Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers crisis: Whites face winding-up order over unpaid tax while Gartside remains 'gravely ill'

+15
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Norpig
terenceanne
Sluffy
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
Jack Russell
scottjames30
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Bollotom2014
Bolton Nuts
xmiles
karlypants
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually spend all my time on here (just 85% of it) and I've only just seen your suggestion.

£25...?

Too rich for my blood I'm afraid. (Seriously, Mrs B would twat me if I entered into an online bet for twenty five quid with "one of (your) idiot friends that you've never even met and never will".)

I'm prepared to risk a tenner on no deal being done before next Friday and the Admins stepping in.

Wuuhtsshhhh!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:Bred has got it! There was only ever going to be one winner here and that was big ED. question is who would buy the macron when there is no club to play in it? How can he asset strip and sell it when there is no bwfc?

Knock the Macron down and build a giant mosque. After all it's been my Mecca for nearly twenty years!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:Bred has got it! There was only ever going to be one winner here and that was big ED. question is who would buy the macron when there is no club to play in it? How can he asset strip and sell it when there is no bwfc?
The land the Macron is standing on has a pretty good value. It's got a big shopping centre next to it, a train station about 200 yards from it and links into the motorway network. As it's on a brownfield site it could easily be redeveloped into something else from housing to an industrial estate without much problem. Bolton Council would probably jump at the chance to get jobs into there if a planning application was submitted and frankly they'd probably see it as a better thing for them than a dying or dead football club.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:Contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually spend all my time on here (just 85% of it) and I've only just seen your suggestion.

£25...?

Too rich for my blood I'm afraid. (Seriously, Mrs B would twat me if I entered into an online bet for twenty five quid with "one of (your) idiot friends that you've never even met and never will".)

I'm prepared to risk a tenner on no deal being done before next Friday and the Admins stepping in.
Ey'oop! Sneaky introduction of a timescale element Mr Breadman! Did I say when the hoped-for takeover would be agreed? I think not sir! And by "next Friday" are you talking about the 11th or the 18th?

OK as it's charity and as it's a tenner let's go for announcement of an agreed takeover by close of play on Friday 18th.

Agreed?
Only a few hours to go until your sneaky timescale thingy kicks in Bread (even though I still believe I've been right all along about a takeover going ahead) so I'm happy to cough up the tenner for charity.

That said, the "pay the staff" fundraiser is pretty redundant now so if you'd like to nominate an alternative charity and I'll donate the dosh to them - providing it's not the "buy Breadman a new jacuzzi" fund. Smile

Of course they could still announce today.....

And the admins haven't stepped in as yet....

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i know it's been mentioned on here before but there really needs to be a supporters trust set up to try and buy the club or am i just being ridiculous?
In theory it's a good idea but I'm afraid it's too late to start that now my friend. I've posted more on why not on another thread but the short (by lPp standards) version is it would take too long to put the money together, do a proper investigation into the club's real position and appoint the various people needed to run what is a multi-million pound business. If a ST bid was to succeed that process needed to start several months ago but since it hasn't there's no way a realistic proposition could be made before Jan 18th.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Norpig wrote:i know it's been mentioned on here before but there really needs to be a supporters trust set up to try and buy the club or am i just being ridiculous?
In theory it's a good idea but I'm afraid it's too late to start that now my friend. I've posted more on why not on another thread but the short (by lPp standards) version is it would take too long to put the money together, do a proper investigation into the club's real position and appoint the various people needed to run what is a multi-million pound business. If a ST bid was to succeed that process needed to start several months ago but since it hasn't there's no way a realistic proposition could be made before Jan 18th.
There's a BN article today saying an ST is being set up.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Yep, saw it on the thread on here (News Section) along with the fact it involves at least one member of the Lion Of Vienna group which is an instant turn off for me. Apparently I'm not alone either. Either way I don't see a way such an entity could be properly organised and financed in order to field a credible bid for the club in the time now available. Furthermore, it actually states that it wants to be self funding but may need help from outside just to get started so I don't see how it could possibly find the necessary money to buy us in a month or two. I think this is just an exercise in vanity from people who want to say "We tried to save the club but were let down by the rest of the fans".

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Yep, saw it on the thread on here (News Section) along with the fact it involves at least one member of the Lion Of Vienna group which is an instant turn off for me. Apparently I'm not alone either. Either way I don't see a way such an entity could be properly organised and financed in order to field a credible bid for the club in the time now available. Furthermore, it actually states that it wants to be self funding but may need help from outside just to get started so I don't see how it could possibly find the necessary money to buy us in a month or two. I think this is just an exercise in vanity from people who want to say "We tried to save the club but were let down by the rest of the fans".
I don't think the ST specifically states it's purpose would be to buy the club - at least not at this stage. Most STs exist to try to increase the influence fans have on the decision-making process and I suspect this is no different.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I don't think the ST specifically states it's purpose would be to buy the club - at least not at this stage. Most STs exist to try to increase the influence fans have on the decision-making process and I suspect this is no different.
You may be right but the vague way they've announced themselves and the way they made a special point of saying they had an insolvency expert as one of the founders makes me very suspicious of the whole business, especially if the WW guy and sluffy are right about exactly who is involved behind the 'anonymous' founders. I'm not going near this lot, they sound like chancers to me and there's more than enough of those involved in this sorry mess already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum