Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL

+3
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Tue Jun 12 2012, 19:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

few rumours doing the rounds he's walked tonight.

Sad

2Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Tue Jun 12 2012, 19:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Levy has been stalling on giving him a new contract. I reckon Spurs want AVB but fortunately for Harry, Wolves could use an entertaining manager who plays decent footy.

3Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Tue Jun 12 2012, 19:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Spurs in for Coyle then perhaps?

I've got my fingers crossed!

4Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Tue Jun 12 2012, 21:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Redknapp has come out with a statement saying in short it's all bollocks.

I give it just over a week before Arry resigns.

5Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 00:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has denied rumours he has resigned.

Redknapp, 65, has a year left on his contract and warned last week that ongoing uncertainty about his future would affect Spurs players.

But when when asked about internet speculation he had quit, he told ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it's being suggested I have.

"This is an outrage - an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet."

He added: "It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

Redknapp guided Spurs to the Champions League for the first time in 2010.

Tottenham finished fourth last season but were denied a place in the Champions League when Chelsea won the competition.

Negotiations over an extended contract for Redknapp have stalled since the start of the year when he was linked with the then vacant England manager's job.

He denied suggestions linking him with a club in Qatar but said a lack of a new deal could unsettle his squad.

Redknapp said: "The simple situation is, I've got a year left on my contract. It's up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that contract or not.

"If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, it's not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left.

"It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've only got one year left on your contract and knowing that it doesn't work, basically.

"I think it's a situation of, 'well, he might not be here next year'. You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good, and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good.

"It's up to Tottenham. If they think I'm OK and I've done a decent job and deserve an extension, they'll give it to me."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18418066

6Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's gone.

7Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:41

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:he's gone.

Nothing on BBC or SSN.

8Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:51

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's on SSN now.

9Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc wrote:Redknapp has come out with a statement saying in short it's all bollocks.

I give it just over a week before Arry resigns.

Happened quicker than I thought but still not surprised he has gone.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has reportedly held talks with chairman Daniel Levy amid claims the 65-year-old's tenure at White Hart Lane is set to come to an end.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7811092/Redknapp-to-leave-Spurs-

10Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Utter madness. I guarantee you that whoever takes charge will finish about 8th.

11Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Unless of course it was Coyle - then it would be 18th!

12Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Unless of course it was Coyle - then it would be 18th!

I absolutely guarantee you that Owen Coyle will be manager of Burnley by this time next year.

13Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Unless of course it was Coyle - then it would be 18th!

I absolutely guarantee you that Owen Coyle will be manager of Burnley by this time next year.

And I absolutely guarantee you that Owen Coyle won't be manager of Burnley this time next year.

14Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

And I absolutely guarantee you that Owen Coyle won't be manager of Burnley this time next year.

He will. And perhaps then you'll accept that I know football better than you.

15Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's more chance of him being the manager of Real Madrid.

16Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 22:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:There's more chance of him being the manager of Real Madrid.

Shut it you bellend.

Bolton will be shite, but will hold off sacking him until after Christmas. Burnley will be mid-table but as soon as they see Coyle back on the market Eddie Howe will be history.

17Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 23:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

He will. And perhaps then you'll accept that I know football better than you.

I'm not in competition with you or anyone else. I just know complete and utter bollocks when I read it. If I bookmark this thread and come back to it one year from now and point out that Coyle isn't manager of Burnley, you'll ignore the post any way. It's what you do.

18Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 23:11

It's not a bad shout actually, the cretins down the road think Coyle is God.

19Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Wed Jun 13 2012, 23:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They think he's a wanker.

20Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Redknapp leaves Spurs - OFFICIAL Thu Jun 14 2012, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Harry Redknapp has left Tottenham after almost four years in charge.

Redknapp, who was heavily linked with the England job before the Football Association opted for Roy Hodgson, had denied speculation that he had resigned on Tuesday.

The 65-year-old had a year left on his contract but reportedly failed to agree a new deal with chairman Daniel Levy.

Everton manager David Moyes is the favourite for the job but the Toffees have received no approach for the Scot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18436663

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum