Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Cardiff

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 18:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says missed chances cost his side three points after Bolton were edged out by the odd goal in seven against Cardiff City at Macron Stadium.

Bolton twice came from behind to draw level thanks to goals from Gary Madine and Dorian Dervite, but in the end were defeated.

And speaking in his post-match press conference the manager felt his side created enough opportunities to win the game.

“I feel we should have won the game,” Lennon said. “We’ve missed a hatful of simple chances and we have to do better in the final third.

“The goals we gave away were far too simple for my liking, but in the end it feels like a game where we’ve snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

“I did feel we should have had a penalty in the second half when Liam Feeney was brought down in the area, but after speaking to the referee he didn’t seem to think there was enough contact.

“There isn’t a lack of effort or character right now, we just need that little bit of cutting edge in front of goal. There’s no recipe to improve things. We just have to keep going and take the positives from the game.

“I thought that Darren Pratley and Neil Danns really drove the team forward in the midfield areas and Gary Madine has scored a great goal.

“We’ll keep going. Regardless of what is going on off the pitch, that isn’t affecting our performances. The players are solely focussed on getting us out of this position. Whatever happens off the pitch will happen.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Dec 06 2015, 14:06; edited 1 time in total

2What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:17

Oh shut up, Neil......just............shut up.

3What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:24

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Dad who is that is it Lennon, dad replys .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:25

Mr Magoo wrote:Dad who is that is it Lennon, dad replys .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tried way too hard there

You bellend

Very Happy

5What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw the first call for Jimmy Phillips to be manager tonight on twitter.

Think that spells the end for him honestly.

6What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:50

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think Neil is to blame to be fair. He's got both hands tied behind his back and a blindfold on under the current circumstances. I wish people would shut up about Jimmy Phillips though. He's not and never will be a real football manager. If he wanted to be he could have got a job doing that somewhere ages ago. He's a good coach but it's blatantly obvious he doesn't want the big chair so it's about time the Twitter knee jerk brigade got that and shut up. 

I went to the game and think Neil pretty much got it right. We gave away some silly goals and did ourselves in rather than get outplayed by Cardiff. I was happy to see there was a lot more in the way of desire and spirit than there has been in the last few weeks but the truth is our quality sucks and most of our guys just aren't good enough. No one can make a poor player into a good one, all a manager can do is get the best out of each individual that can be achieved and I think Neil got that today for the most part.

7What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:51

Pete, you've really got to stop taking everything Hipster says literally.

Nobody's calling for JP to take over.

8What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair enough Breadman. I'm still not sure what constitutes a joke these days, especially when it concerns BWFC. Unless it's just everything that is. Smile

9What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 20:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its not a joke someone on twitter said they wanted jp and skd to take over

10What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 20:43

Prove it.

I demand a link.

11What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 22:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon is the worst Manager ever, fuck off Lennon.

12What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sat Dec 05 2015, 23:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Prove it.

I demand a link.

13What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sun Dec 06 2015, 01:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"the odd goal in seven" KP??

14What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sun Dec 06 2015, 02:03

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I demand a link.

Someone who uses a picture of Tom Cruise as their avatar.

15What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sun Dec 06 2015, 02:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I still think Neil Lennon's the man for the job provided he wants it and a board comes in that's willing to give him something to work with in building a squad of players he actually wants rather than the current woeful setup.

16What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sun Dec 06 2015, 08:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I demand a link.

Someone who uses a picture of Tom Cruise as their avatar.

Whats that got to do with it? All I said was someone said that, and they did.

17What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Cardiff Sun Dec 06 2015, 10:43

That just says Jimmy.

He could mean any JImmy: Kimmel, Savile, Hill, Stewart, The bloke from The Undertones song, Bullard (hope not), Krankie, the list's endless and it's not proof.

Sorry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum