Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Megson anyone?

+7
scottjames30
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gary Megson anyone? Empty Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 15:17

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hated the guy when he was here, and thought his brand of football was pretty dire, ho.wever if anybody could get these losers playing he could, so I for one would welcome him back, at the very least we would see an improvement and leadership which is obviously missing right now

2Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I hated the guy when he was here, and thought his brand of football was pretty dire, ho.wever if anybody could get these losers playing he could, so I for one would welcome him back, at the very least we would see an improvement and leadership which is obviously missing right now
We certainly do need to tighten up at the back and that's the kind of approach Megson could imbue in the team, but he's a cock and can't manage without money so no thanks.

3Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 15:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's an awful manager.

I think id even prefer Coyle

4Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 15:27

I don't think he would come back.

5Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 15:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is like asking somebody on death's door if they want a smack in the head to speed the process along.

Absolute misconception that Megson has this Allardyce like ability to organise and get teams on track. Yes he sort of did it here for a period, with the help of £40m, a talented group of players and an abundance of sheer dumb luck.

It was clear from 95% of his time at Bolton that the players were fed up and had their minds on other things.

Yes Lennon has understandably gone down in some people's estimations over this difficult six month period but I'm literally in shock that we're now having this debate.

6Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 15:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Megson's defence was almost as bad as this one and with far less excuse. It's a complete myth that he could organise teams. He simply parked the bus in every match and hoped we wouldn't concede. Bring him back and I'd shove my Season Ticket right up Mr Birch's orifice with a baseball bat wrapped in razor wire.

7Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 16:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He hates us. He'll be tucking into another mince pie,and laughing his nuts off.

8Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 16:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rated him, and yes i would have him back.

Would he come back? Would he fuck.

He's probably laughing his cock off at our joke of a club at the moment.

9Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 16:54

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:I hated the guy when he was here, and thought his brand of football was pretty dire, ho.wever if anybody could get these losers playing he could, so I for one would welcome him back, at the very least we would see an improvement and leadership which is obviously missing right now
Give your head a wobble!

10Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 16:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

where is Megson now? He seems to have disappeared (not that i'm complaining i hated him more than anyone ever connected with BWFC). Has he retired to concentrate on his gardening?

11Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Harshly treated by the fans for doing a job and keeping us up.

Had to start rebuilding the team after Allardyce's departure and paid way over the odds for so-so players. The football was dire and I can't blame those who paid good money to watch it not liking it one bit - but he kept us up - which was what was required of him.

We all know now what happens when we did get relegated and couldn't get back up again (thank you Owen).

Pointless discussion but then again that is what a forum is all about!

12Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 17:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Would he come back? Would he fuck.

He's probably laughing his cock off at our joke of a club at the moment.

Megson's an absolute psychopath. A real nasty piece of work with not an ounce of class. I've no doubt he's loving every minute of the shit we're in which is only normal considering the abuse he took. But if he reckons we'd be any better off if we'd rubbed his ego and let him carry on what he was doing - which I'm sure in his infinite delusions of grandeur is the case - he's massively mistaken. And as others have said, it's not the biggest mystery in the world that he's not held down a job since. And for the majority of his career for that matter.

13Gary Megson anyone? Empty Re: Gary Megson anyone? Sun Dec 27 2015, 17:40

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

stop wumming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum