Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC have a transfer Embargo

+6
Bolton Nuts
wessy
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21BWFC have a transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC have a transfer Embargo Thu 24 Dec - 15:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always imagined that regardless of whether we go into administration or we are bought by a consortium, there would be no money for new players in the foreseeable future anyway and the focus would be on retaining and developing our youth players.

22BWFC have a transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC have a transfer Embargo Thu 24 Dec - 15:21

For me, it's not what this says about the future that's of biggest concern, it's what it says about the past.

The people running the club have obviously seen this coming for a long time (at least 18 months since we failed to make the play-offs under DF on the last day against Blackpool?), but what have they done?

It looks like (continuing to desperately try and slash the wage bill by off-loading anybody with a saleable value apart), all they've done is stick their heads in the sand and wait for the inevitable to happen.

If ED was serious about selling the club as a going concern, he would have publicly announced that he was happy to wipe any debt owed to him 12 months ago, rather than doing it three weeks ago when it was already too late because HMRC were at the door and the club was staring Administration in the face.

We are royally screwed now because it's not in the interests of any new bidders to stump up any money to buy the club because they know they can sit back, wait and then pick over the bones in January.

So by continuing to use Gartside to fiddle away whilst the Macron burned for over 12 months, ED has laid the foundations for the club's and his own demise.

More rank bad leadership at the very least, if nothing else.

23BWFC have a transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC have a transfer Embargo Thu 24 Dec - 20:04

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I always imagined that regardless of whether we go into administration or we are bought by a consortium, there would be no money for new players in the foreseeable future anyway and the focus would be on retaining and developing our youth players.
I'm taking advantage of a short lull in the chaos to post a last few comments before everyone begins to land. lusty, I fear we may not be able to retain our youth players under the circumstances because they're a saleable asset whether contracted or not. Players under 23 are subject to a fee that where necessary is set by a tribunal and in our case I suspect our most promising youngsters will have to be sold via that means next month if only to make headway on the HMRC petition let alone this embargo. With the downgrade of the academy that took place earlier this year their value will have dropped and so will our ability to develop them even if we could retain them. Sadly I think the New Year is going to see us stripped right to the barest of bones whether we avoid administration or not. Add in that the embargo may well put off a potential buyer because it clearly prevents them from investing in the squad immediately and we may be in even more trouble than we thought (if that is possible).

Personally I think we might well be better advised to go into voluntary administration in the first week of January. One way or another it's coming and at least if we do it ourselves we might be able to salvage something tangible from the mess. A lot will of course depend on these talks that have allegedly been going on for god knows how long and whether or not there is a bid of any real substance. Sorry to be so down about this but I fear the embargo may turn out to be another nail in the coffin of BWFC

24BWFC have a transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC have a transfer Embargo Thu 24 Dec - 20:13

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aye. And just watch our youngsters, who Lennon didn't play in the seniors, move on and in future transfers command multi-million pound fees. Get the youngsters in now or you'll be labelled the poorest most negligent manager on the planet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum