Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are We All Destined To Be Zombies?

+2
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Empty Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Wed Jun 13 2012, 10:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Virtually every single film that gets released these days is about Zombies.

Some sort of virus gets spread across the globe that turns people into flesh eating killers, with a few humans left trying to avoid being bitten by these zombies.

I watched Stake Land last night, one of the most depressing films I've ever watched. Don't watch it, you'll want to top yourself.

But as there are so many films about zombies surely there must be some truth to it, there's no smoke without fire. Did someone once see the future? When will this virus come? Will I be a zombie or will I be one of the "lucky" ones that gets to ride around Bolton shooting zombies for the rest of my life?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know about Zombies, but how about the "noises heard round the world"

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very interesting Hipster. Apparently the noise was identified as a hungry swarm of African killer bees which had flown off course. Either that or there is a lot of fracking going on around the world.

i watched stake land on friday night with a friend, how depressing was that! not often you see a zombie feasting on a baby. thankfully.

my fave zombie film is zombieland, you have to have a bit of humour in a horror film.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shaun of the Dead, the George A Romero films - Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead are good.

I also really enjoyed I Am Legend, the Will Smith movie, even though it was a remake of The Omega Man.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Shaun of the Dead, the George A Romero films - Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead are good.

I also really enjoyed I Am Legend, the Will Smith movie, even though it was a remake of The Omega Man.

Agree with I Am Legend, great film. Dont really like any of the George Romero films to be honest, but agree with Jayne that Zombieland is class.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Romero films have some great dark humour in them. There's this bit in one of them where about 50 zombies have cornered this military nutcase. He runs out of ammo and they get hold of him and start tearing away at his midriff.

As they start feasting on his large intestine, he shouts "choke on it! choke on it!"

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I liked the movies Largehat listed - not so much "I Am Legend" though. Really liked "Zombieland" as well. I remember a scene from one of the 'Living Dead' movies where this really sexy naked zombie was strolling down the street towards the camera - I recall her having red hair. I'm sure LH remembers the scene. Good movie!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Virtually every single film that gets released these days is about Zombies.

I watched Stake Land last night, one of the most depressing films I've ever watched. Don't watch it, you'll want to top yourself.

i watched stake land on friday night with a friend, how depressing was that!

are you two friends in real life?

10Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Empty Re: Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

are you two friends in real life?

It's called Sky+ Anytime Hipster, it probably hasn't reached Aberdeen yet.

Jayne said she watched it on Friday and I said "last night". You must try harder.

11Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Empty Re: Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:01

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I would have enjoyed I Am Legend more if they hadn't screwed around with the book so much. It was a great story. They kinda missed the point really.

12Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Empty Re: Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Totally agree, I am Legend was a fantastic story.

The film was only remarkable for one thing, the score by James Newton Howard which was stunning.

13Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Empty Re: Are We All Destined To Be Zombies? Wed Jun 13 2012, 21:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

TheHateCamel wrote:I would have enjoyed I Am Legend more if they hadn't screwed around with the book so much. It was a great story. They kinda missed the point really.

Share the magic Mr Camel. What was the point they kinda missed from the book?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]