Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vela, Moxey and Mark Davies the first to go in January?

+2
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JOSH Vela could lead a January exodus at Wanderers by joining Cardiff City for a cut price £450,000.

Neil Lennon confirmed the youngster – who has been with the Whites since the age of nine - could be on his way out of the Macron Stadium.

Russell Slade has tracked the midfielder for more than 12 months and the Bluebirds boss could now take advantage of Bolton’s precarious financial position to land his man.

“There has been an enquiry from Cardiff on Josh but whether that is confirmed or goes through, I don’t know yet,” Lennon said.

Asked whether the matter had been taken out of his hands because of the financial situation, he answered: “Yes.

It is feared that the club may have to sell more players next month with no end in sight to the financial crisis.

Though Dean Holdsworth’s Sports Shield consortium remain confident they can mount a realistic bid and complete the relevant legal paperwork in time to prevent a fire sale in January, their confidence is not shared within the walls of the Macron.

Reports yesterday claimed one of the squad’s highest earners, Dean Moxey, could be sacrificed with Wolves and Bristol City keen to take him on.

Both Vela and Mark Davies – reportedly courted by Middlesbrough – sat out against Rotherham but Lennon confirmed after the game that their absence was down to fitness issues.

“They are both injured,” he said. “Mark has a slight knee injury and Josh is suffering from the same knee injury he missed the Fulham game with.”
 
Vela has made 57 appearances for Wanderers since breaking into the team in the final Premier League season in 2012 under Owen Coyle.

His only goal came in his last appearance at Charlton Athletic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Be a shame to see vela go.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Be a shame to see vela go.

It wouldn't, he hasn't lived up to expectations.

I think that being played at right back hasn't really helped him shine though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst administrators are likely to put the entire squad up for sale at a knockdown price (their priority being solvency over survival) we still don't know if Deano's bid will succeed or fail and if it succeeds we don't know what the business plan is so at this stage nobody has the faintest idea whether or not we will be selling any players.

In fact if the bid includes a level of investment, the embargo would be overturned in minutes and we may be actually be buying players in January rather than selling - although I'd imagine there would be a serious attempt to clear out some dross regardless of who owns the club.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I think that being played at right back hasn't really helped him shine though.
With Wilson and Pisano available as well as kids like White (on loan ATM) coming through at RB I am really struggling to understand NLs selections at times - especially as we have a "soft centre" and Vela can tackle and play a bit so would be better employed there.

Had a cracking game today. All three of the above mentioned. Would be a shame to lose any of them now.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll be better when they go.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I disagree scott. Losing any of them would be a blow and losing Clough would probably be the last nail in the coffin of our survival hopes which are already slimmer than a stick insect on weight watchers. To be honest, we have a small core of maybe 7 players who can perform at 2nd tier level, everyone else is probably not good enough for league one. We need to keep that core intact if at all possible. But I'm betting you knew that already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum