Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies: Investment vital at Wanderers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former Wanderers striker Kevin Davies admits he is desperate for his old club to find fresh investment as another crucial deadline looms ever closer.

In 14 days' time Wanderers face a winding-up hearing that was issued by HM Revenue and Customs following an unpaid tax bill for November.

Press Association Sport understands the Sky Bet Championship club owe a seven-figure sum and although they could try and have an extension granted, time is once again against them.

Bolton's coffers are empty after owner Eddie Davies stopped his financial support - although he is willing to wipe out £185million of debt owed to him as part of any takeover - and it is understood they had to sell an office and call in funding from the PFA just to pay their players last month.

Separate consortiums led by ex-Bolton players Dean Holdsworth and Stelios Giannakopoulos have been unable to satisfy the criteria needed to take control, but Davies knows something needs to give to prevent the situation from getting bleaker still.

"I just want somebody to come in and get control, it doesn't matter who really," he told talkSPORT. "Nothing's happened yet which is worrying.

"Nobody, as far as I know, has got the amount of money up front to even get to the table to start looking into the books - the income, expenditure, the debt, there's quite a lot of sketchy figures and numbers out there.

"As far as I know nobody's come up with the right business plan which is right for the club or is right for the new owners. At the moment it's come to a stumbling point for all the parties concerned."

England cap Davies spent a decade at the Macron Stadium between 2003 and 2013 and played for the club in Europe before seeing them lose their top-flight status in 2012.

He believes it is their inability to adapt to life below the top table that has resulted in such financial turmoil.

"They are running still as a Premier League club - obviously now Eddie's pulled his money out, that's why they find themselves in such trouble," Davies added. "It's clear to see it's not being run in the right way."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies wrote:It's clear to see it's not being run in the right way.

Genius.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deano's group are out?

Even though that guy who owns Middlebrook paid the wages?

If so, admin is inevitable IMO.

wanderlust wrote:Deano's group are out?

Even though that guy who owns Middlebrook paid the wages?

If so, admin is inevitable IMO.

Just listen to me in future - it saves a lot of time.  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum