Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feeney (new photo of Feeney free kick 94 mins)

+3
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How often does Feeney find himself in this sort of position? I would say 4 or 5 times per game, at least, he has enough space for a decent cross...

How often does he put the ball into the correct area for a striker to attack it? 

Our failure to score is not down to our striker being in the wrong place or being incapable... Often Madine is in the right position in the box but the service is generally woeful.

(I admit Madine hit the bar about 4 times instead of scoring but the discussion here is about Feeney and his decision making and crossing)

What do we think is the problem? Why does Feeney check back inside so often, or decide to run further down the line and almost out of play before crossing? Why does he so often hit the first defender with the ball or overhit it so badly that his crosses go out for a throw in?

Just look how poor his free kick effort is...

Last edited by Biggie on Thu Oct 22 2015, 19:44; edited 2 times in total

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
Why does Feeney check back inside so often, or decide to run further down the line and almost out of play before crossing? Why does he so often hit the first defender with the ball or overhit it so badly that his crosses go out for a throw in?

Because he's shite.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Biggie wrote:
Why does Feeney check back inside so often, or decide to run further down the line and almost out of play before crossing? Why does he so often hit the first defender with the ball or overhit it so badly that his crosses go out for a throw in?

Because he's shite.
Laughing
That about sums it up correctly in three words. Thread closed.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Contender for our lone striker in a 451.

wanderlust wrote:Contender for our lone striker in a 451.

We may as well give up now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Contender for our lone striker in a 451.

We may as well give up now.

You need to believe in the new system which hopefully Lennon will cotton on to before we're relegated. Guaranteed survival if he works it out in time.

Feeney as a lone striker will do us no favours at all, sorry Lust.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our best formation is 4231.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Feeney definitely gets the award for most predictable player. Burst of pace down the right...cross goes miles over anybody's head or blast into the full back's arse. I think you've illustrated it quite well Biggie.

It once seemed odd that Millwall were happy to get rid of him when he's got that much pace, but it makes a lot more sense now.

Biggie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How often does Feeney find himself in this sort of position? I would say 4 or 5 times per game, at least, he has enough space for a decent cross...

How often does he put the ball into the correct area for a striker to attack it? 

Our failure to score is not down to our striker being in the wrong place or being incapable... Often Madine is in the right position in the box but the service is generally woeful.

(I admit Madine hit the bar about 4 times instead of scoring but the discussion here is about Feeney and his decision making and crossing)

What do we think is the problem? Why does Feeney check back inside so often, or decide to run further down the line and almost out of play before crossing? Why does he so often hit the first defender with the ball or overhit it so badly that his crosses go out for a throw in?

It's obviously the strikers fault, they should see Feeney has the ball and be making runs to the near post rather than stood on the penalty spot expecting a decent cross.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is feeney in an Arsenal kit?

It's obviously not Feeney. As you can see a player heading it in the 2nd picture.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Barb Dwyer wrote:It's obviously not Feeney. As you can see a player heading it in the 2nd picture.

Very witty.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

New pictures...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More to the point, why does Lennon allow him to take the free kicks? Why does he make him play in such an orthodox wide position when his pace could be far more effective inside for that matter?

Whilst I'd like to see him given a go in the middle, playing on the wing is hardly an unorthodox position for Feeney - he is a winger, pacy players tend to play on the wings as that's where the space is so not really following your logic on this one.

Completely agree about him taking set pieces though, we waste a criminal amount of them with poor deliveries I'd be drilling them every day on them.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Whilst I'd like to see him given a go in the middle, playing on the wing is hardly an unorthodox position for Feeney - he is a winger, pacy players tend to play on the wings as that's where the space is so not really following your logic on this one.

Logic? There's no point in him bombing down the wing if the ball doesn't get anywhere near the goal so it's a total waste of possession.

IMO as we're bottom of the league we need to pack the midfield and play counterattacking football and maybe Feeney could play a role in that.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Whilst I'd like to see him given a go in the middle, playing on the wing is hardly an unorthodox position for Feeney - he is a winger, pacy players tend to play on the wings as that's where the space is so not really following your logic on this one.

Logic? There's no point in him bombing down the wing if the ball doesn't get anywhere near the goal so it's a total waste of possession.

IMO as we're bottom of the league we need to pack the midfield and play counterattacking football and maybe Feeney could play a role in that.
It's a fair point tbh. It is a total waste of possession having Feeney out wide. You work hard to fashion a decent attack and then Feeney finishes it off by smashing it into the stand. His pace would cause a few problems through the middle and he finds the net more often than he finds a teammate with a cross. I can only guess it's because the goal is much bigger than a human head, which he is nowhere near accurate enough to hit, unless they're sat having a bovril in row z.

Why don't we try leaving someone who can actually cross the ball (Heskey?) up field in an offside position near the corner flag, then tell Feeney to get the ball and run to this player and then let him cross it?

S'not difficult is it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum