Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 02 2016, 22:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Anyone watch the Blacklist or Tyrant?
I'm just watching the first few episodes of the blacklist. It's started off promisingly so I'm hoping it's going to be good.
It's brilliant I think. Really enjoyed it. Give Tyrant a try. The second season is better than the first but still worth a watch.
Just had a look on imdb and it looks good. Cheers LT, I'll give it a go when I get a chance.
Nice one. Currently looking for a new series you got any you recommend? One's I've watched are The Following, Blacklist, Breaking Bad. Tyrant, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

I've been bingeing on UK TV and recently watched all these... Broadchurch, Southcliffe, Hinterland, River, The Detectorists.

All get thumbs up from me.

142Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 02 2016, 22:40

Deutchland 83 and Narcos are both brilliant, if you like watching programs with subtitles that is.

143Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 02 2016, 23:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If you don't mind subtitles all three series of The Bridge are good. Currently From Dusk till Dawn is pretty good and Gotham isn't bad.

144Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 08:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
I'm just watching the first few episodes of the blacklist. It's started off promisingly so I'm hoping it's going to be good.
It's brilliant I think. Really enjoyed it. Give Tyrant a try. The second season is better than the first but still worth a watch.
just finished watching the second series of Tyrant, great ending!

145Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 13:23

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
just finished watching the second series of Tyrant, great ending!
I agree great ending had mixed emotions at the end. Can't wait for the next series. 

As for series with subtitles I ain't a fan but cheers anyway guys. 

Just starting a series called Orphan Black really enjoying it at the moment.

146Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there are so many good programmes from abroad that are worth giving a go (even with the subtitles)

Prisoners of war  - Israeli series that Homeland was based on

Gomorrah and Romanze Criminale - both Italian crime dramas and both brilliant

Love/Hate - Irish gangsters in Dublin (no subtitles needed  Very Happy)

Mesrine - French gangster drama, 2 films in the series but still fantastic

147Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 18:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Just had a look on imdb and it looks good. Cheers LT, I'll give it a go when I get a chance.
Nice one. Currently looking for a new series you got any you recommend? One's I've watched are The Following, Blacklist, Breaking Bad. Tyrant, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.
There's loads of stuff im trying to work my way through at the minute but my picks would be - Better call Saul, Gotham, Person of interest and Fargo.

148Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaking Bad is the new Wire. Absolute shite but cool to say you like it.

Better Call Saul. More "cool" shite.

Fook off.

149Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 18:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banshee Season 4 ( The finale ) comes out in April.

Nat, I thought The Wire and Breaking Bad were brilliant. I can also recommend Homeland, Ray Donovan, The Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy.

150Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 18:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Nat, I thought The Wire and Breaking Bad were brilliant. I can also recommend Homeland, Ray Donovan, The Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy.

Thanks for those recommendations. I'll be staying well clear seeing as you think The Wire and BB are brilliant.

151Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:02

Think I said it earlier, but MR ROBOT is the one to watch at the moment, or Making a Murderer if you like that kind of thing.

152Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Think I said it earlier, but MR ROBOT is the one to watch at the moment, or Making a Murderer if you like that kind of thing.

If it's not on Sky I don't watch it.

153Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:13

I finished Making a Murderer a couple of weeks ago but I'm still reading up trying to work out if he did it or not, I think you'll love it Nat. Plus the defendant looks like Cedric:

Film and TV review. - Page 8 Steven-avery4

154Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 04 2016, 16:50

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Thinking of giving American Horror Story and Fear the walking dead a go. 

Has anyone seen them, and if so, are they any good?

155Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 04 2016, 22:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watching Car Crash Britain: Caught on Camera.

There really are some tits on the road these days! Shocked

156Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Feb 05 2016, 08:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Thinking of giving American Horror Story and Fear the walking dead a go. 

American Horror Story is good, each series has roughly the same actors in it but in a different setting, all 5 series have been good.

Fear the walking dead was a big let down for me, i love the waling dead but this was just too slow to get going, it did get a bit better but not a patch on the main show.

If you fancy a show to get your teeth into, have you seen Sons of Anarchy? Absolutely loved this show and have all the box sets

157Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Feb 05 2016, 09:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Thinking of giving American Horror Story and Fear the walking dead a go. 

American Horror Story is good, each series has roughly the same actors in it but in a different setting, all 5 series have been good.

Fear the walking dead was a big let down for me, i love the waling dead but this was just too slow to get going, it did get a bit better but not a patch on the main show.

If you fancy a show to get your teeth into, have you seen Sons of Anarchy? Absolutely loved this show and have all the box sets
Watched the first episode of American Horror Story last night and it was good so I'll stick with that one. I'll put sons of Anarchy on my ever growing list of things to watch as I've heard quite a few people saying it's worth watching. I'll give fear the walking dead a miss for now then seeing as I've got plenty of other good stuff to go at. I'll be giving Tyrant a watch either today or tomorrow on yours and LT's recommendation as well.  :like:

158Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Feb 05 2016, 16:36

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Watched the first episode of American Horror Story last night and it was good so I'll stick with that one. I'll put sons of Anarchy on my ever growing list of things to watch as I've heard quite a few people saying it's worth watching. I'll give fear the walking dead a miss for now then seeing as I've got plenty of other good stuff to go at. I'll be giving Tyrant a watch either today or tomorrow on yours and LT's recommendation as well.  :like:
Be sure to let us know what you think pal. Also Orphan Black is a decent series give that a whirl.

159Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Feb 05 2016, 20:15

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Be sure to let us know what you think pal. Also Orphan Black is a decent series give that a whirl.
I tried Orphan Black a while ago. It did my nut in a bit. With the same bird playing about 400 characters I couldn't keep up. I never made it all the way through in the end.

160Film and TV review. - Page 8 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Feb 06 2016, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last Thurs night around 1am I caught the back end of a documentary (seemed to be a few episodes to it) about the famous night time meat market in London on BBC4.

It seemed rather interesting although I can't think for the life of me what it was called.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum