Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dear God what drivel!

+10
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Dear God what drivel! Empty Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Funnily enough just before I had to go out for a few hours this evening I was arguing for the right for people to post as whoever they want to be on Nuts within reason.  I can tell you that I had to overcome some well reason opposition to this but by the time I left I had just about won the day.

I come back to this shite and find my legs have well and truly been cut off beneath me.

Let me admit to enjoying more a forum where there is a bit of argument and friction, a place where everybody need not be friends, an atmosphere with a bit of edge to it - where people keep coming back to see what is happening next - but this fecking 'bumchums v Nat and her motley crew is utterly appalling and I can't blame anybody wanting to swerve away from Nuts right now.

The abuse (particularly of Copper) is unnecessary, unwanted and probably more to the point is simply unfunny.  The whole act is now very tiresome.

Yes I get it, the running joke of Bruce Forsyth is not to your liking, the clear friendship of people like Bonce, Bread and Johnny may even have become an anathema to you but it isn't your right, nor mine, nor anyone else's to say their way of having fun is not wanted here or may in some way be off putting or even harmful to the site. Clearly, however, your way of enjoying yourself over the last few hours clearly is, for all to see!

Out of respect to you we will let it go tonight but we have clearly reached a point where this sort of shite simply can't carry on.

I'm probably your biggest fan over the years and I most certainly would not want to lose you from Nuts but enough is enough.

Have a wonderful Christmas, hopefully you may consider what you want from a forum and if you can still find it with Nuts - I truly hope you can - but please, please, please pack in this nonsense.

Thank you.

2Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes Copper, enough is enough, we are sick of you.

3Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This guy can't even bring himself to utter mine and Scott's name. Truly awful attempt at reconciling and trying to ease tensions. All you've really done is insult me and Scott and threatened Natasha with a ban.

Whilst we are at it, don't think I haven't noticed each time you have spelled my name incorrectly, be it 'boogers' or 'boggars'. You are not subtle enough

4Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leave Sluffy alone. It's an honest attempt to get you back into delivering the witty banter you were once capable of.
Not sure what's happened but seriously....are you OK? You seem to have lost it a bit and TBH I'm worried for you.

5Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is all back door stuff again, PMs and stuff, can't even face the music.

Not even worth bothering about if you ask me.

6Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Leave Sluffy alone. It's an honest attempt to get you back into delivering the witty banter you were once capable of.
Not sure what's happened but seriously....are you OK? You seem to have lost it a bit and TBH I'm worried for you.

It was addressed to Whittam. I am not whittam

7Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And therein lies some of the problem scott. The truth is that were I a new poster looking in at some of the stuff that's been written today by me as well as others I think I'd swerve this place faster than David Cameron swerves his promises. 

I don't expect everyone to agree with me when I post but for the most part I try to indulge in intelligent debate. It shames me to say I've failed on that score somewhat today and perhaps it may be time for sluffy, karly, biggie and the other admins and mods to get their heads together and come up with a set of concrete rules that help to prevent threads descending into pathetic name calling spats. I don't mean outlaw swearing, I don't mean turn the place into a prison where no one is allowed an opinion that deviates from a party line. I mean simply exercise a certain amount of external control over posters who will not control themselves.

8Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this site wants to ban the Brotherhood, if one goes we all go.

The Bumchum can lead the way .

9Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon is an exceptional quality ale and should be treated with respect.

10Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm a wanking steaming pile of dog turd sprayed out of Johnny's arse, according to the dull unpleasant brothers.

I'm sure most adults like reading that kind of stuff.

11Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I'm a wanking steaming pile of dog turd sprayed out of Johnny's arse, according to the dull unpleasant brothers.

I'm sure most adults like reading that kind of stuff.

Spot on assessment if you ask me.

12Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is a Burnley fan.

13Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:And therein lies some of the problem scott. The truth is that were I a new poster looking in at some of the stuff that's been written today by me as well as others I think I'd swerve this place faster than David Cameron swerves his promises. 

I don't expect everyone to agree with me when I post but for the most part I try to indulge in intelligent debate. It shames me to say I've failed on that score somewhat today and perhaps it may be time for sluffy, karly, biggie and the other admins and mods to get their heads together and come up with a set of concrete rules that help to prevent threads descending into pathetic name calling spats. I don't mean outlaw swearing, I don't mean turn the place into a prison where no one is allowed an opinion that deviates from a party line. I mean simply exercise a certain amount of external control over posters who will not control themselves.
 This!  :like: .. It's all very well having a laugh and a joke and a bit of fun ( banter?) but when serious threads and topics start going belly up because of puerile name calling it can become a bit boring after a bit. Newcomers might not see the funny side and think they have signed up to a nuthouse.

14Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

think i preferred your alter ego (can't type it as it keeps changing to boggers) to be honest he wasn't a nasty little shit like you, 23 going on 13, grow up you tool

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:00; edited 1 time in total

15Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 22:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:think i preferred Boggers to be honest he wasn't a nasty little shit like you, 23 going on 13, grow up you tool

I am boggers, you tool.

16Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:01

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Copper Dragon is an exceptional quality ale and should be treated with respect.

You're a full bodied brew with an exceptional hoppy aftertaste, if I do say so my myself.

17Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Tbh it doesn't bother me at all. If people want to have a bit of childish banter and talk shit is up to them surely. If people don't like it or want to be involved in it then just ignore it or don't click on the thread. 

By making a big deal about it just draws more attention to it imo. 

It's been said many times before but it's true. It's just strangers on the Internet talking shite so what's the problem. It's always going to happen every now and again and getting pissed off about it is just daft. 

Copper probably finds it boring getting stick but I would bet it doesn't bother him and he can give as good as he gets anyway. Just laugh it off as pathetic and crack on. 

Am I stupid for taking it all with a pinch of salt? People spend far too much time worrying about it if you ask me.

18Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers is a legend poster, you can't treat him this way.

19Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

why when i try to type Boggers other name is it changing automatically back to boggers? Has the other account been banned?

20Dear God what drivel! Empty Re: Dear God what drivel! Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Tbh it doesn't bother me at all. If people want to have a bit of childish banter and talk shit is up to them surely. If people don't like it or want to be involved in it then just ignore it or don't click on the thread. 

By making a big deal about it just draws more attention to it imo. 

It's been said many times before but it's true. It's just strangers on the Internet talking shite so what's the problem. It's always going to happen every now and again and getting pissed off about it is just daft. 

Copper probably finds it boring getting stick but I would bet it doesn't bother him and he can give as good as he gets anyway. Just laugh it off as pathetic and crack on. 

Am I stupid for taking it all with a pinch of salt? People spend far too much time worrying about it if you ask me.

Post of the day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum