Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 50]

391Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 02 2017, 12:21

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I knew it wasn't just me.

Cheers.

If those memory stick thingies were so important, would you really send your team of crack troops into action (where they may well get caught) with them on a piece of string round their necks?

No, would you balls.....

392Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 15:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just watched second episode of Quarry. It looks promising.

Funniest thing I saw over the holidays was Peter Pan Goes Wrong.

393Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 16:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Agree on Sherlock. I didn't even get through it without falling asleep. I'll stick to Come Dine With Me from now on.

394Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 16:31

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just read the reviews in The Graun and it appears we're not alone.

I think "universally panned" would be a bit strong but there's plenty of malcontent amongst the comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/02/sherlock-recap-series-four-episode-one-the-six-thatchers

395Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:36

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Just read the reviews in The Graun and it appears we're not alone.

I think "universally panned" would be a bit strong but there's plenty of malcontent amongst the comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/02/sherlock-recap-series-four-episode-one-the-six-thatchers

It irritated me right from the gingernuts scene.

396Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:40

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Megson flashback?

397Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Megson flashback?

Oh no. Did I mention that I'm trying not to drink?

398Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:45

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Print this off and when you're feeling the urge, get it out of your pocket and think back to calmer times, mate:

Film and TV review. - Page 21 3786687

399Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Print this off and when you're feeling the urge, get it out of your pocket and think back to calmer times, mate:

Film and TV review. - Page 21 3786687

I knew it! Finally there is photographic evidence that he is half man and half horse.

400Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 21:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And weirdly, exactly the same height as the Burnden Stand.

That's a lot of hands.....

401Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 04 2017, 21:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:And weirdly, exactly the same height as the Burnden Stand.

That's a lot of hands.....
Film and TV review. - Page 21 Screen10

402Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 05 2017, 20:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From the BBC show 'Revolting'

Very Happy

403Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 11 2017, 21:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bread2.0 wrote:Sherlock on the Beeb starring Beryl Cumsatchel and that hobbit from The Office.

Waited 12 months for this and it turned out a bit rubbish.

Up its own arse, full of plot holes and self-involved, navel-gazing bollocks which not only didn't add to the plot, but actually made it a confusing pile of incoherent tripe.

Not impressed.

Still better than most crap on the box but it's trying too hard to be clever at this point.

404Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 18 2017, 19:40

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure if I posted this on here before or the old 606 but here goes again...

An absolutely fantastic 36 minutes if you have the time.

405Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 06 2017, 23:32

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anyone watch The Accused tonight on ch5? An amazing documentary, worth catching if you didn't see it. I won't give a spoiler, but you HAVE to watch the end.

406Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 07 2017, 12:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:Anyone watch The Accused tonight on ch5? An amazing documentary, worth catching if you didn't see it. I won't give a spoiler, but you HAVE to watch the end.
I didn't see it,and probably won't now,as I already know the result of the trial.

Like the new avatar Manda. Very Happy

407Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 08 2017, 08:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:Anyone watch The Accused tonight on ch5? An amazing documentary, worth catching if you didn't see it. I won't give a spoiler, but you HAVE to watch the end.
I didn't see it,and probably won't now,as I already know the result of the trial.

Like the new avatar Manda. Very Happy

I haven't seen it but let me take a wild guess: idiot mother defends brutal boyfriend despite overwhelming evidence that he battered her baby found guilty.

408Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 08 2017, 11:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I finally grew the nuts and sacked off SKY a couple of months ago and have taken on Netflix to keep the missus happy. She's not though, so I waded through and found some programmes of the type she likes. Some are old (House of Cards/Homeland) and some newer (Nobel, Juana Ines, The Medici) but I have to say that the quality is generally good. Throw in the best of Freesat and the occasional film and it just about keeps her amused enough to hold back on the whingeing. I know I'll have to get SKY again at some point (unless I can persuade the missus to get a naughty Kodi) but in the meantime I'm saving a grand a year so happy days.

409Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not sure i could cope with no sky, think i mentioned before but i got a great deal with them (well my brother in law did to be honest) so i get the sports and all the boxsets now for a very reasonable price.

Just started watching Oz which i've been wanting to see for years and it's great so far

410Film and TV review. - Page 21 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:not sure i could cope with no sky, think i mentioned before but i got a great deal with them (well my brother in law did to be honest) so i get the sports and all the boxsets now for a very reasonable price.

Just started watching Oz which i've been wanting to see for years and it's great so far

It's one of my all-time favorite shows, Norpig. There are some absolutely brilliant characters in there. I actually used to prioritise it over The Sopranos back when it first aired.

Seasons 1-4 were amazing but I think it wend downhill a bit in 5 and 6. Still worth watching the lot though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum