Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ream deal to be completed in next few days....

+4
BWFCinPhila
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Owen Coyle has played down reports claiming USA international Tim Ream is to undergo a medical at Bolton, but he admits to being a fan of the defender.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Though reports were saying the other day that we would still sign him even if cahill didn't leaave I still think until Cahill is sold Ream won't be signed.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Mon Jan 16 2012, 12:10; edited 1 time in total

Yeah - this one will sit until the ink on Cahill's Chelsea career is dry.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Either that or OCs realised he can't actually defend.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Owen Coyle has confirmed Bolton Wanderers are hoping to finalise a deal to sign Tim Ream

He is a player that we would love to bring to the football club and hopefully in the next few days that can come to fruition," said Coyle

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't say I am really excited because I had never heard of the guy. Maybe he is a replacement for Zat Knight ?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye, can't say I am over the moon at this signing but we need anotehr centre back with cahill going so maybe he will surprise us.

Hopefully the rest of the £7mill from the deal will be spent on a good midfielder or a striker.

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Ream is very highly thought of over here, for whatever that's worth. As one writer put recently, TR's outgrown the MLS.

The deal is far from a blockbuster, and I do hope that there will be some other additions, particularly someone with a bit of creativity going forward in the midfield or at striker. But I think the Ream deal would be a very shrewd signing, and I'm quite pleased with it as a Yank & BWFC fan.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Americans have produced some excellent talent in recent years, including our own Stu Holden, who like Ream, was unheard of over here at the time of signing him, even though he did start off on Sunderland's books. The deal makes good business sense with him being on peanuts.

I'm reserving judgement until he's played a few games in a Bolton shirt.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He seems to have a fighting spirit and we really need that in our back 4.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

And he is american, I always felt north-americans athletes have really good attitudes both on and off the pitch. Im sure there are exceptions but general speaking.

He looks like a ballplaying defender and thats great because our two remaining CBs are too similar I think.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Jermaine Jones is an exception - the fact that he played on loan at Blackburn last season speaks volumes. Nasty piece of work..

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Landon Donovan has slotted straight back in at Everton as well.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ream is to cut short his honey moon in favour of coming over to bolton and sign for us, fair play to him for doing so.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he has give up his honeymoon I can only think that he has a very understanding wife. Mind you, the massive increase in salary may have swayed his other half.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

His wife is a footballer aswell according to coyle and a decent one.........wonder if she would fancy joining us too?

1st ever husband and wife partnership in defence. Wink

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't see what the rush is - OC isn't one for throwing new players straight into the action. Perhaps they could honeymoon in Dobble so he can attend training in the daytime and fulfill his marital duties in the evenings?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks faster than Zat and Wheater put together.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye, I saw that clip a few weeks back, with how we have been defending this season he may be doing a few more of those in the coming months.

The Miserable One

The Miserable One
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

It looks like he is fast and that's a plus with our defence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum