Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nottingham Forest look to revive Liam Trotter deal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam Trotter was temporarily back in the Wanderers camp yesterday as Nottingham Forest looked to revive his loan move to the City Ground.

The midfielder’s chances of a move away from Bolton looked to have ended this week when a paperwork error forced Dougie Freedman to admit the deal was “dead”.

Forest’s transfer business has been under increased scrutiny since they were placed under an embargo for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

But sources close to the player suggest all hope is not lost, and that the former Wanderers boss is now working on resurrecting the transfer before this weekend.

Freedman is under pressure to get 16th-placed Forest moving up the table and face a home game against Ipswich Town tomorrow afternoon.

Neil Lennon admits the former Millwall man is one of a handful of players he has made available for transfer – but as yet, only Trotter has received any interest.

“We lost a lot of players in the summer. That’s in the past. We are looking to rebuild this team,” he said.

“We have made a few players available but there hasn’t been any interest in players like Medo Kamara, for example.

“I’m not sure if the Trotter deal has been ratified. It will free up some money but it will only be for a month. My phone has not been ringing apart for Liam.”

Meanwhile, Wanderers will have to look elsewhere in their striker hunt, with Celtic agreeing a two-year deal with Carlton Cole yesterday.

Lennon had hoped his former club would pass on the ex-England international and give him a chance to discuss terms.

But the Whites boss admits it would have been a tall order to agree a package to tempt the former West Ham striker to the Macron Stadium.

Speaking on Tuesday, Lennon said: “I don’t know if we could afford a Carlton Cole.

“You would have to break the bank to get someone like him in.

“I don’t know if that is possible to do. The bank is in a pretty bad way already.”

The striker trained at Parkhead for the last month and turned down a move to MLS in order to try to earn a deal.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

stop teasing us and just get rid of Trotter please. A month isn't long enough though

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum