Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers loan deal for Rajiv van la Parra from Wolves collapses

+3
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deal to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Rajiv van la Parra has collapsed, The Bolton News understands.

Neil Lennon had teed up the Dutchman to sign until Christmas but was forced to back out of the move yesterday.

The Wanderers boss had already delayed the deal until the end of the international break so that the club could get maximum value from the loan but with an away game at Reading on the horizon, it now appears unlikely he will add to his squad before the weekend.

Sources in the Midlands claim “financial issues” at the Macron Stadium were to blame for Van la Parra staying put at Wolves.

It is bound to come as a major blow to Lennon, who had looked to the former Heerenveen attacker to add some pace to a side that has scored just once in its last six outings and had been struggling badly for creativity.

“It’s an absolute priority to get some more quality in the final third,” he told The Bolton News after the goalless draw with Bristol City.

“We need someone who’s going to make a difference and that’s not being disrespectful to the players I have got – they have given me everything.

“But it’s been apparent for the last six to 10 games that we need something more in the final third of the pitch.

“It’s difficult to moan because we’ve played well but missing chances is costing us badly and you, me and the crowd can’t put the ball in the net for them (the players). Someone needs to make the difference when we’re on top or else we’re going to struggle to win games.”

The collapse of the move at this late stage is bound to raise questions about whether the ongoing takeover situation has been a factor. Money is unlikely to be released by either party as due diligence is done – although there has been no confirmation from Wanderers nor the Shields Sports Consortium that the negotiations have reached that advanced stage.

It has also been suggested that one of Lennon’s fringe players was due to leave on loan, opening up space in the budget, only for that move to fall down.

Either way, Lennon’s ability to change results in the short term is sure to be tested with a squad already missing star attacking talent such as Zach Clough and Wellington Silva.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More bad news FFS.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm gutted that this nobody who no one has heard of won't be signing for us.

Wolves fans were rejoicing when he was coming to us and are gutted now, that said we've seen players come to us and perform far better in recent years so it's a shame nonetheless. 

Beyond the obvious implications for our financial state, this late collapse indicates Lennon's acting blind in the transfer market, how could the money not have been sanctioned prior to it getting this far? Shit show.

The more that shit like this keeps happening, the more I'm starting to think that the whole take-over thing is a pile of bollocks engineered by "you know who" to divert attention away from the club's impending slide into administration.

Think about it:

The Mail breaks the story regarding the club being on the brink of going into administration.

Iles finally grows a pair and demands answers from the club.

Nothing is said officially other than the usual "Everything's fine" that we've all grown only too accustomed to hearing from the Macron press office.

Everybody continues to speculate about it and the complete lack of a stringent denial from the club heaps even more pressure on them.

The suddenly, someone "linked to the club who has been correct in the past" leaks a whiff of the Holdsworth thing to LoVS.

They weigh it up and decide to run it.

Iles picks up on it and passes it on to a wider audience via the BN and suddenly, it's grown legs and we're all taking it seriously.

Throw into the mix yesterday's hint from Iles that ED & The Chimp have knocked back other bids in the past because of their apparent concern for the new investors' motivations (clearly designed to drip feed more disinformation about what great guys they both are) and now we're hearing worrying rumours about the actual terms of this latest take-over which are designed to make us all think that it wouldn't be such a great move after all. (Fucking Ridsdale....?)

I'm starting to think the whole thing's been a sham that they've orchestrated and we've all fallen for it.

(Bung Holdsworth a few grand to resign from his job, give him a vague script which heavily alludes to "other business commitments" suddenly making it impossible for him to continue and leave us to fill in the blanks...)

And cloak the whole thing under the "due diligence" regulations and thus avoid having to make any public comment - genius!

It's probably nothing more than a massive ruse which has bought ED & Knobhead a bit of breathing space during the international break.

I feel violated.

Again......

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are a laughing stock jocolor

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not too bothered about the actual player not coming but the reasons why worry me greatly. We can't even afford fees and wages for a short term loan?  Shocked

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No deals will be done if there is indeed a takeover in progress

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very true, so perhaps things are progressing  on  the takeover despite the lack of news.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Tue Nov 17 2015, 17:22; edited 1 time in total

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Similarly no deals will be done if the wage demands exceed our budget - although they surely asked what they would be before the deal was announced publicly.
Having gone to the point of leaking the la Parra deal last week it implies something has changed in the interim - hopefully progress on the takeover (providing the Risdale bit is just conjecture).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum