Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stabbing people.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stabbing people. Empty Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 09:59

So another child has been killed in the UK by one of his peers who thought nothing of taking a knife into school and stabbing him with it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-34660140

What the hell's going on with kids today and knives?

When I was a teen in the 80's I had a knife, as did most of my mates.

In fact, I had several - A Bowie knife, a lock knife and various Swiss Army types and we all carried them as we messed about in Smithills Woods during the holidays.

But we never stabbed each other with them, we just played "knifey" on a rope swing and used them for sharpening sticks and stuff.

Carrying a knife of some description isn't a new thing, as I'm sure most boys through the ages have done this, so what's changed?

Are there more psychotically unhinged teens out there nowadays who genuinely don't see the problem with settling minor disputes via a swift stab between the third and fourth ribs?

Have they all become desensitised to violence to such a degree that they can no longer differentiate between Call Of Duty and The Real World?

Do the consequences of stabbing someone and the potential implications, ie they may well die and you will get locked up for a long time, simply not occur to them?

I went to school with some right idiots but none of them would ever have dreamed of stabbing someone just because they felt "disrespected" or suffered some such heinous slight on their character.

What on earth is going on?

2Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 14:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was stabbed in a fight in the 60s. OK it was just a teenage rumpus between me and a local lad who had been put up to it by a gang a few streets away and it was a with a penknife and it only went through my hand when I blocked it but it was thought to be horrendous by the parents at the time. It did get me off for leathering him though. I think he was freaked out by what he'd done so I didn't hang around and waded right in.

3Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 14:33

But did he set out to actually stab you and cause serious injury / death or was it just a bit of bravado designed to shit you up a bit?

It's one thing waving a knife around to intimidate someone but it's an altogether different proposition to actually walk up to them and plunge it into their abdomen or chest.

And that's my point.

We've always had teens carrying knives but nowadays they seem far more prepared to use them in a way that is more likely to result in death or serious injury.

4Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 14:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know a few of my mates used to carry Stanley knives. Probably wouldn't kill you,but could make a serious mess of you.
Amateur astronomers were seriously badass in the late 60's.

5Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 15:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just wrong to stab people, or use weapons in a fight, what happened to using your hands head and feet?

6Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 16:17

boltonbonce wrote:I know a few of my mates used to carry Stanley knives. Probably wouldn't kill you,but could make a serious mess of you.
Amateur astronomers were seriously badass in the late 60's.

It can be quite difficult to get the protective cellophane wrapping off your copy of Astronomy Monthly sometimes, so I get where you're coming from.

7Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 16:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never carried a blade myself.

I could usually intimidate any ruffian with my pocket magnifier.

8Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 17:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's only classed as assault to the eastern Europeans, if they stab you below the waistline.

That's why its common for them to stab people in the arse cheeks at football games.

Anything above the waist is attempted murder.

9Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 17:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:But did he set out to actually stab you and cause serious injury / death or was it just a bit of bravado designed to shit you up a bit?
I'd guess somewhere between fear and bravado, but he had a go and would have stabbed me in the chest if I hadn't stuck my hand in the way.

10Stabbing people. Empty Re: Stabbing people. Thu Oct 29 2015, 18:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those who carry a knife and use it are just pure cowards.

The law needs a good shake up for things like this and the government need to get tough on it and stop giving criminals soft sentences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum