The internet seems to be the first port of call for me these days. 
I'll keep the two right footed ones to bore people with at Christmas.

5My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:55

Cheers for this thread - it's just what I need, as I'm off to Asda shortly and it has given me a helpful insight into what to expect.

I don't actually need much so I'm struggling with the age old "basket or trolley" dilemma.

Any advice Johnny?

6My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:56

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I am disappointed by your post y2j. Wheres the suspense as you worry about the missing tinned tomatoes? Where's the conflict as you are beaten to the checkout by a ninja granny with sharp elbows? What is the narrative arc as you explore modern themes of acquisition, consumerism, capitalism and the unbearable lightness of baking? I see no theme, no moral to be drawn, no character development, no cliffhanger leaving the reader wanting more, and, by the end, i had made no emotional connection with the protagonist, caring little if his subsequent trip to barbers for a haircut was successful, or an indictment of popular culture judging merely by appearance. I can not see this story making it in Birchwood, let alone Hollywood.

7My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 13:57

Breadman wrote:Cheers for this thread - it's just what I need, as I'm off to Asda shortly and it has given me a helpful insight into what to expect.

I don't actually need much so I'm struggling with the age old "basket or trolley" dilemma.

Any advice Johnny?
think of not only the items you have to carry but also the order in which you have to pick them up!!!!

this will determine the need for basket or trolley

8My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:00

Thanks Johnny.

You're a star.

I'm thinking of reorganising the cutlery drawer at some point this weekend - will you be available to offer handy tips and advice if I need you?

9My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:01

Chairmanda wrote:I am disappointed by your post y2j. Wheres the suspense as you worry about the missing tinned tomatoes? Where's the conflict as you are beaten to the checkout by a ninja granny with sharp elbows? What is the narrative arc as you explore modern themes of acquisition, consumerism, capitalism and the unbearable lightness of baking? I see no theme, no moral to be drawn, no character development, no cliffhanger leaving the reader wanting more, and, by the end, i had made no emotional connection with the protagonist, caring little if his subsequent trip to barbers for a haircut was successful, or an indictment of popular culture judging merely by appearance. I can not see this story making it in Birchwood, let alone Hollywood.
Sorry manda, i'm just trying to drag the forum into the gutter, this was at the request of "all hail queen of tugboats" Whittam after taking the forum to a new low trying to  help a fellow poster.

don't worry though, i can go much much lower.

10My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:02

Breadman wrote:Thanks Johnny.

You're a star.

I'm thinking of reorganising the cutlery drawer at some point this weekend - will you be available to offer handy tips and advice if I need you?

11My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:03

boltonbonce wrote:I use the self service check out. OK until you hear 'unusual item in the bagging area'.
In my case the unusual item was a tin opener. Must think I'm about to go on the rampage with it.
Today I bought some slippers. cheers Left and right footed of course. £4.99.
Don't know why I bothered with amazon in the first place. The internet seems to be the first port of call for me these days. 
I'll keep the two right footed ones to bore people with at Christmas.
i wonder if i get two left footed ones and explain the situation in a lot more detail if nat will be bothered.  i hope so

12My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did they give you any green plastic coins, at the till?

I don't look for stuff on the few times i go to ASDA, the first 'happy to help worker' i see gets where is this where is that.

Then he takes me to everything, when they see me they try to get away but i corner them.Very Happy

13My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny, I'm absolutely starving but can't decide what to make. Any suggestions?

14My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Cheers for this thread - it's just what I need, as I'm off to Asda shortly and it has given me a helpful insight into what to expect.

Any advice Johnny?
Why ASDA? Decent TESCO near you. Or are you banned? Very Happy

15My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:04

scottjames30 wrote:Did they give you any green plastic coins, at the till?

I don't look for stuff on the few times i go to ASDA, the first 'happy to help worker' i see gets where is this where is that.

Then he takes me to everything, when they see me they try to get away but i corner them.Very Happy
i don't even shop at fucking asda

16My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:05

Boggersbelief wrote:Johnny, I'm absolutely starving but can't decide what to make. Any suggestions?
whats in the fridge boggers, lets go from there

somehow this has turned back into the agony uncle thread Very Happy

Yeah, fuck you Nat

17My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any need for the 'fucking'?

18My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:06

boltonbonce wrote:

Any advice Johnny?
Why ASDA? Decent TESCO near you. Or are you banned? Very Happy
It's been lifted now, i do shop at that tesco but do the click and collect Smile

19My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:06

scottjames30 wrote:Any need for the 'fucking'?
yes there fucking is

20My shopping trip to asda Empty Re: My shopping trip to asda Fri Sep 18 2015, 14:07

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I went to Asda today and bought one apple, one egg and one potato.

The girl on the checkout said: "I bet you live on your own, don't you."

"That's amazing, as a matter of fact I do", I said. "How did you know?"

"Cos you're so fucking ugly" she replied.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum